What Big Teeth You Have My Dear

Take Me To The Games

*** Linda's p.o.v. ***


The sun has long set in the sky and the moon was high in the sky. The light casted a white glow in the room. I looked out of the window at the treetops outside the apartment. The leaves swayed in the light breeze of the early night. It was the time of night were all the humans would be wrapped up in their warm blankets, not planning to leaving their homes any time soon.

Max walked out of his room and signaled that we were leaving. We walked to the tree line and quickly stripped. We were comfortable enough to be able to strip to our bare back but it was still strange. I mean he's my cousin, that's just disgusting.

We changed into our wolves with the satisfying crunch of bones and the stretch of skin. The pain was intense but bearable. I shook my body getting used to the fur and paws instead of the hands and legs.

Max's wolf was bigger than mine. Unlike our human forms. He was a couple inches taller and had a lot more muscle. He had dark brown hair with red spread throughout making him look almost auburn. He looked quite cuddly for a vicious wolf.

My wolf was the opposite. I was smaller, and I had white fur. I had spots of gray and black spread throughout my body. My stomach was filtered with scars of all shapes and sizes. It caused me to look almost psychotic from the lack of fur on parts of my body.

The second Max saw I was fine he bolted into the forest. I quickly followed snapping at his heels a couple of times to mess with him. He was stronger than me in this form by a long shot, but I was much, much faster. When I got next to him I rammed my body into him making him tumble over. I gave him a sheepish look and ran further into the forest. Our little game of tag continued for a while before. We found ourselves at a river bank. We both stood there and panted for a while.

I growl erupted through the quiet night air causing me to snap to that direction. I saw three wolves standing in front of Max and me. The black wolf, obviously higher rank than the others, stepped forward. I immediately took a defensive stance causing Max to take one too. A brown wolf also stepped forward and nudged the black wolf with his head. The black wolf looked over to him, and the brown wolf pointed to us and then barked. The black wolf looked at us and something dawned on him.

He then barked twice. Suddenly, a bunch of other wolves stepped out of the brush and surrounded Max and I on almost all sides. I started to panic. This couldn't be happening. We were careful we made sure where the local pack's territory was. We weren't on it according to my research, and there weren't any signs telling us we were.

I looked over at Max and he had panic in his eyes too. I looked over at the calm river to my left, and it seemed like our only escape. I looked back to Max and he seemed to think the same thing as me. Another growl erupted from the black wolf, and I looked over at him. He noticed what we were thinking and quickly silenced those thoughts. He motioned to his pack and the wolves came closer to us. I bared my teeth, and growled. The wolves kept coming closer and I looked over at Max. He could tell I was getting ready to fight.

The wolves took another step towards us and I shot up. I clawed at the closet one to me hitting it on its face making it fall back. I saw Max bite a wolf on the neck when another pounced on him. I ran over and slammed into it. Max stood back up and bit a another wolf behind me. I clawed a few other wolves before I saw the brown wolf from before knock Max out. It picked Max up and threw him over his back and ran off with him.

I barked at him to come back. I didn't care about the wolves surrounding me anymore. I jumped over them and ran after Max. The wolf was fast but the extra weight was causing him to slow. I was right on his heels when the black wolf slammed into me causing me to fly into a tree. I got back up and saw the brown wolf escape into the trees. I growled at the wold in front of me. He let the other wolf escape!

I seemed amused by something, and I snapped my jaws and took another defensive stance. I jumped onto it's back and bit at his neck. He growled and flipped us over so he was on top of me. He was stronger than me and I couldn't move. I growled at him and tried to bite him. He just barked at me as a warning. I sneered at him. He barked a couple more times. I didn't know what he was trying to get me to do, but he got off of me and went into the brush. He came back out in his human form with only some jeans on. It was the guy from lunch! The one who was staring! He was also in my English class.

"Change back into your human form." He demanded in an English accent. I thought about it a could easily over power him and find Max. I would just have to follow the smell trail.

"Don't even think about it girlie. If I don't come back with you your cousin will be killed. Besides you don't know how to get past my pack's security. Don't worry about clothes there are some female clothes from another pack member near that tree." He said pointing to a tree behind me. I snarled at him, but did what he said.

I went behind a tree and changed back into my human form. After hearing all the crunches of my bones and checking to make sure I could move all my muscles, I changed. I don't know who this girl is but she needs to wear more clothing. All I had was a tank top and short shorts. I felt awkward when I walked back out to what's-his-name, and tried to cover as much of my skin as I could.

"Where's my cousin?" I asked.

"Back at the pack house."

"What do you want with us?"

"That's for me to know." He replied. I scowled this guy was getting on my nerves and fast.

"Just let me get my cousin and we'll be out of your town. We didn't know a pack lived here."

"No. You guys won't be moving any time soon, and since rogues are out lawed we could easily kill you without any trouble."

"So you don't want us to leave, but you don't want us to stay?"

"I never said that. So do you want your cousin or not? If you do follow me." He said, and started walking off into the forest. I followed of course.

"So, what's your name?" He asked.

"Linda."

"I'm Oliver. I'm the alpha of this pack."

"Of course you are." I muttered.

We walked for a little longer, and were standing in front of a giant house. It was like a mansion in the middle of the woods. There was a garden out front and a giant swing around porch. The house itself was simple. It was just white with a black roof and shutters. Oliver walked right up to the front door and walked in. I followed him and saw Max leaning against Ronnie, from science. He was clearly still knocked out.

"What did you do to him?" I growled.

"Calm down darling. He'll come around in a while." Oliver said.

"Don't tell me to calm down, and don't call me darling." I sneered.

"What ever you say, darling. You'll just have to wait here until he comes around."

I huffed. What could possibly go wrong now.