Status: Will be updated on a weekly basis - unless you're very good then maybe more.

Was It a Dream?

Chapter 20

Jared was deep in thought as he walked back to the hotel.

He barely knew Alena and already he hated the thought of being away from her.

What the hell is the matter with me? He thought to himself, Shit, I don’t even know her last name. She probably knows more about me than I know about her.

He thought of the previous night, remembering how good she had felt in his arms. He was still lost in thought when he entered the suite. Suddenly he felt someone grab him from behind. He found himself being held in a headlock unable to break free.

“What the ….?” He called out. He heard a familiar laugh “Shan, what are you trying to do, give me a heart attack? Let me go!” He said.

Shannon just laughed. “What have you been up to? I know Alena lives only a few blocks from here and yet you've been away for more than two hours.”

“Get your mind out of the gutter, Shannon. We shared breakfast nothing more.”

“Yeah, but I bet you wanted to do more.” He laughed knowingly. “ You've got it bad.”

Jared started to struggle, trying to get free, but Shannon just laughed and tightened his grip.

“Admit it, bro, you’re falling for her.”

“No … maybe … I don’t know!” He yelled in frustration.

Shannon laughed and let him go. “When are you seeing her again?”

“What’s up with you?” Jared asked, confused. “Why is this so important to you?”

“I like her, she’s a sweet girl and I don’t think you’ll be able to find someone like her again.” He said seriously, which was very unusual for him. “Don’t blow this one.”

“Don’t go all grown-up on me now Shan, you’re scaring me.” Jared said with a lopsided smile

Shannon punched him on his arm .

“I do so love to do that!” He gave an evil laugh, back to his old self.

Jared couldn't help but laugh at his brother.

After Jared left Alena just leaned against the door and slid down it onto the floor.

I can’t believe it. I’m in falling in love and with none other than Jared Leto!

Her heart rate went up just thinking about him. She couldn't remember ever feeling like this, his touch sent electricity shooting through her body and when he looked at her, her legs tended to give out on her. And when he kissed her, she just wanted to grab him and do all kinds of sweet things to him.

He was nothing like Gregory. Even though she's only known him for a short (okay very short time) she knew he'd never hurt her intentionally. He made her feel safe, not only that he was making her feel emotions she'd thought she would never experience again.

Waking up with him that morning had been like waking up in heaven.
She suddenly became aware of a pounding on the door. She got up and opened it.

Tina came rushing in, grabbing her into a hug.

“Where, in heavens name, have you been? “ She said. “I was about to file a missing persons report on you.”

Alena felt bad, she’d switched off her phone and forgotten to turn it back on.

“I’m sorry; I forgot to turn my phone back on after we went out last night.” She tried to explain she felt bad for causing her so much worry.

“Where were you? When your phone went to voice mail I came here, but you weren't here. I went to the shop and found it all closed up.” Tina was so hipped up that she didn't give Alena a chance to explain.

“Are you finished or are you only taking a breath?” She asked.

Tina seemed to deflate and grinned sheepishly. “I guess I should give you a chance to explain, it’s just that I was so worried about you.”

“Let’s go sit down, I’ll get us coffee and tell you everything.”

After she explained about everything that had happened Tina just sat there with her mouth hanging open, it was the first time Alena had ever seen her speechless.

“You kissed Jared Leto, Mr. I’m-so-hot-it-hurts. I’m so jealous of you right now. Alena, I’m so happy for you, you deserve someone like him.”

“He is so fantastic.” Alena replied with a dreamy smile. “I still can’t believe this is happening, I feel like I’m living in a dream.”

“It’s about time your dreams start coming true.” Tina said with a big smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi update 2/3