Status: Will be updated on a weekly basis - unless you're very good then maybe more.

Was It a Dream?

Chapter 14

Alena wasn’t joking when she said she scared easily. She jumped in fright throughout the movie. She ended up being held by Jared and hiding her face against him at the gross and scary parts. Jared didn’t mind in the least, he loved every moment of it. Alena was very relieved when the movie ended. She looked up and saw Shannon and Tomo looking at her with wide smiles.

“Were you watching me or the movie?” She asked suspiciously.

“You were definitely more entertaining.” Shannon said.

“Oh definitely!” Tomo agreed.

“You two are impossible.” She said in an exasperated voice.

This only caused them to laugh harder.

“Next time I’ll pick the movie.” She said. “I’m hungry, what are we going to eat?”

Jared smiled at her antics. He’d loved every moment of the movie, not that he’d been paying any attention to the movie. He’d only been too happy to hold her when she got frightened. She’d pressed herself against him for comfort and it had been an exquisite torture. He’d glanced at Shannon and saw that he was grinning slyly at him. His brother could be so obvious at times, but for once he wasn’t complaining.

He was sorry when the movie ended. He already missed the feeling of her next to him. He was glad that she was getting along with Tomo and his brother. She was even kidding around with them. He could sense that they liked her too.

“I’m hungry, what are we going to eat?” Alena asked. He didn’t feel like going out, he definitely didn’t want to take the chance of being spotted by the paparazzi.

“We can order something, what would you like?” He asked her. She smiled at him and he felt his heart rate increase. When she smiled her whole face lit up and her eyes shone. He felt a little dazed, Shannon must have noticed because he laughed slyly.

“Alena, I think you should stop smiling at Jared that way.” He warned.

“Why?” She asked totally confused.

Shannon put on a mock serious face. “Well judging by the dazed expression on my brothers’ face, your smile is causing serious damage to his mental function.”

“Shannon, you’re such an idiot!” Jared yelled, which caused Shannon to laugh even more. Jared lunged at Shannon causing both of them to fall; this didn’t stop them as they continued to wrestle.

Alena was a bit taken aback as this was the first time she’d seen Jared act this way.

“Is this normal?” She asked Tomo.

“Oh, yeah.” He replied. “Shannon is a bit hyper and he just loves to tease and prank everyone, especially Jared. “You should see them when we’re on tour, their even worse.”

“Oh.” She said looking at the two brothers who were still wrestling like two little boys.

“This could go on for a while, how do you feel about getting Chinese?” He asked her.

“I love Chinese, but shouldn’t we tell them that we’re going?”

“I don’t think they’ll hear you.”

“Well then Martian Tomo put on your human disguise and let’s go get some food!”

They left the hotel talking about all sorts of things. Tomo got very excited when he talked about their music and playing guitar. She could tell that he loved what he was doing. The restaurant was ten minutes walk away, but they weren’t in a hurry so they took their time. Alena ordered the food as Tomo didn’t want to be recognized.

She was enjoying Tomo’s company; it felt like she’d known him all her life. The food was ready and Tomo insisted that he carry the bags, he was such a gentleman. They took their time walking back to the hotel.
When they got into the lift Tomo looked at her with a serious expression on his face.

“I’m very happy that we met you Alena, I feel like I’ve known you forever. I really care for you; you’re a very special girl.”

Alena was overcome with emotion at his words. The lift had stopped and they walked over to the suite door. Before they entered the suite Alena spoke up.

“Thank you for making me a part of your family Tomo.” Tears were glistening in her eyes. “I’ve never been this happy or felt that I was so accepted and loved.” She gave him a big hug holding him for a minute, before letting him go.

Tomo noticed Alena’s consternation at the brothers’ behavior. He also noticed how easily she was fitting in. He hoped that she’d end up with Jared; they would be good for one another.

He enjoyed the time they spent talking. She was intelligent and a good listener. He had only known her for a short time, but it didn’t feel like that.

“I’m very happy that we met you Alena, I feel like I’ve known you forever. I really care for you; you’re a very special girl.” He meant every word he said and he could see that she was deeply touched.

He felt a bit puzzled by her reaction; there were definitely some skeletons in her closet. When they reached the suite door she stopped him and looked at him with tears glistening in her eyes.

“Thank you for making me a part of your family Tomo. I’ve never been this happy or felt that I was so accepted and loved.”

Her words only confirmed what he thought. He was very surprised when she hugged him, but he didn’t stop her. Because his hands were filled with the food he couldn’t really hug her back so he just let her hug him.

She held him for a while and then let go of him, wiped the tears from her face and smiled up at him. She was just so small and adorable.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone. So here is an update for you, I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know what you think.

I'm considering writing something new and will keep you updated. It will probably be a short story, but I'm not sure yet. I've been catching up on what my friend BlueDreams have been up to and she has inspired me. Go over to her page and read some of her stories. You won't be disappointed.