Sequel: Drunk
Status: one shots :P

Just for Tonight

ONE

A night out with the lads was exactly what I needed. Work had been hectic all week and I wanted nothing more than to numb my senses with copious amounts of alcohol.

We were in a club in London somewhere and I was currently positioned between matty and oli. I scanned the crowd to see who was out there, when matty nudged my shoulder.

“What ‘bout her mate?” and he pointed to a girl standing by the bar with long peroxide blonde locks and the biggest chest I have ever seen.

This was how these nights usually went. The boys would point out a girl, and I would work the old Sykes magic on her. But just the look of this one sacred me so I shook my head.

“Ok, um, ‘bout her?” oli said and pointed to an anorexic looking type thing with long black hair standing in the corner with her eyes on the ground.

“Nah, you’re alright mate” I sighed and took another swig of whatever it was that matty had got me. Clearly tonight was going to be a massive fail.

That was until I glanced up and saw a girl sitting alone at the far corner of the bar. He head was resting in one of her hands, and although I couldn’t see her face clearly, she looked like she wanted to be anywhere else but here.

My face must have given it away cause matty started laughing and nudging me. “Yes mate, go make me proud” he smiled. I shook my head and laughed, before I downed the rest of my drink and made my way over to the girl.

To say I was experienced in how to go about this would be an understatement. The trick was to not just go right up to her, because no doubt that would scare her off. So I stood near her, and made it look like I was gonna order a drink.

I quickly glanced at her, and she must have felt me looking because she looked up at me. I gave her a quick smile, to which she returned and then she quickly looked away. She was extremely pretty to say the least, and when her green eyes locked into mine, I felt my heart give a squeeze.

For some reason, I was kinda nervous. I had done this millions of times before with girls who were just as gorgeous as she was, so why did I feel like there was a rock in my stomach?

“What can I get ya?” the barman said and I ordered the first thing that came into my head. He nodded and then walked off.

My eyes wandered back to the girl, and she was tracing a pattern on the bar. I would have usually said something to any other girl by now, but I was holding back in fear that my voice would shake. I looked back over at oli and matty who were giving me questioning looks so I just decided to get on with the task in hand.

“You ‘ere alone love?” I asked and thankfully my voice didn’t wobble

She looked up at me and then back down before shaking her head. A shy one I see.

“So why are ya on ya own then?”

“I came with my best friend, but she’s off talking to her ex. Im just waiting.” She smiled at me and then looked back down.

Her voice was like music to my ears, and I swear my knees nearly buckled from the sound of it. I had no idea why she was having this effect on me; no one had ever done this to me before.

“how long’ she been gone?”

“About an hour and a half” she said looking at her watch and then up at me. I raised my eyebrows t her and she went back to tracing patterns on the bar.

“Can I get you a drink or something?”

I sort of knew in the back of my head that she would decline, and when she looked up, I could see it in her eyes, but then she glanced over my shoulder and clearly saw something that annoyed her. She looked back to me and smiled. “Yeah, thanks”

By this time the bar man came back and handed over my drink, I quickly ordered one for the girl and the man went off again.

“Im tom, by the way” I smiled and held out my hand.

She giggled lightly and placed her hand in mine. “Lucy”

“Well Lucy, it’s a pleasure to meet ya”

“You too” she smiled, and then the man came back with her drink. I took the seat nearest to her, and she kept glancing over my shoulder with an angry look on her face.

“Is everythin’ alright love?”

“No” she sighed “that’s my best friend and her ‘ex’ over there” and she pointed behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see a very tall guy sucking the face off a much shorter girl. It was a very odd sight to see. “He’s fucked her over more times than I can count, and she always goes back to him”

“Maybe she loves him?”

“Ha, yeah, and I’m the queen of France”

“Well it’s a pleasure to meet you your majesty” I smile and bowed my head. She giggled and pushed me lightly on the arm.

“Stop, im trying to be serious. Because you know what happens? Im left to pick up the pieces every time he breaks her heart. And it sucks”

“Well, why don’t you just tell her your not gonna do it anymore?”

“Cause she’s my best friend, you don’t say things like that, even if you want to”

I laughed lightly and we carried on drinking. One drink turned to 3 and 3 turned to 5, and with every drink, Lucy seemed to come out of her shell more. I was feeling a little loser than before, but Lucy looked as if she was about to fall over.

“You know” she slurred “I never usually drink”

“I think I can tell” I smiled and she laid her head on the bar.

“Tom, we’re leaving” oli shouted from behind me and I looked around to she him and matty waiting for me. This was the point where I usually said goodbye to whatever girl it was, and promised to call but never did. But I wasn’t ready to leave Lucy just yet.

“Um, I’ll catch you guys up” I shouted and they looked at me like I’d gone mental before plodding off. I turned back to Lucy whose eyes were now shut. “I fink its time to get you ‘ome love” I said and she smiled.

“Well, the thing is tomtom” she said sitting up “I don’t live round here. Me and my friend were gonna get the train home, but im thinking she’s fucked off without me”

An idea shot through my head, and I couldn’t help blurting it out, even thought I regretted it after. “Well im booked in to a hotel just down the road, why don’t you stay with me for the night? Then you can get a train back tomorrow. ” I looked at her with hopeful eyes, and she just stared right back.

