Lips of Deceit

How do you prove your alive?

“You want to tell me why you’re standing on that?” Mikey situated himself out of his car. It was extremely late already, probably somewhat in the early hours of morning. Except it was still dark and the only illumination were his headlights, the moon and this strange girl. Was this really and everyday thing to be hung over and driving down an empty road to find a girl dancing on a burnt down venue?

“I’m not really sure…” She answered softly. Her toes crept to the weaker spots causing them to creak.

“Look, it’s not at all safe, this place has been abandoned for years.” He replied weakly with his arms crossed. This girl was a complete maniac to be standing on the top of an abandoned building. The roof was nearly crumbling beneath her feet. The night lit sky even bothered to play along her curves. Just short glimpses of her porcelain skin and strawberry blonde hair.

”I’m not quite sure why you’re worrying! You’re not the one on here are you?” She replied sternly holding her arms out.

“Well you might die, so hurry and get the hell off!” Mikey was already climbing the loose bricks to reach the roof.

“How do you prove you’re alive?” The moon lit up her eyes as he stared at her from the silhouettes.

Mikey shrugged. What a lunatic! “By getting the fuck off there, that’s what!”

”No…” She whispered, “Are you sure?”

“Of course I’m sure! You’re heart is beating isn’t it!? Isn’t that all the proof you need!” He was near her, but the roof was completely unstable. Somebody tell him why he was even on this! “Look just hold my hand! Please don’t fall!” Mikey replied desperately.

He felt her fingers enlace around his own bloody knuckles. Her weight collapsed against him finding that cursed loose tile. The air shifted against their skin, motionless but every velocity against them. Mikey twisted his arms around her, but she remained grasping his hand. He felt a pain from the small of his back as he collided toward the soft mound of grass. He groaned with the noises etched in pain but he never let her go. At least, the roof wasn’t too far from the ground. Except it still hurt like a bitch.

“Now, how do you prove your alive?” Mikey breathed against her neck.

“By dying.” She smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mikey's probably thinking, "This chick is one crazy bitchin banshee" Comments yes? No?