Status: Will be updated on a weekly basis - unless you're very good then maybe more.

Was It a Dream?

Chapter 30

He was feeling rather smug at the moment.

When the other two had first come up with the kidnapping idea he hadn’t been convinced that it was a good idea, but the prospect of putting one over on Gerard had been too much for him. Everything had gone off smoothly. They’d grabbed Mikey when he went for his usual coffee run. Shannon had convinced or bribed one of the staff members into allowing them to use one of the empty rooms to hide him in.

They had contacted them and demanded their ransom. At the moment Shannon and Tomo were playing poker with Mikey, while they waited for Gerard to phone.

“I’m going to go find Alena.” He told them.

Shannon and Tomo groaned. “How long will you be away this time?”

He just laughed at them and left the room.

He checked the room and then searched for her in the dining room and at the pool, but couldn’t find her. He decided to check the room again, but she still wasn’t there. He walked back to the hostage room with a frown.

“What’s the matter?” Shannon asked when he saw the frown on his face.

“I can’t find her. She should have been back by now.”

“You did tell her to go shopping and you know how women are.” Tomo said.

“Why don’t you just phone her?” Shannon asked.

Stupid! Why didn’t I think about that?

“You see, it’s like I always say, love makes you stupid.” Shannon told Mikey and Tomo.

He quickly dialed Alena’s number and waited as it rang.

A strange voice answered the phone and he felt a tight knot form in the pit of his stomach. Shannon noticed the strange expression on his face and took the phone switching it to speaker.

“Who is this? Where is Alena?” Jared asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

“We’re the ones who have your beautiful girlfriend. It took you rather a long time to notice that she was missing, perhaps you don’t like her as much as we thought you did.”

Tomo, Shannon and Mikey looked on in shock.

He’d gone pale at the first words but then the anger exploded inside him.

“I swear if you hurt her in any way I will find you! Let me speak to her.”

Suddenly he could hear laughter over the phone.

“Gotcha! Man you really fell for that one!”

“Gerard, you motherfucker!” He yelled; which only caused more laughter.

“Such language! Poor Alena, does she know you have such a filthy mouth?” Bob asked.

He almost exploded at that point. Mikey was having trouble controlling his laughter as well.

“I want to talk to her.”

“She’s sleeping right now.” Gerard said. “You know she really looks sweet when she sleeps.”

He frowned. “Gerard, I’m warning you ….”

“Calm down Jared. I don’t mess with other guys girls, besides I don’t stand a chance with her.”

Despite himself he was curious. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Your little angel talks in her sleep, not clearly but every now and then your name pops up. Meet us at the pool in half an hour and you can have her in exchange for Mikey.”

He sighed in defeat. “Okay, fine.”

He looked at the others and smiled wryly.

“Remind me never to try something like this again. He’s just a little too clever. Let’s go Mikey; I need to get my girlfriend back.”

“I thought you liked me.” Mikey said pretending to be sad.

“Sorry, but I much prefer sleeping with Alena you’re cute, but not that cute.”

“I feel so rejected.” Mikey said pretending to be shattered at Jared’s comment.

They made their way to the pool. The others were already waiting for them. He only had eyes for Alena though. She still looked a little sleepy.

“Hi there, did you miss me?” Mikey called cheerfully. “You really got them you should have seen their faces.”

“Please tell us.” Gerard said.

“I thought Jared would have a heart attack. You missed a wonderful opportunity Gee, you could have asked for both his guitars and he would have given them to you without any complaints.”

He just walked to Alena and hugged her to him, relishing the fact that she was there.

“I’m not letting you out of my sight ever again.” He said.

“Oh look isn’t that sweet?” Gerard said.

He took her hand in his. It was decided that they’d have dinner together. All through diner he had to endure endless teasing by the others, but he was just happy to be with Alena. Finally they were able to go to their room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update number 2 of 3. Hope you enjoy