Status: Prequel to 'An Ode For Cruelty' <3

The Last Rites for Souls on Fire

Unum

The Prince of Mirkwood and his two most faithful guards had arrived in Rivendell, the realm of Lord Elrond. The guards on watch greeted them happily, seemingly grateful for their arrival. They stepped down from their mounts, allowing the guards to inspect the weapons and belongings of the group. The three Elvish men passed easily and went to continue forward, to meet with Lord Elrond and announce their arrival.
"Deri!" (wait)
The three stopped, the young Prince turning quickly. His eyes fell upon a small figure, cloaked and shrouded in tattered clothes. While their face was not visible, he knew it was a woman.
"Sin adaneth athrado ah le?" (Does this woman travel with you?)
"U," She stood unmoving, her face hidden as the Prince spoke, "He innas si." (No. She will now)
The guards switched to common tongue, "Are you sure, Legolas? She could be a spy."
She spoke for the first time, her small frame shifting slightly, "I am no spy."
Her voice sounded of bells in the breeze and blended gently with the trees around them, "Innas le tegi nin hyn, Elrond hir?" (Will you lead me to him, Lord Elrond?)
Legolas thought, listening intently to the plants around them as they absorbed her words and feelings. No malice or anger could be heard from them.
"If you have weapons, hand them over to my guards. You will accompany us to Lord Elrond."
She bowed low in front of the blonde elf, "Im gwennen le, nin Brannon." (I stand in your debt, my [young] lord.)

She brushed back the sides of her tattered and stained cloak, revealing a multitude of small blades. She removed at least 12 daggers, 6 hunting knives, 2 short swords and a bow and quiver, handing them all obediently to the guard whilst keeping her face covered.
Legolas couldn't help but be stunned by the amount of weapons she carried. And yet she reached behind herself once more, drawing a highly decorated long sword. Though he couldn't see it, he felt her frown as she handed it away.
She spoke softly, care and warning both evident in her voice as she handed away the long sword, "Tirith ha mae, neth min." (Guard it well, young one.)
The still-hooded woman, now void of weaponry, turned to face Legolas, waiting. He soon realized this and began to walk deeper into the Elven City, motioning for her to walk by his side.
"May I ask your name, My Lady? Or how your clothes came to be in such a state?" Legolas spoke in the common tongue.
She smirked, knowing she would annoy him, "I suppose you could, mallen-finnel." (Golden braids)
Legolas could sense her smirk and, hiding his annoyance, spoke through a smirk of his own, "Why are your clothes torn and stained? What is your name, nibin?" (Petty [a name for troublesome elflings])
The woman laughed lightly, "For many years my name has been Faelwen. Though I once had other names, I try not to think of them. As for my clothes, I recently left behind a very painful place."
Faelwen's face turned toward Legolas, peering at him from under her hood, "Does that satisfy you, nin hir?" (my lord [patronizing])
She found his expression easy to read; eyebrows knitted together, pale lips pressed tight; he was either frustrated or worried by her answers.
"It has given me much to think about, Lady Faelwen," He said, tight-lipped.
The two guards traveling with Legolas seemed far more amused with the exchange than the Prince himself, chuckling slightly as they led the way to Lord Elrond's chamber.

They stopped in a large, intricate archway and one of the guards began speaking, bowing as he did so.
"Elrond hir, Laegeldrim ned Caun, Legolasned Mirkwood, tira le." (Lord Elrond, Prince of the Green Elves, Legolas of Mirkwood, sees you)
"And he has a guest," Elrond spoke smoothly, "Who are you, adaneth?" (woman)
Legolas watched as gloved hands moved to finally remove the hood. Pale skin greeted his eyes, paler than any he'd ever seen. Her lips were full and pale rose-pink, her eyes matched them. Her hair shone a brilliant white , a single thin violet braid hung amongst the long, loose strands.
"Do you not remember me at all, Elrond?"
Legolas chanced a glance away from the awe-inspiring Elven woman to see a small smile on the features of Lord Elrond, "Im nauthant dannen na Mordor le. Ab sen annan, cuinar le?" ( I thought you had fallen at Mordor. After all this time, you live?)
"Thand. Im erui; pen brono al. Le Baur u naergon i Mornedhel; noss nin." (True. I'm alone: no one survived. You need not lament the Dark-elves; my family.)
Legolas watched Faelwen with deep concern. Her face was filled with sadness and despair yet also hatred and rage. She was a part of the clan of elves who had fallen into the power of dark magic. Somehow she had escaped becoming twisted and cruel from the power; she had escaped becoming an Orc.

"Elrond, my old friend, allow me to join your council. My strength has returned to me. I can fight again to destroy those who have fallen completely."
Legolas and Elrond both noted the pleading in her tone, "Many of the others on the council will not take lightly to a woman being present, Elvish or otherwise," Elrond's thoughtful voice rang deeply.
"I have lived many years and survived many tests and trials barely known to the world today; who would have the right to say I have no knowledge of battle nor of our enemies at Mordor?" Her voice showed her anger.
Elrond sighed heavily, "Legolas, I presume you took her weapons when you found her. Give them back when you leave. I would like you to guide her to Arwen's chamber."
"What of the council, muin mellon?" Faelwen pushed. (Dear friend)
"You may join us. However, do not be surprised by the rash actions of others, coru mellon nin." (My cunning friend)
♠ ♠ ♠
;3