Status: completed

New Year's Kiss

One-Shot

New Year's again. Another year gone by and a new one just waiting to be started. It's not that I don't like the idea of getting a new start and trying different things, its just that today is yet another reminder of how many times I've broken the same promise to myself every year. What might you ask is the one promise I can never keep? Well…it's about Dahvie. I want to tell him that I think of him as more than a friend but every year I chicken out. I keep saying "Oh, I'll do it tomorrow" or "Hey, he's got a lot on his mind right now and I shouldn't add to that" oh, and my personal favorite "He's got a new girlfriend. What's the point of telling him?" Every year it's the same story, I can just never bring myself to tell him and this year is no different. Oh well, we're still having our New Year's party so I can distract myself for a little while at least.

****** that afternoon******

"Hey, Jayy!"

Looking up from my lonely lunch I found Sally beaming down at me.

"Hey, Sal" I replied, still sounding sad and distracted.

"Mmm" she mused, sounding somewhat understanding. "Still can't tell him, huh?"

I choked on my food as I realized what she just said. Grabbing a napkin, I spat it out and looked at her incredulously. Sputtering out actual words mixed nonsense I somehow managed to ask her how she knew.

"Jayy," she began like she was explaining something to a child, "You are the most obvious lovesick little puppy in the world. Anyone who bothers to look can see the signs. It's really a mystery how Dahvie can't."

I looked down sadly at my now unappetizing food. I really thought I hid my feeling rather well. Guess I'm more of a hopeless lovestruck idiot than I thought.

Turning to leave she let out one more sentence I almost missed "It's also a wonder how you can't see what's right in front of you either."

As I stood up to question her more, I found the room empty once again. I sat back down and began playing with my uneaten meal as I tried figuring out what she meant.

"What can't I see?" I wondered out loud.

"Don't know, what can't you see?"

I jumped again at the new voice just inches away from my ear. I turned my head to the source and found Dahvie leaning down next to me with a bright smile. I returned it with a smaller one, which made him wrap him arms around me tightly before continuing on to the fridge. By the time he was halfway across the room, my cheeks had completely filled with red. My eyes traveled downwards as he bent over for something buried deep within the fridge. When he turned back I quickly cast my eyes down and felt my cheeks burning even hotter.

Dahvie sat back down beside me and began munching on some cold leftover Chinese from last night. The truth was that what he was eating was mine but I knew he loved lo mein almost as much as I did, so I left it in there for him to find. I always did stuff like that without telling him. To me it kinda seemed like a way to express my love in a subtle way but also as an apology for feeling this way.

I must have let out another sad sigh because Dahvie looked up at me questioning. With lo mein hanging from his mouth he asked what was wrong before slurping up the long noodles. My mind instantly went to the triple X store in my brain as I thought of what else I'd like to see him suck, but I pushed those thoughts out for now and gave him a small somewhat forced smile.

"Don't worry, its nothing."

His lips frowned just slightly but he didn't push the subject any further. He got back up and kissed my cheek before grabbing the small white carton again. As he stood above me his smile came back wider and said, "Don't forget to come sit by me as we watch the ball drop. I want to bring in my new year with you right by my side."

My happy grin came back as I watched him leave the room, eating his food once more. Just seeing him happy made me happy and hearing him say he wants me by his side, well…I think that made me happier than I have ever been on any New Year's Eve.

******later that night******

About 5 minutes before the ball dropped, I joined Dahvie on the couch. Earlier I had just been wandering between the living room and the back yard where some of the guests had spilled out to await the blasting of fireworks. There was only 2 minutes left for the old year and I didn't want to risk any chance of missing this moment with Dahvie. I yelled out to everyone that it was almost time but most either didn't hear or didn't care. Sally and Andrew were one of the few who stayed in the room with us waiting for the countdown. New Year's kiss I'm betting. Lucky bitch.

Dahvie leaned excitedly towards the TV as the ball began to descend. Very clearly we heard the cheering and counting crowd through the TV. Outside, our own crowd and some of the neighbors were also joining in. When it reached six Dahvie sat back, which I found a little weird. Most people lean further forward in anxious expectance.

"5!…4!…3!…"

As the two echoed through the house I felt a hand on my face. Dahvie turned me towards him and just as the countdown hit one, he pressed our lips together for a hard, passionate kiss. The fireworks all set off at once, filling the room with their loud explosions and the cheering from the crowds. As Dahvie began to pull back, my hands caught themselves in his hair and kept him in place right where he belonged.

The kiss became more violent as our lips worked against each other in a needy fashion. My tongue swiped against his mouth and he happily let me in. While the wet muscles moved together in a delicious wrestle for dominance, he pulled me down on top of him and moaned deep into my mouth. I worked a hand down to his straining bulge and one up the fabric of his shirt. My reward for these actions was a desperate, needy groan of pure lust and desire. I had begun to slide up his shirt when I felt a throw pillow hit my back. Miffed, I turned back to the source of the toss and found Sally nestled in Andrew's lap looking just a tad annoyed. Dahvie had already begun his mouth down my neck to begin kissing and biting where ever he could reach.

"We're still here you know!" She yelled.

He pulled off just long enough to reply, "So?" before returning back to his very much welcomed work.

I gave her one last smirk as I said, "Get used to it, cause its gonna be a long year" before I turned back to my new, awaiting lover. Man, I love New Year's.