Prisoners of Love.

Prisoners of Love.

Josh watched from across the room. His eyes locked in o the brown haired girl twirling around to the music, a wide smile on her face. She was nothing short of beautiful. He couldn’t look away from those big brown eyes looking more radiant than ever without the usual dark rimmed glasses covering them. He could feel his heart race with every passing minute, every passing smile.

He wondered if she even noticed him, like how he noticed her the second he walked through the door.

He wondered if she thought of him, much like he thought about her.

He wondered if she still loved him, like he loved her.

There he stood with his arms wrapped around his current girlfriend while staring and wishing he was with his ex-girlfriend.

We never forget our first love.

Josh’s mind was fogged with all the memories of her.

Lex had come into his life at a very young age. They had an explosive relationship filled with excitement. Their love was an adventure and there was never a dull moment between the two. When things ended, they ended suddenly. They grew up, they grew apart. Lex was off to school while Josh was busy with his band.

They tried their hardest to convince themselves that they were just naïve, that the love that they once shared wasn’t real love.

But they always found themselves in the same place. They always found themselves with other people while wishing to be with each other.

“I’m going to get a drink,” he heard her sweet voice sing over the music. “Did you want one, love?”

Josh looked down into her green eyes, but only saw those big brown ones. He shook his head feeling the guilt rushing through his skin. He shook his head with a fake smile on his lips. She leaned up and pressed her lips against his before running off. Josh closed his eyes softly as he rubbed at his temples. He hated this feeling. He hated what she did to him.

“She’s quite lovely,” he heard her raspy voice only causing his eyes to pop open. “That one,” she spoke with a smirk on her lips.

Josh’s blue eyes were burning into her brown ones. He felt his body go weak at the closeness of her.

“Hi, Lex,” he spoke as the girl smile widely at the boy.

“Are we complete strangers Joshua, that you can’t even give an old friend a proper hello.”

Josh could only chuckle at her words before opening his arms wide and bringing the girl into his arms. Lex didn’t waste any time before wrapping her arms around his middle pressing her face into his chest. She let her eyes close enjoying the feeling of his body against hers. She inhaled his familiar scent as the rapid heartbeat played against each other. She didn’t want to let go and either did he. Reluctantly they pulled from one another, as their eyes burning into each other.

“How have you been?”

Lex could only feel her body shake at his words before a smile plastered against her lips. “Pretty well, can't really complain” she spoke. "Been here and there, you know how it is?"

Josh couldn’t concentrate on anything but her lips. He couldn’t hear the words she spoke, he only watched her lips move about as she talked but he heard nothing.

“Wait, where you say you've been?”

Lex just chuckled at his words. “Did you hear nothing, Joshua?”

He always loved when she called him that.

“I got sidetracked.”

She shook her head with a laugh before her eyes traveled to the beautiful girl making her way back to her boyfriend. She inhaled deeply before her eyes traveled to her own boyfriend standing only a couple of feet away.

“I should go.”

Josh didn’t think twice before gripping her upper arm tightly. He didn’t want her to leave, again. “Where you say you're goin'?”

“Josh,” she said softly as Josh closed his eyes softly.

“Who you goin' with?” he asked looking into her brown eyes.

She shook her head pulling her arm from his. “It was great seeing you Josh,” she spoke feeling her heart beating out of her chest.

Josh nodded his head letting her walk away. Soon her body was replaced with his girlfriend’s. He couldn’t look at her; his eyes were focused on the girl walking out of his life once again. He watched her argue with her new bloke before pushing her way past him and out the door. Josh took a deep breath before looking down at his girlfriend, her smiling face staring up at him.

He only saw her, he always just saw her.

“I got to go,” he spoke before placing his lips against her cheek.

She only stared up at him in confusion as he walked passed her. Josh’s feet couldn’t move any faster. He pushed open the door with such force as he wrapped his arms around his chest, feeling the cold air hitting him like a ton of bricks. His eyes narrowed in on the girl across the street. He only felt his heart beating out of his chest before running at full speed.

“Lex!” he yelled at the top of his lungs only seeing her keeping her pace. “Lex!” he yelled once again before reaching her.

He placed his strong hand on her shoulder pulling her around. His blue eyes looking deep into her brown ones, he didn’t think twice before cupping her chin and pressing his lips against hers. The kiss the two shared was more than they ever imagined. They pulled away completely breathless as tears streaked the girls face.

“We can’t keep doing this.”

Josh shook his head with a laugh letting his thumb run across the tears. “I love you, Lex.”

“Josh, you have a girlfriend and-“

“When I looked at her, I thought of only you,” he spoke softly. “I only see you,” he said wrapping his arms around the girl. "I always only see you."

Lex looked up at him feeling her heart racing, much like many times before. She closed her eyes before standing on her toes pressing her lips against his.

“Are we doing this again?”

Josh nodded his head before pressing his lips against hers again. “I love you, Lex.”

“I love you too, Joshua.”

They shared another kiss.

This is all they ever did. They ran away from each other, trying their best to just forget. Trying their best to convince each other that what they shared wasn’t love. But they ended up just running back to the same place. They hoped that this would work the second time around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, this isn't that good.
I've been lacking in the inspiration area. I hope you enjoyed it, especially you Lex (: