Lips of Deceit

Damsels in Distress

“Aren’t you a bit young, miss?” the taxi driver questioned.

“I’m 20, young enough to know what I’m doing.” Lily replied coldly looking out towards the window. The taxi driver glared through the rear view mirror.

“Well aren’t you social, why are you heading toward the city?”

“It’s just somewhere I belong.”

“To call a taxi at the middle of the night??”

Lily shrugged, “When will we get downtown?”

“You like to get to the point huh? Just right across the highway lil’ lady!”

The highway seemed to be endless but finally reached Lily’s destination: a cheap hotel. Lily lifted her backpack onto her shoulder and treaded towards the lobby. Lily was wearing a black army jacket with red buttons. She wore a red striped shirt with a matching schoolgirl like skirt. Even better, she had her red and black stockings underneath her worn out combo boots. People stared at her across the room because she seemed to be so out of place. Lily sighed and glazed her purple eyes over towards the front desk. “May I rent a room?” Lily politely asked.

“That’d be $34 a night miss, how long will you be staying?” the employee answered.
“Uh…maybe just two.”

“Here you go miss, that’d be $68 miss!” Lily handed him the money in exchange for her hotel card. She sighed; going out alone seemed to be costly. She wandered outside to climb the flight of stairs to her room. Her hands slipped onto the doorknob of room 108 and thrusted her things inside. She quickly shut the door and looked upon the afternoon lit sky. There was something about hotel rooms that scared her. So clean, so nice, and so perfect. If you bothered to wrinkle a sheet or step in the shower, you’d ruin the atmosphere.

She leaned against the rails, breathing in her regrets. “I can’t say if I regret my decision, but I’m alone now, and I don’t know if I can make it on my-“

“Your own? You’re real strange, talking to yourself and all that.” A man smirked.

“Uh…who are you!” Lily was flushed with embarrassment. He was awkwardly handsome and looking down at her.

“So why’d you leave your home?”

“How do you know I left!”

“Well you are saying you can’t make it on your-“

“Who said I’d say ‘own’!”

“Was being at home that bad?” Lily’s eyes soon cast against the pavement, almost blurry with tears. The awkwardly handsome individual smiled a little.

“I’m Brian, but I prefer Synyster,” Synyster changed the subject and clutched Lily’s shoulder close, and looked straight into her eyes, “and I think, I might just be the one to rescue you.” Lily’s knees trembled; he was so close to her face, enough to see the color in his eyes.

“I-“ Synyster broke her words and twisted her onto his shoulders.

“Lets go!” Synyster burst into room 108 and grabbed her belongings and threw it against his free arm. Lily struggled to squirm from his arms but his grip was tight against her waist. Synyster grinned at her attempts, “You know, damsels in distress are supposed to stay still.” Lily’s face got even redder, she felt so incompetent. Not only was someone so handsome KIDNAPPING her, but she was being swept into a car. Synyster smiled and shoved her into the seat.

“Just sit tight, I’m taking you out of this crappy hotel!” Synyster grinned and pressed his lips against Lily’s before shutting the car door. Lily felt like the blood in her veins froze and completely immobile. Everything seemed so fast that it couldn’t be real. Lily breathed in deeply, she felt like she hadn’t since she met Synyster…Lily brought her knees close to her chest and leaned against the window. Her heart was beating fast like her heart could break. It wasn’t something she could afford, it was the whole reason she came out alone. He was coming back…except with the manager behind his trail, chasing him. Synyster had her dollar bills clutched within his fingertips. A laugh slipped from her lips. Surprised by her childish giggles, she bit hard against her lip, hard enough to a rose red. It wasn't like her, wasn't she supposed to be scared? This man, he just couldn’t be trusted.

He fell against Lily with hard breaths, “Driver! Hurry!” The wheels rubbed fluidly against the asphalt as it sped away to the depths of the city. “I got your-“ He took a deep breath, “money back!” Synyster’s hand trembled, struggling to reach out to Lily. Lily’s eyes gazed to the dollars but her body began to move on its own. Maybe, he could keep me safe, maybe I won’t need to run anymore, her thoughts conspired. Her eyelids curtained to a black as her arms moved around Synyster’s shaky build. She could feel his surprise that traveled against his spine. He snickered and moved closer in. He ran his hand against her bare leg and the other to her chin.

“I don’t do this so often you know?” Synyster smiled and pressed his chapped lips against his damsel in distress.
♠ ♠ ♠
Why is Lily so scared? Hm. I want to know.