Status: banner and layout by heatherlight

Unpolished

First Day

Why? Why do I always manage to screw up everything when it's perfect? No matter what I do I fuck it up, and it messes up my life more and more and making things a lot harder for me...

***
"I don't want to see you again!" You heartless person, get out of my life!" I yelled at his face.

"Good, cause I never want to see you either, you are SO insecure about everything! It's your fault that this," He motioned between us, "Is over! I'm done with you!" He said with a shaky voice and with tears running down both our faces. He furiously wiped them away, but I let mine just keep going.

"Get out and don't come back." I said with no feeling, he listened and walked out of my house. And my life.

And that was the end between Michael Way and I.

***

I was walking down the hallway of my new school; Belleville High. I was actually kinda happy about starting here, it meant a fresh start for me which I needed. I just didn't want to start at a new school, because I mean really, who wants to be a newbie at a school? Certainly not me. And plus a move from Tennessee to New Jersey is a big change, but who cares? I'm starting over!

I was lost in thought until I bumped into someone. "Oh...sorry." I mumbled. But they kept walking, and didn't look back. They seemed to be in a hurry, and I kept walking until I got to my class and when I got there the bell rang. And everyone rushed to their classes.

I looked at my schedule to see which class I had first and unfortunately it was History, which was my least favorite subject. I don't know why either, but I just couldn't find interest in that class or focus on it. But when I walked into the classroom I was surprised, it didn't look like a history room.

It had a huge Bob Dylan poster behind the teacher's desk, which was covered in tons of papers. There were a couple book cases, one had a class set of history books. While the others were filled with books that didn't relate to history at all, more like novels. And there was one world map and a globe. And desks that were lined up in rows.

And of course with my luck, there were only two seats open; one was in front of this guy who was surrounded by people and socializing, so I guessed that he was a jock or just really popular. And the other one was the last desk in the corner, next to a guy with straight, dark brown hair and glasses and was really tiny. Not height wise, but weight wise he looked like he weighed 10 pounds. And he was talking to a guy with a mini afro growing. So I decided to sit back there, I got there and the two guys stopped talking and looked over at me for a second and then continued their conversation.

I sat down and got out a pencil and a notebook and started doodling until the teacher walked in. He stood at his desk and took roll, I wasn't paying much attention until he called my name. I looked up, and raised my hand to show that I was here.

"Oh, class. I almost forgot. This is our new student; Anna. She moved here from Tennessee and I hope you guys make her feel right at home." He said and then continued on.

Okay, first of all; we aren't in kindergarten. Two; I hate it when teachers do that to me. Because I don't like it when everyone's attention is on me, cause then my ears turn bright red and I feel like everyone is watching me. It's even worse when we have to talk in front of people because then I stutter and get really nervous and I feel the need to pass out.

But it wasn't that bad, even though their attention on me lasted a minute or two. Then Mr. Pollard, I'm guessing, was continuing from yesterday's lesson. Which he filled me up on, even though I wasn't paying attention and finally the bell rang. I got my things and walked to science. I got lost on the way and had to ask someone for help and they got me there, I thanked them and walked in.

The room looked exactly like a science room. And everyone was paired up in two except for one person and he was the one with the mini afro. So the teacher paired us up and we started our lab.

"I'm Ray, by the way." He said with a smile on his face.

"Ha, that rhymes. Sorry, I have the mind of a 5 year old," He snickered, "I'm Anna."

"I know, you were just in my class."

"Yeah, I noticed you by our hair." I giggled a bit.

"And damn proud of it" He joked, we continued to talk and do the lab. And before we knew it the bell rang. Ray wanted to see my schedule, "Hey you have math with me, looks like you're stuck with me again." He teased.

"Good, cause I'm gonna need someone to show me 'round here."

"Awesome accent by the way."

"Oh, thanks. Usually I get made fun of for havin' one." It was true, my Tennessee accent got me picked on a lot whenever we moved, because most people where we lived didn't have one, so I stood out. But then my dad had the choice to move back to Tennessee and he took it and I'm so glad he did because I couldn't take teasing anymore and I was a teenager.

We walked to the math room and Ray introduced me to one of his friends when we got there, "Anna, this is Frank. But we call him Frankie. Frankie, this is Anna."

Frank was shorter than me, which meant; he was really short. He had a lip ring, his hair was almost touching his shoulders and it was dark brown, and he had hazel eyes. He was also wearing a white shirt and when he turned to go sit down I saw something on it.

Or should I say, beneath it.

"Hey Frankie, you have a tattoo?"

"Uh, oh yeah. It's a Jack-o-Lantern. I got it when I turned 18. You like it?"

"Freakin' amazing!"

"You have any?"

"Oh no. My parents, or dad I should say wouldn't let me get one in the first place. And also... I hate needles, bad experience..."

To make a long story short, never pay those people at malls to pierce your ears.

"Ha, you get used to them after awhile" He grinned.

"Still not gonna get one," I replied.

The teacher finally walked in, and explained to me what they were learning, and I knew all of it already. Math was one of the few subjects I actually liked and knew what was going on for once.

I felt a note hit the back of my neck, I turned around and saw that Ray had a grin on his face, "Open it", he mouthed.

'You should eat lunch with me. You'll meet the gang :D'

I responded back and pretended to stretch to give it back.

'Fine by me'
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Alright so this is a story that I've been meaning to update for a while but haven't.. :P

I know it's kinda choppy in some places but I'm new at writing and my thoughts don't always sound the same written out than they do in my head, but that's just me.
Anyways... hope you liked it and more will be up later
Comment (: