Sequel: Black Keys
Status: Work in Progress

Future's Out of Focus.

Lauren's POV

I sat at the table, scanning down the list of songs that Claire had given me before going to get us some drinks. The songs were all so good, classics as well as new ones that we both loved.

Looking up from the sheet, I saw Claire's head bobbing among the throngs of tall people in the crowd, I couldn't help giggle as someone bumped into her, making her nearly spill over our drinks she had just brought for us.

"People are so rude," she huffed, putting down the drinks on the table before taking her seat.

"At least you didn't spill too much this time," I giggled, taking a sip from my drink.

"What song do you think we should sing?" Claire muttered around her straw.

"I’m not sure, there's so many songs that are good, I don't wanna massacre one," I smiled, before taking a bite from the slice of lemon in my drink.

We drank our drinks quickly before putting our song choice into the karaoke box and ordering another drink each. We waited patiently for our names to be called to go up to sing on the karaoke. We'd finally settled on the DJ for the night deciding on our song, unfortunately he'd chosen a typical karaoke song, Baby One More Time by Britney Spears. It wasn’t exactly the song we'd have chosen for ourselves but we were OK with it as everyone would know the words for it.

“And now we have, Lauren and Claire singing Baby One More Time,” the DJ yelled through the microphone as Claire and I made our way over to the stage, “The girls are from England so give them a big hand!”

“Oh baby, baby
Oh baby, baby
Oh baby, baby”,
we sang together.

“How was I supposed to know
That something wasn't right here
Oh baby baby
I shouldn't have let you go
And now you're out of sight, yeah
Show me, how you want it to be
Tell me baby
'Cause I need to know now what we've got,”
Claire sang, clutching the microphone in one hand and her drink in the other.

“My loneliness is killing me
I must confess, I still believe
When I'm not with you I lose my mind
Give me a sign
Hit me baby one more time,”
We sang together, trying our hardest not to giggle.

“Oh baby, baby
The reason I breathe is you
Boy you got me blinded
Oh baby, baby
There's nothing that I wouldn't do
That's not the way I planned it
Show me, how you want it to be
Tell me baby
'Cause I need to know now what we've got,”
I sang, before Claire joined in to sing the chorus with me again.

“My loneliness is killing me
I must confess, I still believe
When I'm not with you I lose my mind
Give me a sign
Hit me baby one more time”

“Oh baby, baby
Oh baby, baby
Ah, yeah, yeah
Oh baby, baby
How was I supposed to know
Oh pretty baby
I shouldn't have let you go
I must confess, that my loneliness
Is killing me now
Don't you know I still believe
That you will be here
And give me a sign
Hit me baby one more time

My loneliness is killing me
I must confess, I still believe
When I'm not with you I lose my mind
Give me a sign
Hit me baby one more time

I must confess that my loneliness
Is killing me now
Don't you know I still believe
That you will be here
And give me a sign
Hit me baby one more time,”
we sang the final parts of the song together.

We smiled our thanks as some of the people in the crowd clapped for us before handing the microphone's back to the DJ and made our way from the stage and into the crowd of people waiting by the bar.

“I think we deserve another drink now,” I giggled, sitting on the free stool by the bar.

“It's a shame we're not allowed to drink legally though,” Claire said, sitting down next to me when a stool became free.

---___----

We'd been sat down at our table for a while when a man in his 30's came over to us, smiling, he sat down on the free chair opposite Claire and I.

“Hi, my names Simon,” He greeted us.

“Hi,” I said politely.

“You girls were amazing up there, you even made a karaoke song sound good,” He smiled again.

“Thanks,” Claire said while I sipped my drink quietly.

“That’s OK, your probably wondering why I'm talking to you, aren’t you?” Simon chuckled.

“Well kind of yeah,” I admitted.

“I work for Hollywood Records, the same label that Jesse McCartney is signed too,” Simon explained to us.

“Oh right, I’ve heard of you,” Claire shouted over the now loud music.

“Good, this will make this a little easier,” Simon said, getting a card out of his wallet, “I’m out here tonight scouting for new talent for our label and you girls are what we're looking for.”

“But, that was only for fun, we can hardly sing either,” I said, a frown creasing my brown instantly.

“Yeah, we do karaoke and mess around with our instruments for something to do on a weekend, nothing else,” Claire muttered.

“Well, I think things are just about to change for you girls then,” Simon smiled, sliding his card across the table to us.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I said i'd starting writing again and here it is!
I've put that it's a sequal to WESOL but it's a prequal to Black Keys!
It's strange writing again, but I'm enjoying it so far! This is only a short story so there'll be like 6 chapters at the most!

Comment, subscribe, etc.
Thank you,
Lauren xx