What Big Teeth You Have My Dear

20 Questions

*** Max's p.o.v. ***


I groaned. My head felt like I just got run over by a stampede or something. I could tell I was back in my human form and wearing pants. I was leaning on something warm, but when I tried to see what it was I was blinded by light. I groaned again, and the thing I was leaning on laughed. I opened my eyes again tying to blink the light away. I saw Linda sitting in front of me shaking, knowing her from anger, and the tattooed guy from English. I looked to my side and I saw Ronnie.

"How ya' feeling Maxie?" Ronnie asked.

"Like I was run over by a truck. Where are we?" I asked sitting up.

"My place."

"Why are we here?" I asked directing my question at Linda.

"I don't know, but we will be leaving now." She said glaring over at tattoo guy.

"You are free to leave when ever you want. Good luck trying to find your way out of the woods." Tattoo guy said.

"We'll take our chances." Linda said grabbing my hand and pulling me up. We walked to the door.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow." Linda spun around and glared at the guy.

"Stay away from me, and you stay away from my cousin." She said pointing to Ronnie who glared at her.

"Am I missing something?" I asked.

"I don't know ask the werewolves who kidnapped you." Linda scowled walking to the door again. I followed her out the door and into the yard.

"Wait, Linda what do you mean they kidnapped me?" I asked her.

"They're the werewolves we ran into. Ronnie over there knocked you out during the fight and brought you back here, and when I tried to get you Oliver stopped me. He said something like we aren't aloud to move out of town because rogues are outlawed or something." She started walking into the woods, and I looked back at the house. Ronnie was standing there with a pained expression.

"Max, are you coming?!" Linda shouted. I took one last look at Ronnie before running to catch up with her.

It took us two hours following the smell trail back to the apartments. I was sitting in our tiny living room. Linda was next to me.

"It might not be that bad you know. Living near a pack might be helpful. We could learn things about our kind and stuff." I mumbled.

"No it won't. It'll just be a conflict."

"How do you know?"

"I lived with werewolves before. When you're not part of the pack they use you for the scape goat, and attack you to get the rage out."

"This pack might not be like that."

"Of course they'll be like that Max! Don't be so naive. Werewolves are vicious creatures, and they only care about themselves."

"You don't seem like you only care only about yourself." I muttered.

"Someone has to look out for you."

"Why?" I asked.

"Everyone needs someone to worry about them."

"Whose worried about you then?"

"God."

"You don't believe in God."

"Then no one I guess." She muttered walking into her room.

I sighed. She was so, ugh, I don't know what she is! I give up trying to figure it out! I walked into my room and picked up my bass. It was the most expensive thing I owned. Linda got it for me for Christmas a couple years back. I started to play a couple cords I knew just to calm myself down. Tomorrow was going to be a mess.

******Time Lapse******


I was sitting in biology taking notes. Today wasn't as bad as I thought. Linda didn't get into any fights with the werewolves. I saw a couple of them give us some looks in the hall ways. Apparently Oliver and Ronnie had told them who we were, so they were all on alert I guess.

"Hey, Max" Madison whispered ripping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"You're a werewolf right?" My eyes grew to the size of watermelons.

"What? What makes you think that? Why would you ask that?" I scrambled.

"Calm down. My boyfriend told me. Well, he's not really my boyfriend. He's a werewolf too in the local pack. He said that you and your cousin are rogues in the area. Thought I should ask you."

"Wait, what do you mean he's not really your boyfriend?"

"Well, when I first met him he said something like I was his mate or something. Apparently all werewolves had them, and they are like the only person you can ever truly love and some crap like that. Anyways, now I like live with him and all this stuff. So, I heard about you guys last night when my boyfriend cam home with a giant claw mark down his side."

"Yeah that's Linda for you." I muttered. Madison laughed.

"Well, you can tell her there's no hard feelings now that he knows your guys situation."

"What do you mean our 'situation'?"

"Oh you know the whole can't leave your mate thing."

"What?"

"Once you find your mate you can't leave them and stuff. John, my boyfriend, said that your guys' mates is in the pack."

"Wait? I haven't found my mate, neither has Linda." Madison face had a look of shock on it.

"Oh my god. You guys don't know yet."

"Know what? Whose our supposed mate?" I asked. The bell rang then. Madison shot up and walked to the door embarrassed.

"Wait, Madison!" I called after her. I caught up to her and grabbed her arm. "Who is our supposed mate?" I asked again. She visibly panicked.

"Ask him." She said pointing behind me while ripping her arm out of my grasp and walking away. I turned around and saw Ronnie walking towards me. Oh god. Please tell me it wasn't him. Linda might try to kill him.