(Not So) Planned Parenthood

Four

“Let’s go for a walk.” I said.

“Why?” Jordan said. “I just got home.” I glared at him.

“Do you not understand how much I want this child out. He’s kicking my bladder, my ribs, when he kicks out, you can see the outline of his foot or hand.” I said. He shook his head and took my hand.

“Let’s go look for nursery stuff then.” He said. I nodded and we left, grabbing my keys. Everyone was staring at me, a short person with a huge baby belly. Jordan leaned down to whisper in my ear.

“You’re going to regret this in the morning.” He said.

“Jordan” I said, looking up at him.

“Yes?” he said.

“Shut the fuck up” I said.

“I’m just saying. What are you going to do if this doesn’t work?” he said.

“There’s plenty of ways to naturally induce labor.” I said.

“Like?” he said.

“Sex, walking, castor oil, acupuncture, massage” I said.

“I’m not going ask why you know that” he said. A couple hours later, we were sitting in our apartment eating dinner. When I stopped mid bite, Jordan stared at me.

“What?” he said.

“Either I just lost all dignity and pissed myself, or my water just broke” I said.

“Are you kidding me?” he said. I bite my lip and shook my head.

“What’s wrong babe?” he said.

“I don’t think I’m ready for this.” I said. He chuckled, helping me up and grabbing my bag.

“You were just complaining how much you wanted him out.” He said.

“I know Jordan. I just keep thinking back to when we were 15.” I said. He stopped, knowing that we’d both put that memory in the back of our minds. I’d gotten pregnant at 15, after the second time we’d had sex. I’d gone into labor at 33 and half weeks, and our daughter was born via emergency c-section two hours later. We’d named her Scarlett Breanne. She was a week old when she couldn’t fight anymore. Being a teen parent is hard, but losing you baby and not getting to bring her home is harder. Having to bury your baby is horrible, and I remember Jordan telling me that if we could get through that and be fine, we could get through anything. Jordan continued to stare at me for the longest time before he opened his mouth.

“Listen to me okay. I know your scared that what happened to Scarlett is going to happen to Kennedy. But there’s a reason He took her from us like that. There’s a reason we didn’t get to bring her home. There’s a reason we’re having Kennedy right now. Do you realize that today, Scarlett would have been five years old. That’s all I could think about last night is how next month my little girl would have been starting Kindergarten. He’s giving us another chance, Tori. Because we’re ready.” He said.

“I’m scared” I whispered.

“So am I” he said. “Now let’s go have a baby.” He took my hand and led me to his car before starting the ten minute drive to the hospital. Once we were there, and I was in a room, Jordan pulled out his phone.

thereadyset: Spending my first night home from tour in the hospital waiting for my son to arrive.

thereadyset: I’d also like to say, Happy 5th Birthday to my little angel, Scarlett Breanne Witzigreuter. It still hurts to think we didn’t even get to bring you home.

thereadyset: Guys, remember. Being a teen parent is hard, but having to bury your week old baby is even harder. My daughter would have been starting Kindergarten next month. Tresure your time with your kids now.


“How are you feeling, Mrs. Witzigreuter?” a nurse came in as Jordan tucked his phone in his pocket.

“Like I’m in pain and having a baby?” I said. Jordan snorted, holding in a laugh. I glared at him.

“We can give you pain medicine if you want,” she said. I shook my head.

“She had a bad reaction to the pain medicine with our first child.” Jordan explained.

“This is your second child?” she said.

“Second pregnancy, first child we’ll get to bring home” Jordan answered. “We were 15 when we had our first child. She would have been 5 today. She was born at 33 weeks and passed away a week later.”

“I’m sorry. Being a teen parent is hard, but losing your baby is harder” she said.

Jordan smiled softly at me before deciding to text our families that Kennedy was on his way and then got back on twitter.

thereadyset: thankful for the nurses and doctors at this hospital, understanding the situation and why my wife doesn’t want pain medicine.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so so so so so sorry that this took forever to upload. My computer crashed and I lost this then I remembered I sent to my friend in Uruguay on facebook! So now here's your update. I'm sorry again.

next chapter should be up soon.