What Big Teeth You Have My Dear

Attachments

***** Linda's p.o.v. *****


"We need a plan." I stated. It was obvious that we needed one, but everyone was just sitting at the kitchen table waiting for someone else to speak.

"Thanks you, Captain Obvious." Tulip said bitterly. She blamed me for the break up, but I blamed her for the issues with Oliver. It was an even trade.

"You two don't need to start a fight right now." Sarah said trying to stop any future disputes. Tulip just mumbled something to herself.

"You know the clan the best. What do you think we should do?" Greg asked.

"The last time I was technically part of the clan was about five years ago. They could have changed everything for all I know. I don't want to make plans that aren't right." I admitted.

"So, we need someone on the inside. That's what you're saying?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah, that's the best information I can give you. I mean, I could tell you everything that you would need to know, but there is a risk that it isn't right."

"Who could we get that's on the inside? Everyone is one hundred percent loyal to their alpha in that clan." Christy spoke up.

"Not really. When we were there, I just remember everyone being afraid of him. I don't remember anyone actually liking him." Max said. I nodded my head. It was true. Everyone honestly hated the man. hate only thing they were loyal to was the fact that he wouldn't kill him.

"So, all we need to do is find someone who is so scared that they will betray the man who creates all their fears? Sounds easy to me." Phillip shrugged.

"Do we need an actual wolf? Because a human mate would be easier to turn. All we need to do is tell them it is for the better of the pack or something like at." Fred said. He thought more about alternatives than the actual plan, I learned.

"Humans are kept in the dark in the pack. That much I am confident would stay the same." I said.

"So, who do we get?" Oliver asked looking at me. It had been a few days since I talked to him. I was ignoring his very presence, so it was strange hearing him talk.

"I think you should call her, Linda." Max said. I shot a glare towards him. That was not going to happen. Me calling her wold be just as bad as me calling him.

"Who's her?" Christy asked.

"No one of your all concerns. She would never help us anyways." I sighed.

"She would help us for you." Max pushed.

"No, she wouldn't. She's the one who told us to leave remember?"

"She was looking out for your safety. Do you honestly believe she would intentionally leave her own daughter to fend for herself?" Everyone's face snapped to Max and then back to me.

"Now you've done it." I mumbled.

"You won't even talk to your own mother for us?" Tulip asked. "That's cold, just plain cold."

"It's not the way it seems." I snapped at her.

"Then what way is it?" Shawn asked bitterly. They all thought that I was wishing them harm. I wasn't. I wanted them to win the war, and I would do anything to help them. But, this plan wasn't going to work.

"She kicked me and Max out five years ago because I was causing her trouble with my father. She'll do whatever it takes to save her own skin. She's a coward. That's why she has stayed with my father the entire time he was beating her because she wouldn't survive without him." I explained.

"She kicked us out because she didn't want to see you get beat anymore. She may be a coward, but she loved you and only wanted the best for you." Max said. I tired to argue with him because ultimately I knew more about my mother than him, but Oliver cut me off.

"Will you at least try to talk to her? I don't want to fight anymore." He almost begged. The look in his eyes would alone break me down to say yes. You don't see an alpha beg very often, and when they do it's desperate.

"Where's your phone?" I asked defeated.

Sarah jumped up and grabbed the phone from the kitchen counter. She placed it in my hands like it was a precious jewel. This was all of theirs last hope. They needed this to work. They were too tired to keep fighting.

I looked at the phone like it was going to bring my death. I quickly dialed the number that I was supposed to remember when I was a little girl. Everyone held their breath when they heard the first ring. They looked at me desperately.

"Hello?" A woman's voice called from the other end. She sounded worn down almost like she was incredibly tired.

"Hi." I said quietly. It had been a long time since I heard her voice. It was soothing really.

"Who's this?" She asked slightly curious.

"It's me, mom. It's Linda." I heard her gasp on the other end of the phone.

"L-Linda, is th-that really you?" She sounded like she was going to cry. It made me want to cry, too.

"Yeah, mom. It's really me." I said tears brimming in my eyes. I quickly wiped them away. These wolves didn't need to see me cry.

"Oh god. Linda, where are you? Are you safe? Just, oh god. I can't believe I'm hearing your voice. I missed you so much, darling."

"I missed you, too." I said tears flowing freely from my eyes. Something must have been exchanged because everyone besides Max and Oliver left.

"I'm so glad to hear from you. How have you been? I heard you were in New York last."

"I've been good, mom. I'm not in New York anymore though. That's actually why I called. I need your help." I said wiping the tears from my checks again.

"Anything you need, darling, anything at all. I'll be there."

"I need information about the pack. I'm actually in the Dusk Shadow pack right now." There was a pause. I knew she wouldn't help us. Love or not, she would always save her own skin.

