Lips of Deceit

The Escape

The floorboards creaked while the walls seemed to shudder. Lily took one last glance at her home and closed her eyes tightly. It was like her guilt could disappear like the insides of her eyelids. She clutched the picture frame of her friends, the one with a used-to-be-couple in the back and at least seven people in the front. The faded couple smiled from the back, as everyone in the front gripped their heads for safety. There was a blurred figure jumping over the crowd. A complete state of happiness all captured in a little frame. Lily’s eyes began to swell but she gulped the hidden sadness down her throat. She removed the frame and tucked the picture away in her back pocket. Lily closed her eyes once again, slightly snickering, as she tossed the picture frame against her door. The picture frame shattered into tiny pieces where Lily made her escape.

Lily pushed against the window screen and jumped off into the desert with just a backpack. A backpack was all she needed; she didn’t have many precious items but a cell phone, wallet and her iPOD. The desert was coated in a dark midnight with the colors of howling wolves and shades of wild beasts. She blended in with the unlit sky, making her feel even less apart of the world. Her finger tips brushing softly down her stomach that soon clutched the cold steel in her belt. Silent steps toward the dusty road as she dialed the numbers of her vanishing act.

Dear friends,
I apologize for leaving so suddenly.
I know when you all wake up from your peaceful dreams,
You’ll discover this message.
Blissful or distraught,
I know not.
But please forgive me.
I’ve been living a lie.
Lie:
Used with reference to a situation involving deception or founded on a mistaken impression
This isn’t fair for me, you have to understand.
I’m trapped in a world,
Full of my regrets,
Full of my mistakes,
Full of my fears.
I want you to know, I am afraid.
I am scared.
I want to save myself.
This is why,
When the sun touches the hills,
I’ll no longer be here.
Goodbye, Lily Chapdelain


Julianne rubbed her eyes in her assimilated shade. It was already 11:37 but her blinds were swept to close and moved slightly. She shifted through her blankets to find her phone hidden beneath her slumber. Her fingers slipped against the numbers 2-3-9-6-1-1-4. The ringing began to silently jingle throughout her ears, “Hi this is Lily, I’m sorry I can’t pick up your call right now, please leave a message!” Julianne placed her phone onto the blankets and shook her light head away. Her feet stumbled toward her laptop to discover an email from her best friend Lily. Her eyes swept against the words and lines followed by a gaping breath.

“Lily it's Julianne...what the heck is going on? Call me back!” Julianne breathed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope it isn't too bad C: