You're Not Invisible to Me

Is That So Much To Ask For?

“She hates me,” James mumbled once Katie and the three other boys of BTR left.

“She doesn’t hate you…” I replied.

He just gave me that look like he didn’t believe me. I didn’t know what else to say to him though. Feeling defeated, I just walked over and hugged him. He went on to let out a heavy sigh before he hugged me back.

“I like you… and that’s all that matters right now,” I told him softly.

“You’re still going to like me if your friend doesn’t,” he pouted cutely.

“Maybe…” I teased, sending him a playful smile.

His response was rubbing our noses together… and then gently planting his lips on mine. It was a cute little moment. His lips were just as soft as I remembered them.

“What’d you tell her to make her be this way towards me?” he asked once we parted.

“You’re really going to ask me that?” I chuckled.

“Well, I mean… I wasn’t… that bad… Was I?” he questioned.

“You were an ass,” I giggled out.

“Yet, you dated me,” he smirked.

“Because I thought maybe you were just putting on a front for your friends… and you kind of were… to a point,” I muttered.

“What about now?”

“You seem to be… less ass-ish,” I confessed.

“But I’m still an ass?” he chuckled himself.

“You have a nice one…” I teased.

“You’ve been looking huh?” he raised an eyebrow through a playful smile.

“I’m sure I’m not the only girl that has…”

To my surprise, a slight pink filled his cheeks. It was cute. I couldn’t help but reach up and leave a soft kiss on his cheek.

The two of us went on to make small talk while we waited for everyone to get back. We hopped onto opposite counters and just chatted. But when the door opened, James looked at me with a slightly nervous expression on his face.

“Why don’t you boys go set the table?” I suggested once the bags of food were on the counter.

They all gave some type of yeah as a response. Katie got that I wanted to say something to her. Once the boys were gone and I looked over at her, she rolled her eyes.

“Please give James a chance,” I nearly pleaded.

“Why?” she mumbled while crossing her arms.

“Because you’re making him feel uncomfortable,” I told her.

“Good,” she grinned as she headed out of the room.

I let out a groan as I lilted my head back to look up at the ceiling. I just wanted her to be nice. That’s all. I’m not asking her to like him! Just some niceness was all I asked for. But maybe she just wants me to worry. You know how best friends are. You would assume they hate each other sometimes. I just want tonight to go well! Is that so much to ask for?
♠ ♠ ♠
Crashing from Monster.... blaaah

Ky

comment??