Tides

A Place To Call Home

"What do you mean I left you?" I had no idea what to feel. I was confused. How could I leave them? Why would I leave them?
My dad looked down at me with cautious eyes. I heard one of the people behind me thinking that he felt he'd said somethin he shouldn't. "You left us Jackson. We couldn't stop you, you were to strong." They have completely lost me. I have no idea what they are talkin about.
"Wha... What? I was a baby!"
"That you were. A very powerful baby."
"Ummm....How did I end up with Aunt Melon?"
He chuckled at that term."You tell us." At this point I wanted to run away. I could hear the confusion of everyone behind me. 'Don't run Jackson. This is your family.' Annalie thought to me. She and Hayden know I don't like to be put on the spot and look stupid. And I deffaintly looked like an idiot right now.
I didn't run. I wanted to know what was going on.
"Will you just exsplain?" I looked at my dad. His eyes that cloned mine, sparkled in the moonlight.
"Yeah, okay. But lets go home first." He smiled at me and I felt a warm feeling inside me at the word 'home'. Hime, I've never had a home before.
He saw my genuin smile and patted my back. My mother took my hand and I took Yvette's and we walked.. Ran behind my dad.