"Where are you, bitch?" I heard a man scream. I growled instantly knowing my father had returned back from the hole he crawled in.

"I have to go. Meet me at the park I used to take you to when you were a little girl. Do you remember it, honey?" She asked hopefully. There was a ticking time bomb at the other end of the phone, and she was risking it going off for me.

"Yeah, I remember."

"Good, good, meet me there tomorrow at noon. I love you." She said quickly.

"I love you too, mom." I said before I heard the click of the phone signaling she hung up.

I sighed and put the phone down. I covered my face with my hands. I hadn't heard her voice in five years, and the last thing she said was to leave and never return. It was a little over whelming to say the least. never thought I would see her again.

I felt a hand be placed on my shoulder. I looked up and Max was gone. It was just me and Oliver now.

"What did she say?" He asked quietly trying not to upset me further.

"You have yourself an inside man." I said putting back up my shell of no emotion and little in sight to anything but the obvious.

"That isn't what I meant."

"I know what you meant, and it isn't any of your business. All that should matter to you is that this little war will be over quickly. My personal life has nothing to do with it."

"Your personal life is the only thing that is helping us. Do you really care that we are rebuilding every single bridge you ever burnt for our own personal gain?"

"Yes, I do care, and yes, it bothers me that I'm the only thing that is keeping you alive in this fucking war! Is this what you want? Me to scream out my feelings to you? Because you seem more concerned with the fact that I'm angry at the fucking world than the fact that your entire pack might die!" I screamed shoving his hand off my shoulder and standing up.

"I'm more concerned about you at the moment because my pact doesn't nearly turn into wolf form every other hour. They can control their emotions, and it seems like you have none!" I yelled pack standing up as well.

"You know nothing about me! So, just leave me alone! All we do is scream at each other. We will never be anything more than poison in each other's veins."

"When all you can do is think that way, we will."

"What you thought I would be optimistic? I'm not! You of all people should know that! I hate every single damn thing about this fucking world, and I hate you mot of all!" I screamed throwing my arms up.

"Why do you hate me? Because I actually give a damn about you? Or the fact that I'm the only one who has shown compassion to you when you were upset? Most people would be damned grateful for that!"

"Let it out, Oliver. We all know you've wanted to scream at me since the day we meet."

"Damn right I've wanted to scream at you! You are infuriating! You don't listen to other people. You don't give a single fuck how we all feel, not a single fuck. You ignore your wolf. You get into fights constantly. You have no emotions. You have no passion, no happiness, no joy. All you have left is hate, and it's all at yourself! We can't help you if you can't even treat yourself with respect!"

My nails dug into my palms, and I tried my best not to interrupt him. It was such a beautiful speech, who would want to interrupt it?

"If I'm such a burden, then why do you keep me around. Oh wait, you need me. This little war would be over without me, and you wouldn't be the winning team. So, I'm sorry if you think I'm a bitch that hates everything in the world because I'm not. Like I said, you know nothing about me."

"Then teach me." He suggested.

"It isn't something I can teach you. Learning the ways of my mind is something I hardly understand these days." I admitted. Everything was becoming too damn complicated. I was becoming attached to things that I shouldn't be. The walls I built to keep people out were slowly falling down. This was uncharted territory. I didn't know what to do anymore.

"Why can't you? Your mind is the only thing you should know better than anything else."

"Things are too different now. My old methods aren't working anymore. If they were, you wouldn't care about me. You would've have just left me left, and you wouldn't have cared. You should've let me stay gone. It is bad that I'm here."

"What's so bad with being here? Max seems to enjoy it here. Why can't you?"

"Max . . . he is easily dis-attached from things. When I get attached to things. . ." I paused. I needed pick my words wisely right now. They could be the death of me. "When I get attached to things, letting them go means I have to let go of a part of me. I don't let go of things too well because I don't have many of them. You remember the way I reacted when Max went on his first date with Ronnie. Imagine that every single time I went to a new place. It's easier not to care."

"You can get attached to this place. We aren't going anywhere. The only reason we would ever leave you is if you left all by yourself." He sad quietly. I looked at him and he was just standing there looking like he had just figured something out that no one ever had.

"You're really cute you know. No wonder Tulip didn't want to let you go." I said sitting back down.

"You aren't too bad yourself." He smiled.

We sat there for a while. It was a comfortable kind of silence. I could handle him. He actually was a great guy. I just acted like he was the biggest jerk in the world for coping reasons I guess. I didn't want to become attached t the pack. They would all leave me if I did. Though, I just seemed to realize it was a little too late to decide that. I already was attached.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am a terrible typer. 53 words changed.
Team Tyler