Status: Will be updated on a weekly basis - unless you're very good then maybe more.

Was It a Dream?

Chapter 15

Alena dried her eyes and smiled up at Tomo. He gave her a cheeky grin and winked at her.

She opened the door and Tomo insisted that she enter first. He’s such a gentleman. She was still smiling radiantly and didn’t notice Jared walking towards them.

“Where the hell have you two been? Couldn’t you have told us where you were going? Why the hell didn’t you take your phone Tomo?” He said. He wasn’t yelling but he wasn’t far from it.

Alena’s eyes widened when she heard him and when she looked at his face that had an angry frown; she felt her stomach cramp in fear. To her he looked furious. She turned paler with each word he uttered. As he got closer she cringed back involuntarily. Her whole body started to shake with fear. Suddenly she didn’t see Jared anymore, she saw Gregory, her ex, as he had been that day ... the day he nearly killed her.

She felt nauseous and dizzy. She tried to step back, but Tomo had come up behind her.

He couldn’t see her face so he didn’t know that anything was wrong.

“Calm down Jared, I just forgot to take my phone and you were too busy to listen to us, we only went out to get Chinese.”

He saw Jared’s face go from angry to shocked, it was only then that he noticed that something was wrong with Alena.

When the two brothers finally stopped wrestling, Jared noticed that both Tomo and Alena were gone.

“Where did they go?”

Shannon shrugged.

“They probably went to get food. Give them some time; they should be back before long.”

A half an hour passed and still they hadn’t returned. Jared started to worry so he tried calling Tomo. He heard Tomo’s phone ring on the bedside table in his room.

Idiot, why the hell didn’t he take his phone, I’m going to kill him when he gets back.

When he heard the door opening he didn’t wait he rushed over to it. He hadn’t meant to speak as sharply as he did, but he’d been really worried. Still he didn’t expect Alena to react like she did.

He saw her eyes widening in shock, she turned deathly pale and she seemed to shrink back into herself. He could see that her whole body was shaking; she tried stepping away from him and bumped into Tomo who had followed her in.

“Alena!” He cried out in shock. “I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to scare you.” He said in a more gentle tone, but she didn’t seem to hear or recognize him for that matter.

He tried walking towards her, but she only cringed away from him and whimpered pathetically. He looked into her eyes and saw that they were filled with fear, deep primal fear.

“Shannon, quick please come and help!” He yelled in panic, hoping that his brother might be able to calm her down.

Shannon ran towards his brother, he knew something must be terribly wrong because he could hear panic in his voice.

When he reached Jared he took one look at Alena and knew that she didn’t recognize them.

“Alena, calm down, it’s only me Shannon.” He talked to her in a soft and gentle voice, while walking towards her slowly.

For a moment he thought that she wouldn’t recognize him, but slowly recognition began to register in her eyes.

“Shannon!” She cried out in the most gut wrenching voice he’d ever heard.

He closed the distance between them and enveloped her in his arms. He felt her go completely limp. He picked her up and carried her to the couch where he gently laid her down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone. I'm going to be giving you 3 updates today as I won't be able to do so over the weekend. I hope to get some writing done, first on a fun short story and then to continue with this story as I have yet to complete it. I haven't looked at it for more that a year so I hope that I'll be inspired to complete it. So here is update 1/3