Status: Will be updated on a weekly basis - unless you're very good then maybe more.

Was It a Dream?

Chapter 12

They went out, using the back door and ended up in the back alley again. The men put their sunglasses on and pulled their hoods over their heads. It was still early and although it wasn’t that busy yet, quite a few people were walking around.

Alena found the whole situation surreal. If anybody had told her that she would be walking with the members of 30 Seconds to Mars and going to their hotel suite with them, she’d have laughed. Her life was definitely more interesting lately. Tomo and Shannon were already like to elder brothers to her. Her feelings towards Jared were way more complicated though.

She really liked him, maybe more than just liked him. Don’t get your hopes up Alena. He’s dated movie stars and he definitely won’t be interested in a mere book shop assistant. She warned herself, but part of her hoped that that wasn’t true.

They reached the hotel and went up to their suite. It was one of those with three rooms, a small kitchen and an entertainment / lounge.

“This looks cozy.” She remarked as she walked to the lounge area.

Shannon laughed. “It’s all right but I prefer my own house but it’s way better that sleeping in the tour bus.”

“Yeah, especially as Shannon snores hectically, at least here you can close your door, on the bus curtains just don’t cut out the snoring thunder that is Shannon!” Tomo said.

He immediately tried to get away from Shannon, but it was too late. He tackled him to the floor. “I don’t snore! You’re the one who talks in his sleep.”

Alena laughed. They were like two overgrown children.

“You promised me popcorn and hot chocolate.” She said pretending to be upset and pouting a little.

The two men stopped wrestling and Shannon looked at her.

“That is Jared’s department; we’ll get the movies sorted.”

“Hey stop standing around and trying to look pretty Jared, go get the lady her refreshments!” He told his brother.

Jared laughed off his remark. “You’re just jealous of me; Alena, let’s go make the popcorn and hot chocolate. Please remember never to let

Shannon anywhere near the kitchen, he’s a disaster and can burn water if he put his mind to it.

Shannon lobbed a pillow at Jared, but he just side stepped and laughed. He took Alena’s hand and led her to the kitchen area.

Alena loved the feel of Jared’s hand in hers. It sent chills up and down her spine. She followed him into the kitchen. He let go of her hand and started to get out everything for the refreshments.

“Do you also like popcorn and hot chocolate?” She asked eager to find out more about him.

He smiled at her “I love it, their two of my favorite things.”

“Is Shannon really useless in the kitchen, or were you only joking?”

“No, I wasn’t joking. He’s a disaster in the kitchen.” He said. “Once while we were on tour he nearly set the bus on fire.”

They both laughed. “Do you need any help?” She asked. He gave her one of his beautiful smiles.

“No, you just stand there and keep me company; it’s always nice to be in the company of a gorgeous girl”

“Are you and Shannon holding a competition to see who can make me blush the most?” She asked as she turned crimson.

Jared only laughed. “I was only telling you the truth.” His remark only managed to make her blush even more.

“Please stop.” She asked, but he only laughed at her reaction.

“What are you doing in town? Are you here for a concert?” She asked trying to change the subject.

“We’re actually working on our next album.” He replied. “We needed to meet with our label to discuss some finer points with them.”

“That’s great, when will you release the album?” She asked.

“It’s still in the planning stages, we’re still working on new songs, but we want to release within the next six to nine months.”

The popcorn and hot chocolate was ready.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey all, here is the second update.