Lips of Deceit

Trapped

Julianne was standing on the edge, it’s been a month since Lily left or died. She really didn’t know anymore. Julianne had been everywhere, posting signs and pictures on random streets and convenience stores. She ended up empty handed in the long run. Nobody seemed to care or try to help at all. She was standing in Lily’s room with its creaky floors and green walls. It wasn’t silent though, her family was never exactly quiet, nor were they normal. They were all gathered somewhere in the house, weeping and sharing their sorrows. Mrs. Chapdelain personally asked for her to visit, maybe to ease their pains. She couldn’t do anything of course. After all, she was trying to help herself.

Why would Lily disappear so suddenly? Had someone kidnapped her? Or did she just get tired of life enough to kill herself? It was pointless, these questions could only be answered by Lily herself. Deep down, to the bottom of her heart, she only knew Lily was alive.

All of her friends tried to comfort one another, and always ended up lost. The disdain on their faces but obtaining eyes like windows. Julianne could only capture a shattered soul. They were all like herself; confused. Nobody really understood why Lily had left or purposely died. Nobody noticed anything wrong with her. Maybe that was the problem. Lily could be an actress, a smile like her's was worth millions. Her cheeks would pull against her lips and flash her teeth, even a rush of euphoria. Except that's what actors do of course. They only act. In the end, they truly believed she succumbed to life's restraints.

Lily isn't hopeless. What's the point of dying if you can't see your happy ending? Even if it couldn't last long, I know Lily was awaiting hers.

Julianne brought her eyes to the ceiling. She was attempting to fade into the room, maybe just enough to see through Lily's eyes. If Lily suffered so much, why wouldn't she have told her? The walls were covered in posters of any inspiring band Lily could get her hands on. It was like, they knew all along what was wrong. However, they kept their lips sealed within their paper like texture. Lily wasn't perfect. She was poor. Not poor enough to live on the streets, but poor enough she couldn't sustain a living.

Her family was always guilty. They had nobody else to blame except themselves for such a poverty. They dug a grave so deep, they weren't able to climb back out. Lily could never obtain a normal childhood. Normal. Could money really make someone normal? Julianne thought and shivered. She was 20 already, but she couldn't recieve a "normal" education. In the end, it was never enough for her to break free from pauperdom.

Lily? Are you trapped?

Julianne sat down, and brought her knees close. The posters of My Chemical Romance, Avenged Sevenfold and even Vincent of Final Fantasy were looking down upon her. They all seemed to miss her as much as she did. Her eyes shut tighter, her hands roaming against the rigid floor. “OW” Julianne gasped twisting her vision against her fingers. They were bleeding? Julianne felt the blood dancing against her skin as she glared directly at the floor. Ignoring the pain, her fingers pressed harder onto the ground. It was hollow and meddled with, it didn’t seem to be apart of this home. She dug her fingers under the shifty piece of the floor. The aperture had sharp edges but she tightly bit her lip and pulled out the obscured fragment. Julianne smiled, the hope glittering in her eyes.

“Lily, you’re definitely not dead!” Julianne whispered with a grin, twisting the fragment within her hands, “Definitely not.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The italics are for thoughts C: Just a reminder.