You're Not Invisible to Me

Screaming Children

Back in California and Kylee still wouldn't tell what happened at the reunion. She was off at work today, while I lounged around our condo. I had the day off from work, so I decided to hang around. After a while, I decided to get some grocery shopping done. As I finished up, I went to get coffee for Ky and I. I walked into the crowded Starbucks and tapped my foot as I waited in line. I ordered my coffees and waited more. They called my coffee name and placed two in front of me. Not thinking, I took a sip and twitched at the amount of sugar they put in it.

“Hey, I think we have each others.” I heard someone say. I turned quickly and was looking right into the chest of a very good looking guy. He smiled and the air in my lungs escaped.

“....Oh! I'm sorry!” I said after a silence, handing the cup to him.

“It's no problem......you don't have nearly as much sugar as me.” he said, still smiling.

“Are you looking to get a heart attack? I would be bouncing off the walls.” I joked, forcing out a nervous laugh.

“Honestly, this place has pretty bitter coffee, if you ask me.” he said quietly.

“Really? Know of any better?” I asked, slowly sipping my coffee. Now that he mentioned it, Starbucks was kind of bitter.

“Totally, this little shop near the stu.....my work.” he said, his smile faltering for only a second.

“Hmm, my parent's taught me not to trust strangers.” I said, smiling back at him.

“Maybe I could get your number? Meet up sometime?” he asked. My phone buzzed in my pocket, making me look. Kylee was home, wondering where I was.

“I'm sorry, I've gotta go.” I said, gently squeezing his bicep before smiling and running out.

I sped home and ran inside, skidding across the kitchen floor and placing the bags on the counter. Kylee came around the corner, having a conversation with someone on the phone. I started putting things away, but Kylee hung up and let out a loud sigh. I turned slowly to look at her and she was staring me down. I smiled weakly but she just shook her head.

“I'm sorry, okay!? I didn't realize how late I was!” I said.

“It's okay, really. You've still got time to get ready.” she said. I nodded and ran upstairs, jumping in the shower. A while later, I started my hair. Ky came into my room and sat on my bed.

“So, what's his band called?” I asked, tousling my hair around.

“Big Time Rush......they're a boy band.” she said, her voice dropping into a whisper. I dropped my hands onto the counter and glared at her.

“A boy band!? Like, 98 Degrees!? Jeez, Ky!” I ranted.

“He invited me!” she defended.

“Exactly! So you're going.” I said.

“And so are you. Deal with it.” she said, crossing her arms. We had a stare down before I gave in. I finished my hair and messed with a little before opening the medicine cabinet and tossing a bottle of Advil into my purse.

“For the screaming children.” I said, causing her to roll her eyes.

“It won't be that bad.” she defended.

“Remember when we went to see The Backstreet Boys reunion tour?” I said, following out to her car.

“Yeah, and?” she asked.

“We both got migraines from the shrieking.” I said. She scoffed as we pulled onto the highway.

“Everything will be fine.” she said. Although, I think she was saying that for herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shaun White gum is fantastic
especially with blocked sinuses
it's really minty lol

katie

Kylee Kangaroo :)