What Big Teeth You Have My Dear

Only the Touch of a Mate

****Linda's p.o.v.****


I think max thinks I'm mad at him. I'm not. I just honestly had a lot on my mind. Ronnie walking into class and immediately making Max blush didn't help. God he was acting like a school girl. Though that description wasn't far off.

In mythology, we were just working on the project again, and again my group went to the library. I swear the teacher doesn't want to actually teach so she just gives us a project that teaches ourselves. I sent Max off to get the books this time because I needed to discuss things with Ronnie for a minute. We sat in an awkward silence for a minute before I started.

"Look Ronnie, I understand that you like my cousin a lot, and I accept that and you have my blessing to go with it.," I started looking him dead in the eye. "But you get one warning, and one warning only. You dare hurt my cousin in any way, shape, or form, I won't hesitate to cut your skin from your bones and then feed it to the bears, and you know I mean it. Are we clear?" I threatened.

"Don't worry if I hurt him I would let you do it to me." He said trying to hold a smile.

"I'm glad we have an understanding. Oh, and this doesn't mean we are friends at all. You will always just be the guy hitting on my cousin."

"If I get Max, then I don't care what I am to you."

"Good, and this conversation never happened. Got it?" He nodded, and smiled when he saw Max and helped him with the books he was carrying. Max gave me a grateful look. He heard every word, and I knew that. Hell, I wanted him to hear. I didn't need to have this conversation twice.

We spent the entire period studying, and I could tell Ronnie and Max were holding hands or something under the table. Gosh, they only went on one date, and they're acting like they've been going out for years. I guess that was good. They didn't have to go through the whole awkward 'Can I hold their hand?' or 'Is this too much?' faze.

The class ended and I got almost all of my work done. The announcements came on and I packed my bag and put the books away. I waited at the doors for Ronnie and Max to finish their little chat. I could tell someone was initiating another date or something because they were both smiling like little kids who just got candy. Max looked over to me for a minute before looking back at Ronnie and nodding.

Max finally walked over to me, after Ronnie either whispered in his ear or kissed him. I couldn't tell, but the blush on Max's face and the smirk on Ronnie's pointed to the second option. Max and I slowly walked back to the apartment not really wanting to be cooped up in the small space just yet.

"So, Ronnie asked me to dinner again." Max said.

"Did you want me to jump for joy or something because I'm not going to."

"No, you don't have to do that. It's just . . ."

"Was their an end to that sentence?" I asked.

"He asked if you wanted to come along. It would just be dinner with the pack, and not everyone would be there. Just like seven or so of them. I would super appreciate it if you came. "

"Max, I don't kno-"

"No, come on Linda. I know you don't like being around packs since . . . since the last time, but I met some of these guys and they aren't like that. Come on please. It would be nice to have a familiar face there tonight. I'll do anything." Max begged.

"Anything?" I asked. He nodded. Hmm, how could I torture him?

"Fine, I'll go, but you have to go to the real estate meeting by yourself Friday." I said.

"What? Are you serious? That thing will be super boring. I don't even know why we signed up to go to that." He whined.

"We signed up because it got us a deal on our rent, and besides do you want me to go or not?"

"Fine, fine. I'll go by myself." He sighed as we walked upstairs to our apartment. I threw my bag somewhere in the room and flung myself onto the couch.

"What time do we have to be there?" I asked.

"Ronnie is picking us up at 5."

"I think I could fit in an appointment before then." I said. going into my room to grab the laptop sitting on my bed.

"Are you seriously going to do that now? I don't understand why you even do it at all. I mean we could get normal jobs."

"Yeah, but we don't have any experience and we haven't stayed in a city long enough to get one." I said logging into the computer.

I hacked for a living. It wasn't the best way to get money, but I had to pay rent. Max did it sometimes, but he wasn't as good as me. He just sold music to musicians as much as he could to help out. I didn't steal a lot. I would just steal a couple hundred from a bank accountant that I knew wouldn't miss it or notice. It's not like they could track me. I was careful, and I was good at it. I haven't got any trouble before.

Hacking was the way I got the most of the money. Max and I also flipped tricks in big cities, and no, we weren't like prostitutes or anything. We would just pocket pick sometimes and play those stupid games that tourists get trapped up into and lose all their money. We made a killing on the find the card game one time.

My fingers danced across the keyboard making codes fly across the screen. I think Max left. I didn't notice. The numbers and random letters flew across the screen making me type faster. I picked out the perfect bank accounts and took $200 from each. They were stocked piled so 200 wouldn't be missed. When I got enough money for rent and groceries for the month, I stopped. I wasn't going to take more than I needed. I wasn't like that.

Max walked back into the apartment and threw a bag at me.

"Wear that tonight." He said.

"What is it?" I asked peering at the clothes in the bag.

"Just something you deserve. Don't worry about the money. I sold a song the other day, and thought I should surprise you."

"Whatever it's your date. Just don't buy me anything else." I said walking into my room.

I grabbed the clothes out of the bag and ripped the tags off everything. I slipped the new black shirt on. It was form fitting and it had a swoop neckline. I then put the skinny jeans on. I didn't normally wear jeans but these weren't too bad. They were red plaid, and surprisingly nice for all the color. I usually stuck with black clothing. New, black shoes were on my feet now.

I walked out to show Max and he wolf whistled. I flicked him off.

"Why did you get this stuff? It isn't exactly my style."

"Just because it isn't all one boring color doesn't mean it isn't your style. Besides you look good in it." He said.

"Whatever. It's 5 o'clock isn't your boy toy supposed to be here now?" Max blushed.

"Ronnie isn't my boy toy."

"Oh, please. If it were up to him he would just claim you now. Besides your tomato blush tells me otherwise. You guys should just get each other off the market already, you know you want to."