“I could just get the train home now”

“If ya fink im letting you get on a train in that condition, on ya own, you’ve got another thing coming. Ya staying with me.”

“But I-“

“Just for tonight. Then you can go home tomorrow okay?”

I don’t know why I was feeling so protective. I’d left girls in much worse sates than her before, but I just couldn’t let her go. Thankfully she nodded and we stumbled out of the club hand in hand. I didn’t drop it once we were outside and she didn’t seem to mind

“Tomtom” she called and I looked down at her. “Carry me?” I raised my eyebrows at her and she pointed to her shoes. “They’re too hard to walk in” she pouted and I wanted nothing more than to just attach my lips to hers. I shook of the feeling and allowed her to clamber onto my back.

This was the closet we had been all night and I could feel my heart begin to beat faster. All I could concentrate on was the fact that her arms were around my neck and her legs around my waist.

“You know, I never usually let boys carry me back to their hotel rooms, you should feel proud to be my first.”

I smiled and then, reluctantly dropped her to her feet. “Now it’s kinda posh in ‘ere, so ya gonna have to walk alright?” she nodded and I took her hand before leading her through the big glass doors. We made it through the lobby as quietly as we could and then into the lift. Once inside she rested her head on my shoulder.

“Is my Lucy tired?” I questioned and she nodded. The lift soon stopped and we made out way down the hall and into my room. Oli and matt and I flipped a coin to see who would get the single room. Thankfully I won and they were sharing next door.

Inside the room was a big double bed, and an en-suit. You know the usual things you would find in a hotel. I stood looking at Lucy who was just looking around, when she just flopped onto the bed.

“So what side are you taking?” she questioned.

“What do ya mean?”

“Of the bed? What side?”

“Oh, well I was gonna let you have the bed, and then I’d sleep on the floor”

“Im not kicking you out of your own bed” she smiled, and then sat up to take her shoes off.

“You um, you want something else to wear?” I questioned.

“If that’s possible” she smiled and I routed through my bag. I pulled out an old white v-neck and a pair of basketball shorts. Im sure both would drown her but it was all I had.

I handed them over and she smiled before waddling into the bathroom. I sat on the edge of my bed and run my fingers through my hair. I had never been in this position before. Just the thought of Lucy’s sleeping form lying next to me sent my heart into overdrive. I was soon knocked out of my thoughts when the bathroom door opened and Lucy’s head popped out.

“Tom, I kinda need some help” she smiled and I walked over to her cautiously. She went further inside the bathroom and then turned away from me. “I can’t reach the zip. Can you do it for me?”

I gulped and stepped forward placing on hand on he side and the other on the zip. I pulled it all the way down to the bottom, revealing the tattoo that decorated her back. I wanted to let my finger trace over the pattern, but she leaned back so my chest was pressed against her back. Her head rolled to the side leaving her neck fully exposed. Without thinking about it, I wrapped my arms around her waist and placed a kiss on the spot where her neck met her shoulders.

Panic suddenly shot through me, wondering if I had taking things to far, but Lucy rested her arms on top of mine and she let out a breath that confirmed she liked whatever I was doing. I continued to leave a tail of kisses up her neck and I felt her breathing become ragged. Before I got carried away with myself I kissed her jaw and started to release her.

“I’ll let ya get changed love” I sighed, but she pulled me back. We were now chest to chest; and her gaze went from my eyes, down to my lips and back up again.

Ive never wanted anyone or anything so badly, so I leaned my head down and attached my lips to hers. He hands automatically went into my hair, and I pulled her closer into me. I could taste the alcohol on her breath and I wanted nothing more than to stay with her like this forever. Too soon she pulled back and smiled shyly at me. I pecked her lips once more and left her to get changed.

Once back outside I striped down to my boxers and pulled on an old tee. Lucy came out of the bathroom then in my stuff, and I wanted to do nothing more than rip it off of her.

She placed her neatly folded pile of clothes near the bed and got in on the far side. I quickly went into the bathroom and cleaned my teeth, before shutting off the light and walking back into the room.

Lucy was facing away from me and I laid next to her on my back, looking at the ceiling, my thoughts running away with me. Next thing I knew Lucy leaned over me and grabbed my arm, before pulling me with her so that my chest was pressed against her back once more.

“Im cold” she whispered and I held her tightly to me. “Night tomtom”

“Night Lucy” I sighed and left a kiss on her shoulder.

The next morning I woke up alone. I still smelt her on the pillow and my heart gave a squeeze. I looked around for any signs of where she was and I found a note on the table by the side of me with my name on the top. I opened it and read Lucy’s messy scrawl.

Dear tomtom.

Thank you for last night, I’ll have to think of a way to repay you, I’m sure you can think of many ways.

Stay in touch?

Lucy x


At the bottom of the note was a phone number. I smiled to myself and laid back down, the note resting on my chest.

Is it possible to feel this way about someone you’ve only just met?
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit

this is my first ever one shot so be nice.

i would also like to point out the fact i can't do write accents so save my life. i tried but it's the the best.

i dont really know where this came from, its really rubbish but i just wanted a change from what im currently writing.

i would love to know what you guys think so leave me lots of comments.

love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu xxx