You're Not Invisible to Me

Like A Rose Garden

The concert was that bad, in fact, the boys sounded really good. And I only had a slight pounding in my skull after. Kylee and I hung around while the boys ran off to get changed. She was blushing and gushing all about James and how he's gotten so much hotter, he sings really well, nothing but good things. I was biting my tongue, since I was still on the fence about this kid. The door opened and James walked out. He asked Kylee if she wanted to go out with him. She glanced over at me, seeing as she was my ride.

“Go ahead, I'll get a cab or something.” I said, sending her a smile.

“I....I don't know, the streets at night aren't really safe.” she rambled.

“Just go!” I said, lifting one heel foot and gently planting it against her butt and pushing her. She sent me a look but followed James down the hall.

I stood there for a second before slowly turning and heading towards the exit, taking my sweet time. My heels clicked loudly, echoing through the empty halls. The arena had emptied out and it was dead silent walking outside. I stood on the sidewalk for a moment, holding my cell phone. I felt nervous, being alone. I heard footsteps and then a door opening, causing me to turn. Logan was just walking out, and smiling right at me. He walked over, standing next to me, his hands stuffed into the pockets of his jeans.

“It's not really safe for a pretty girl to be out here alone.” He said, nudging me lightly.

“Really? I didn't know! Thank you so much for coming to my rescue!” I teased. He smiled, looking down a little then back up again.

“Knight in shining armor, at your service.” he said with that million dollar smile. “Ya know, that coffee place is open all night.” I turned and smiled at him.

“Lead the way.” I said. He smiled and put his arm cautiously around my waist.

“To the white stallion!” he cheered loudly. I couldn't control the giggle that rose in my throat. We drove across the city and to a small coffee shop, similar to a 50's diner in style and color.

“I smell pancakes.” I mused, the aroma of buttermilk filling my senses.

“All part of my plan.” he said with a smirk, leading me over and sitting across from me.

“You may not get this from my lack of sugar in coffee but, I love chocolate chip pancakes.” I said, leaning across the table slightly. He smiled more and leaned forward as well.

“I'm slowly winning you over, through food.” he snickered. We both laughed and ordered chocolate chip pancakes and coffee.

“So, twenty questions?” I asked. He nodded and leaned on his folder arms. “Where are you from?”

“Texas, near Dallas, you?” he asked.

“Near Boston.” I smirked. He laughed and shook his head a little.

“No wonder you like coffee.” he teased. I lightly kicked his in the shins. He flinched and over dramatically grabbed his leg. “Those things are sharp!”

“That's the point.” I teased, tapping him again.

“Oh, that's it!” he shouted, grabbing my foot and pulling my shoe off. He grabbed the other foot and took the other heel, then held both of my feet in his lap.

“I hope they don't smell.” I said, only half joking.

“Oh, like a rose garden.” he teased, his smile spreading again. Our food arrived and I took a large sip of coffee, my eyes closing slightly. “What did I tell you?” he said.

“Way better than Starbucks.” I smiled, digging into my pancakes. It was silent for a moment before Logan spoke up again.

“Your smile is so beautiful.” he said, making me blush.

“I like your smile too.” I smiled back. Comment about teeth, really cute, Katie. My cheeks burned more and I ducked my head.

“Next time I see you, you should tie your hair back.” he said, making me look up. His eyes were so beautiful, like hot fudge.

“Why?” I asked.

“So you can't hide behind it.” he said, smiling again. Oh my god, Kylee is going to hear about this!
♠ ♠ ♠
My ears keep popping.
stupid pressure.
and now i really want chocolate chip pancakes!

Kylee!!!!