Status: Will be updated on a weekly basis - unless you're very good then maybe more.

Was It a Dream?

Chapter 9

Jared woke up full of energy. He was planning on going to see Alena. Shannon was already up and having a cup of coffee.

“Good morning.” Shannon greeted.

“Good morning. Where’s Tomo?” Jared asked.

“I don’t know, he wasn’t here when I woke up. He probably just went out for his usual Starbucks coffee.” Shannon said with a shrug.

Jared poured himself some orange juice and made himself some toast while whistling to himself.

“You seem very happy today, any special reason?” Shannon asked with a grin.

“Do I have to have a reason to be happy?” He asked.

“Well given your bad mood of the last few months something has to be up.” Shannon replied. “So what could have changed, do you want me to hazard a guess?”

“Just drop it Shannon.” He said with a sigh. “Let me have my little moment.”

He finished his orange juice and ate a slice of toast. Tomo still hadn’t shown up and he was getting a little worried. There were a lot of crazy fans out there, some of them not above kidnapping and keeping him tied up in their basement, ok that was a little exaggeration. He decided to phone him and make sure that he was all right.

“Tomo?” He asked.

“Hello Jared." Tomo answered. He could hear the smug tone in his voice.

"Where are you?"

"Oh, I'm just getting some coffee." Something in his tone made Jared suspicious.

"How much coffee have you had?"

"You know I can never have enough coffee, and when it's served by a pretty girl it's just so much better." Tomo had a very smug tone to his voice; it made him even more suspicious.

"Who’s the pretty girl and where exactly are you?"

"I'm not telling you'll just get jealous."

"What does this marvelous girl look like?" Jared asked, but he was almost sure what the reply would be.

"Well, she's got nice grey eyes, and beautiful auburn hair.” Jared heard Tomo laugh.

"Alena! You're at the bookstore aren't you? What are you doing there? Never mind I’ll see you in a few minutes."

He dashed into his room grabbing his keys and rushed out of the suite. Tomo better not try anything, he wanted Alena for himself.

“Hey where are you off to in such a rush? Or need I ask.” He heard Shannon yell after him, but he ignored him and just kept going.

He rushed to the bookshop as fast as he could without attracting too much attention.

Tomo and Alena were sitting in the back of the shop, they were laughing at something. He walked up to them and Alena smiled up at him> He once again felt the fluttering feeling in his stomach at her smile. She had such a beautiful smile, it was a true smile that was reflected in her eyes.
.
“Hello Jared.” She said shyly. “Would you like some coffee?”

He smiled at her. “That would be very welcome thank you.”

As soon as she turned away from him he gave Tomo a death glare. Tomo just gave him a cheeky grin.

***********************************************

Tomo had been right. Jared had been there within minutes. He looked so good. His hair was slightly damp; he probably showered before he came here. He gave her one of his gut wrenchingly amazing grins and she felt her knees go slightly weak.

She handed him his coffee and took a seat opposite him.

“How long has Tomo been bothering you?”

“Oh, not long and he wasn’t bothering me, it’s always nice to have some company. We met at Starbucks and he walked me here.” She giggled. “He made me show him the other secret rooms.”

“Yes, Tomo can be such a kid sometimes.”

She laughed. “I noticed that.”

“At least I’m a lovable kid.” Tomo said with a cheeky grin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait - was sick for a while and busy with life and work. Hope you enjoy this. I'll give you two updates. Enjoy