"We only went on one date, Linda. That's a little quick."

"No, Max it isn't. My mom told me she was once proposed to after meeting a guy for ten minutes. Now that's quick. This is just turning out surprisingly well in a short amount of time."

"Well, I'm glad you seemed to turn the check about this whole thing." He said.

We heard a knock at the door and Max answered it. Ronnie said hello to him and kissed him on the check making Max blush. I swear there is something wrong with him. Ronnie waved at me before walking Max and me down to his car. Max sat in front in the passenger seat.

I tried to focus on where we were going, but after a bunch of turns and entering the forest I could tell at all where we were. I mean it took me two hours to find the house in wolf form let alone from the road.

When we arrived, we got out and Ronnie unlocked the front door. I stepped in first, and Ronnie lead Max in with his hand on the small of his back. He probably just wanted an excuse to touch him. If what Oliver told me about the supposed pull is right, it might be hard to keep his hands off Max.

He lead us to the dining room were he introduced me to the people sitting there. Max already met them apparently while Ms.Christ was going things over with me in chemistry. Their names were Greg, Shawn, Christy, Fred, Phillip, Sarah, and Tulip. They seemed like a weird bunch. I sat down next to Oliver at a circle table and Tulip was at his other side. Greg and Shawn were sitting next to Ronnie, they seemed to be a couple of some sort. Max was next to me, making Ronnie on the other side. Christy was next to Tulip, and Phillip and Fred were on her other side. Sarah was off in the kitchen but there was an empty seat near Fred.

"So you're the psychotic wolf. I thought you would look, I don't know, crazier" Tulip said looking at me.

"And I thought you would look more like a flower. Guess we're both wrong" I muttered.

"Don't get me wrong, you look pretty scary in your human form, but you just look fucking terrifying in your wolf form with all those scars and everything. How did you get those? If you don't mind me asking." She continued.

"I fell."

"You fell?" Fred asked.

"Yeah, lots of times. I'm clumsy like that."

"Well from what I saw, those scars were pretty old and deep. You don't seem all that clumsy to me, so you must have fell on a knife or something to get them like that." He said while stuffing food in his mouth. I shut a look to Max. He's the one who brought me here. I will get revenge.

"You caught me. I got cut."

"By what?" Tulip asked.

"A knife."

"Did you do it yourself?" Shawn asked. I looked over at Oliver for help, but he seemed just as curious in the answer.

"No. I didn't cut myself." I said.

"So, who did?" Oliver asked. I didn't expect him to ask me that. Hell, I didn't expect anyone to ask me that ,ever.

"An asshole from the last pack I lived in." I said.

"But wh-" Christy started.

"Come on guys. You just met her let's not attack her with questions. If she doesn't want to answer, she won't." Ronnie said coming to my rescue.

"We're just curious, Rons. Don't get your panties in a twist. Besides, I'm sure you're just as curious." Tulip said. Ronnie shock his head and looked over at Max who whispered something to him.

"So, Linda where are you from? We know Maxie over here is from Vegas." Fred asked. God, why are these guys so curious.

"I'm from Virginia." I said vaguely. Everyone stopped and stared at me. Everyone besides Max.

"Virginia?" Phillip asked.

"Yeah, you know Virginia is for lovers. The state with the first settlement. South of Washington D.C. That Virginia."

"You didn't happen to live with a pack there, did you?" Christy asked.

"Yeah, my dad was in it, so that made me in it. I guess."

"What was your dad's name?" Shawn asked.

"Curtis, Curtis Doyle." I said. Oliver's eyes had a very known emotion to me in it. He quickly got up from the table and ran out the front door with a giant slam. The table got quiet, deathly quiet.

"I'll go see if he's okay." Tulip said excusing herself from the table. I looked around not sure what was going on. Max seemed just as confused.

"You should go talk to him." Shawn said.

"Why? I can't help him. Besides, seems like I'm the problem." I said.

"Well, I can tell you the only thing that will clam him down right now is a mate's touch. That's you sweet heart." He said.

"I'm not his mate." I said.

"Just go, Linda. You've got nothing to lose." Max said. I looked at him for a second before getting up just to satisfy them.

I walked out the front door, and saw Tulip embracing Oliver. A pang of jealousy shot through me, but I quickly got over it walking towards them. The closer I got the more I could tell how much Oliver was shaking. The only thing that seemed to stop him from turning was the girl draped around him. His hands were in fists and he was staring into the forest with what I was sure was his red wolf eyes.

I walked over, and Tulip saw me. She let go of Oliver who started to shake more after she let go. She nodded at me and went back inside.

"You okay?" I whispered. His head snapped to me, and he stared at me with dark red eyes filled with pure fury. I knew that emotion well enough. He could get violent any second so I kept my distance.

"You seem pretty upset." I said a little louder. Silence.

"I didn't mean to upset you. Can you tell me what's wrong?" I asked. Silence.

The only thing that will clam him down right now is a mate's touch. I sighed. I walked closer to Oliver going against my instincts as a wolf and a human. He seemed to step back, but when I got a few steps away from him I reached my hand out. I lightly touched one of his fisted hands. I took my hand back and he growled. I reached out again grabbing his wrist and pulling him closer to me. He reluctantly stepped closer to me, and I hugged him. It was awkward for a second, seeing as I was hugging a shaking werewolf who wasn't hugging back, but after a few seconds he grabbed me and pulled me closer. The shaking subsided after a while.

"Are you okay now?" I whispered. He nodded and buried his head in the crock of my neck. I flinched and he snarled. I calmed down.

I wasn't used to this type of attention. The only touch I ever got was one of violence, not affection. If the situation was different this would be kinda nice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Super duper long. You're welcome.