Status: Will be updated on a weekly basis - unless you're very good then maybe more.

Was It a Dream?

Chapter 5 - Beauty takes time

Why the hell is Shannon taking so long?

"Hey bro, can you take any longer?" he shouted at his brother who was still busy getting ready.

"Beauty takes time." He shouted back
.
"Shannon no amount of time will make you beautiful." Jared shouted back.

"Oh, that hurt that’s going to cause deep emotional scars and cost mountains of money to get over. Why are you in such a hurry anyway?"

"No reason, it's just that you're worse than a woman."

"You're one to talk!" Shannon said as he walked into the sitting room. "You usually take hours; you must have set a world record getting ready today."

Jared decided to ignore Shannon's remark.

"Are you finished?"

Shannon laughed at his eagerness. “Yes, where's Tomo?"

"Tomo, are you finished?" Jared called his impatience clearly audible in his voice.

Tomo came out of his room, "Let's go, before Jared explodes."

Finally they were on their way. They soon arrived at the club.

"This place must be good, look at the cue." Tomo said. "Who told you about it?"

"I can't remember." Jared said vaguely. He didn’t want them asking too many questions.

"Well at least we won't have to stay in the cue." Shannon said. "I love being a celebrity!" He had a smug smirk on his face.

Jared and Tomo laughed at his smugness.

They started moving towards the front of the cue, causing a stir among the people standing in line. Word quickly spread as they made their way to the door.

Remarks like. "It's 30 Seconds to Mars."

"Look it's Jared." could be heard. They just ignored it and moved on.

As they approached the front Jared's heart leapt, there she was.

Damn, I'm acting like a teenager with his first crush. He saw the bouncer stop them, and guessed that they were being denied entrance.

"Hey, isn't that the girl from the book shop, what was her name, Alley... Anna?" Shannon asked. Jared couldn't be sure, but Shannon seemed to be just a little too innocent.

"Alena, her name's Alena."

He grinned and walked up to her putting his arm around her waist and said.

"Hey there, sorry we're late, have you been waiting long?"

He saw her turn to him with an angry frown on her face which turned to shock and surprise when she recognized him. He gave her a smile. Her friend replied for her as she seemed too shocked to reply.

"Uhm, no we were just about to go in."

As was always the case they were quickly passed through and the manager came towards them. He'd kept his arm around Alena, guiding her into the club. She's so petite; it feels great just holding her. He thought.

Damn, the love sick puppy strikes again. Get a grip man, you’re a grown up not a teenager.

"I hope you don't mind sharing a table with us?" He asked giving her a dazzling smile.

"No, of course not, you just surprised me." She replied returning his smile.

“Actually by the expression on her face when you put your arm around her, she was ready to deck you.” Tina said giggling.

“I was not!” Alena cried out she was blushing which he felt was just adorable.

“Actually you didn’t look too happy about it.” Shannon joked.

“Well, maybe I was a bit put out.” She replied; her blush deepening.

She looks so cute when she blushes Jared thought.

They all laughed at her discomfort.

“Do you come here often?” Tina asked.

Shannon grinned mischievously. “No, this is our first visit; my dear brother had this sudden urge to go out.”

“A good thing too, otherwise we wouldn’t have gotten in.”

Tomo grinned. “Being a celebrity does have its advantages.”

Jared had been watching Alena and he noticed that she seemed nervous and didn't join in the conversation.

"Would you like to dance?"

“Sure, I’d love to.”

He led her to the dance floor and they started to dance. He watched her dancing; she moved so gracefully he also noticed that she seemed to relax as the dance progressed. By the end of the dance she was out of breath and her cheeks where flushed. She looks amazing. He had to stop himself from staring at her the whole time.

As he led her back to their table, he noticed that her friend Tina seemed to be getting along fine with Tomo and Shannon she was definitely not as shy as Alena
*******************************************************************************************************************
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi there, thanx for reading. Please comment. I would love to hear from you. There will be a double update today.