What Big Teeth You Have My Dear

What Is Normal?

***** Linda's P.O.V. *****


"Follow me." I said in a quiet voice. I didn't know how to speak to this woman. She was my mother, but I haven't seen her a long time.

She wrapped her arms around her stomach protectively. She was waiting for someone to come and attack her. Of course she was nervous, but I would protect her. As much as I hated her for leaving me, she was my own flesh and blood. I couldn't leave her.

We walked up to the front porch where the boys were still waiting. Max had a curious look on his face, and Oliver looked pissed like always. He didn't like my mother because of who she was associated with. Not that I blame him.

"Hey, Max. You remember my mom?" I asked trying to break the uneasiness that was in the air. It was getting darker than normal. There must be a storm coming.

"Yeah of course." He replied. It was obvious this wasn't the woman he expected. I could almost read his mind. How could someone so weak have a daughter so strong?

"Nice to see you again, Max." My mother said in a small voice. Her eyes flicked from Oliver to Ronnie.

"Max, will you take her inside?" I asked. He nodded and my mother and Ronnie followed. Of course Ronnie followed Max. Oliver was about to follow buy I grabbed his arm.

"Stop looking at her like that." I spat quietly. I didn't want the people in the house to hear.

"Like what?" He asked narrowing his eyes. He was edging me on, daring me to challenge his dominance.

I narrowed my own eyes. "Like you're going to kill her the second you alone with her."

"Why would I do that?" He asked sharply.

"I get, Oliver. Okay? I get it.. She didn't stop him from killing your parents and ruining your life, but she couldn't. You don't know the type of power he had over her. She couldn't do anything to stop him. I'm sorry about what happened, but you can't blame her because she is the closest thing to him."

He sighed and squeezed his eyes shut. They were back to his normal brown color. "Fine, but if she tries anything suspicious."

"I'll handle it. I promised. Now let's go." I said, slipping my hand in his to pull him with me. He didn't object.

My mother was fidgeting on the couch while Max was sitting in the chair with Ronnie sitting on the arm next to him. She looked unhappy, but so did everyone else. She looked over at us and then at my hand that was entwined with Oliver's. She smiled slightly at me like she knew something.

"How long can you stay away?" I asked her. I sat next to her, and Oli stood over at the side of the room.

"I, uh, I left a note saying I was visiting my sister's grave. Um, I do that sometimes." She said. I looked over at Max who had a blank expression on his face. People don't usually bring his parents up.

I looked back at her. "Will he get angry at you when you return?"

"He's always angry." She said looking down. She was ashamed, like this was all her fault. It wasn't.

"It's late. You should get some rest, and we can talk in the morning." I said.

She laughed a little. "Shouldn't I be the one telling you to go to bed?"

"I suppose," I smiled. "You can take my room."

"Where will you sleep?" She asked. She didn't like taking things from other people. I remember that part of her.

"I'll find somewhere. Don't worry, mom." She smiled slightly when I called her my mother. She was, though. I don't see why it would make her happy.

"I'll show her your room." Max said. I nodded in thanks and they left leaving just me and Oliver.

Oliver walked over and sat where my mother just was. I sighed and leaned against him. He was comfortable and he was familiar. I needed something constant right now. Everything kept changing. First, with the prophecy and then with the fights and now this. It was too much sometimes. I wish I was a rogue still, running away from this. I wish I was still able to run away from my problems, but I couldn't anymore. I had to fix this. I didn't want to, but I had to.

Oli was here though. He shoulders were still broad, and his hands remained strong. He was still here. As much as I love Max, I couldn't lean on him the way I needed to right now. Besides this was emotional for him as it was for me almost. It was his past as well that everyone was digging into. Oli stayed the same, so I stayed. I stayed because he was always the same. He was normal. Normal was good.

"I don't suppose you have enough room for two in your room." I said looking up at him.

"There's always enough room for you." He replied. "Come on. You probably need more rest than all of us."

"Who knew this stuff could take so much out of you." I stated as I followed him up the stairs past everyone's rooms. We walked past my room where I could see the light was off. I doubt she was asleep, but she was trying. Muffled voices came from Max and Ronnie's room, so they were still up. We passed other doors that I didn't know what was behind them until we came to the one at the end of the hall where I was going to be staying for the next couple of days.

"Welcome to my humble abode." Oliver said after he unlocked and opened his door. It was the only door that locked. I don't know why. Maybe he kept secrets in here like really secret secrets. That or he liked his privacy.

It was a normal room. It really was. Well, besides the fact that it was a little larger than the other. The walls were light grey except for the wall his bed was pushed against. That one was a darker color. His bed was messy and was once again grey, but he did have red sheets. It was like any other boy's room except not that gross. There were some pictures on his dresser of his family and of his sister and such.

"What do you think?" He asked.

"Very cheerful." I said sarcastically.

He scoffed. "I'm from England. I like grey."

"I'm from the here, but my room isn't decorated with red and white stripes." I replied.

"That's because you never stay anywhere long enough to decorate it." I shrugged. It was true.

"Can I borrow some clothes?" I asked.

"Whatcha need?"

"A t-shirt and some sweats."

He walked over to his dresser and pulled out a random t-shirt and some pajama pants. Then, he proceeded to throw them at me which I caught with ease. What? I have fantastic reflexes. I slipped the clothes on quickly not really caring that Oli was in the room. If he was a gentleman, he wouldn't look. If he wasn't, I've changed around guys long enough not to care.

I slipped under his covers and instantly relaxed. "Was you bed made from the gods?"

"Something like that." He laughed, slipping in next to me after turning off the lights.

It wasn't uncomfortable like some people might think. It was almost normal. It felt like that at least. We were just sleeping side by side, and I had to say I saw it coming after the last fight we had. Well, fight/ make up kind of thing.

"Hey, Oli." I whispered.

He turned towards me. "Yeah?"

"I like you a lot."

He paused. "I like you a lot, too."

"Good." I said before moving closer to him. Yeah, I could get used to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short I know, but hey, it's something.
Team Tyler