You're Not Invisible to Me

Shocking, I Know!

Katie left me! SHE LEFT ME! I bring her all the way to New York and she just wants to stay in the hotel… while I freak out about seeing my high school sweetheart. Yeah… perfect!

Once she left, I let out a heavy sigh and turned to try and be social. It was… weird though. I never talked to any of these people. They only talked to me because of the guy I was dating. He broke up with me after prom though… So I wouldn’t give it up to, ok? My parents always told me to wait until marriage to have sex. I was going to do my best to keep that promise to them. It’s not the easiest thing to do while living in Los Angeles, but… so far, I’ve managed.

With him breaking up with me over such a shitty reason, you probably guessed that the feelings between us weren’t the best after that. I hated him. I could only imagine all the things he told his friends after that night. I tried to block it out, but… I really liked that guy…

“Kylee?” I heard from behind me as I was slowly walking around.

Even though it had been five years, I knew that voice… all too well. It honestly made me cringe. I didn’t want to turn around. There’s another Kylee right? I’m sure there was another one that graduated with my class…

“Kylee Carter?” he asked again. Damn it…

I turned around slowly… and was met with the most beautiful brown eyes. That’s the thing that always got me about him… those eyes. They were this gorgeous chocolaty, mocha color that seemed so innocent. And then when he’d smile, it would cause your heart to melt… Kind of like now…

“James,” I tried push out the biggest smile that I could as I faced him.

“You look… beautiful,” he said gently, as if he were afraid to compliment me.

“Thanks… you look rather handsome,” I told him, admiring looking over his appearance.

He had on a light button up shirt that wasn’t tucked into his dark, slim fitting jeans. He was always rather… fit in high school. He seemed to have beefed up over the years though. Ok… I’m not going to lie… he was… cute… dare I say… sexy?

“I haven’t talked to you since high school… how are you?” he struck up a conversation.

“I’ve been good… I moved to LA to go to school,” I told him.

“Did you really? Do you still live there?” he asked, seeming to be rather eager now.

“Yeah… I work for a record company as a music engineer,” I explained.

“That’s awesome. I live in LA too,” he went on.

This started a whole nether conversation that I thought I would not be having with James Maslow after all of these years. Ok… he may have been a… dick in high school. You could not tell it from this conversation. He was rather… charming.

He went on to tell me that he’s an actor… and singer… in a boy band of all things. I would have never thought… I mean… acting I could see… and singing. But… a boy band? Once he said that, I was curious as to what they sound like. After I voiced that, he told me that I should come to a show when we get back home. It sounded like fun to me.

“So, since we know we live in the same area… maybe we should… hang out?” he asked while rubbing the back of his neck with his hand.

“I don’t know…” I voiced honestly.

“I mean… it was just a suggestion. It’s hard to find real friends out in that part of California. It’d be nice to know one’s truly your friend,” he went on.

“Why don’t you just… call me when you have time. You seem busy Mr. Boy Band,” I teased as I got out a piece of paper and scribbled my number down to give to him.

“I’ll do that,” he said through a chuckle as he took it.

We talked a little more throughout the night. Other people came up and said hi, but they really just wanted to talk to James. It was ok. I texted Katie to tell her to come and get me. I think I stayed here enough… and talked to people I thought I would never talk to again in my life. I did better than I thought I would. And I made a few plans to see my ex boyfriend once we got back home… Shocking, I know!
♠ ♠ ♠
James :3 He's so pretty *sighs* lol

Kylee

comment pleeeease :D

KATIEEE