You're Not Invisible to Me

I Just... Can't

“Hey,” Katie said after she opened the door, forcing a big smile through.

“I was going to get breakfast. Do you want to come?” I asked, glancing behind her to see Logan slowly making his way off of her bed.

“Sure,” she grinned, keeping the same smile as before.

I nodded my head as she passed. Taking another questionable glance at Logan, he just shrugged. What did he do now?! I knew this was a bad idea. Damn it, James! If he were here right now, I would lay into his cute ass. But he wasn’t… so Katie and I left to have breakfast together before I had to go to work.

Once we were seated and had our order placed, silence fell over the two of us. I wanted her to bring up the Logan thing… Because, what if… nothing happened? Maybe she just had that expression since she’s still kind of coping with her break up with Paul.

“So… are you feeling any better?” I started.

“I guess,” she shrugged, keeping her eyes fixed on her coffee.

“What do you mean you guess?” I had to press on.

“It’s just… it still sucks,” she huffed.

“Over time it will suck less,” I assured her.

“Logan…” she started, but stopped herself by shaking her head.

“Logan what?” I was curious now!

“Why was he there?” she groaned.

“That was James. I had nothing to do that with that. Blame him!” I ranted.

“He… kissed me this morning,” she spoke softly.

“What?” I couldn’t believe it. Logan… Well, actually… I could believe it when you put Logan into the equation... from what James has told me anyway.

“Yeah, damn cutie,” she tried to hide a smile.

“So… are you upset about it, or… not?” I was confused now.

“I don’t know! I just got out of a relationship! I don’t need to jump into another one,” she grumbled before resting her wrapped arms on the table to lay her head on them.

“Oh, Katie,” I couldn’t help but giggle.

“It’s not funny!” she complained.

I still laughed from her little outburst. She rolled her eyes at me as she sat back up right. Shortly after this, our food came, shutting us up for a few minutes. But as the bites slowed, our conversation shifted towards... James and I.

“How are you and pretty boy doing? Or do I even have to ask? You guys have like this perfect relationship,” she muttered towards the end.

“It’s not perfect,” was my first initial response.

“Really?” she looked at me with a sarcastic stare.

“I love him,” I started, but I couldn’t keep a sigh from coming out with it.

“What’d he do?!” she perked up from the sudden gossip opportunity.

“He didn’t do anything. It’s not him,” I assured her.

“Cause it’s never him…” she mumbled.

“He’s just been getting more… physical,” I huffed.

“Yep… it’s him,” she countered.

“No, it’s not! Because… I want to… give in to him, but… I just… can’t,” I confessed.

“Has he been pushy?” she wrinkled her features up; something she does when she tires to control her anger. I thought she liked the guy now!

“No! But…” I trailed off through a shrug.

“Don’t let him make you do anything you don’t want to,” she went on.

“I know,” I just wanted off of this subject now.

“I mean it. I’ll kick his ass,” she muttered, making me laugh.

I wanted to try and drill into her more that it wasn’t James. It was… me. But she was just ranting on about how she could take James if she needed to. It humored me. By the time she finished with that, I had to take her back to my house to go to work. I noticed that Logan’s car was gone as I backed out. I don’t know about his intentions right now with Katie… but then again, Katie seems to be a little on the fence with James’ intentions too. No matter how much we say we like each other’s boyfriends, I’m pretty sure there’s always going to be a little part of us that hates them…
♠ ♠ ♠
:D

Ky

comment??