Tides

Sealed for life

We knock on the door... Again. Hayden's grandpa opens the door looks at Hayden first then Annalie. When his eyes final drift to me -Paying no attention to the girl.- he sees the look in my eyes. Quickly glances at Yvette then shakes his head, opens the door and motions us to the sitting room. We all sit down, I never look away from the fragile, pale girl in my arms. Hayden and Annalie don't sit Annalie paces and Hayden shakes with anger. He manages to get out " W-www-what just happend?!"
Hayden's grandpa sighs. There is a long pause befre he whispers "Adoma".
"Just great! ANOTHER FANCY WORD!" Hayden is shaking llike he's on viberate.
Annalie quickly glances at him with a disoproving look but looks away as if she was glad he said it instead of her.
"Adamo." Hayden's grandpa says slighty louder than before. "Means falling in love."
The puzzle look on all our faces this time and continues. "Warriors have a special kind of connection with eachother. When a warrior sees the one they are destined to marry they 'Adoma'. Fall in love. It's not regular like a normal person would fall in love it's much stronger. Adoma's victims agree with eachother on everything. For instance, if the men vows to his lady to let her live her life until it's time. Then he sticks to it. But it's not just seeing your true love. Warriors could know them for years and not actualy notice eachother."
I look at him as if he was insane. He looks back at me and shakes his head. I'm startled because he answered my unasked question. "What, wait! What's your power?"
"I can only see a persons question if it is meant towards me and they want to ask it. Now the answer to your other question." He pauses smiles at Yvette and answers. "The person has to long for someone that makes their life complete."
We all nod and he say's. "Hayden! Sit down now!"
Hayden looks up a scowl on his face but sits down as if his words were forcing him too." What is wrong with you?"
Hayden grimaces and says " First you tell us we aren't normal but won't tell us why, then we almost get killed and find out we have super powers. And above all else we walk out the door and Hayden goes into a trance and runs to hug a stranger!"
"Hayden, calm down. It was the best way for you to find out. I don't mean that underesting you. Now your powers will be stronger."
"I'm out of here." He walks to the door pauses as we get up and say goodnight. We walk to the door and he opens it. We sit down and Annalie looks up at me and says " Do you three want to stay at my house?"
I nod and so does Hayden. Yvette tightens her hold on me. Hayden looks at me with very worried eyes and I know that something else is bothering him. I nod, because I know him so well he grins.
Annalie grips us all and shoots off into the air. "Hold on babes"
When we fly in her window I kiss Yvette and tell her to stay with Annalie tonight. Hayden is in a hurry to get whatevers bothering him off his chest. We walk to our room -We stay at Annalie's all the time so we have a bed room.- I feel Hayden's power because he's pulling me away from Annalie. I hurry because I don't like the feeling of being away from Annalie. When we are apart I worry about her I need to protect her.
"Hayden!" I gasp because it looks like he's going to cry. I've only seen Hayden cry once, and that's when Annalie moved for the summer. We would spend the night and cry silently because neither of us could be away from her.
"Jackson!" He pleads. I feel his pull for me to hug him. I wrap my arms around his and holds the manly guy in our school while he silently cries. I can fell his pain not because I can feel his pull but because I can't stand for anything to hurt one of my best friends. I just stand there. Embracing my brother until he can tell me what's wrong. I begin to cry because it hurt so much but then it's over.
" I can't do this to her."
I know he's not finished so I don't interupt. " I'm afraid I'll hurt her. Jackson don't let me hurt her! Please!" His deap vioce belows and i'm sure Annalie heard him. But she may have saw it coming because she never came to check.