Status: Starting.

My Love of a Nerd.

Empathy

"You know what your problem is? Your defense mechanism… you always defend yourself." I said after observing him for the past 3 hours.
"NO, I don't." He said defensively.
"You just proved my point." I said and smiled.
He sighed, "You can't solve depression." He said.
"Well, how do you feel?" I asked.
"Fine." He said.
"See, you're getting better already!" I said. "Let's go." I said.
"Where?" He asks.
"To a dermatologist." I said. "But, first we'd probably have to go to your house first." I said.

"This is where you live?" I asked.
"Yea.." He said sheepishly. I looked at him and whacked him.
"You manage to live in a house this big and still you wear and act like this?" I said. I looked back to his house when I was done screaming. His house was big, very big. It was so big that my house can fit into it.
"What do your parents work as?" I asked.
"My dad's an engineer and my mom's a model." He said.
"WHAT THE FUCK?" I asked totally confused.
"What?" He asked scratching behind his head of where I whacked him.
"Nothing. Let's just go in." I said.

"We have to throw these away… how old are these clothes?" I asked him. He shrugged.
"I don't know, I don't like shopping." He said.
"Good, for you I do. Where's your parents?" I asked while packing his clothes.
"They're out." He said.
"Oh, are they usually gone?" I asked, most of his shirt has stains or food on them… they were washed but there were stains.
"Yea, well my mom is. It's usually my dad and I but he goes with my mom often too." He said.
"So it's just you?" I asked.
"Don't rob my house." He said, I laughed.
"Don't worry… if I did, I'd have to hate you first." I said. He laughed.
"Anyways, with that much clothes being thrown away what am I going to wear?" He asked.
"Do you have money?" I asked him.
"Sure." He said.
"Do you have a lot of money?" I asked.
"Yea.. are you going to mob me?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.
"You're at least two feet taller than me, so it's not possible.. well it is.. nevermind. Just get it with you." I said.
"What?" He asked.
"The money. We have to go shopping." I said.
"Oh, fun." he said sarcastically.

"Try all these on." I said. He looked at them and cringed. When he walked away I pushed him with my feet. He stumbled but walked on.
"Don't you think these clothes are too fancy for normal day stuff?" he asked.
"No, well if you wore it right." I said. I walked up to him, he was trying on the dress shirt. I fold up the sleeves and unbuttoned three buttons because he had them buttoned to his neck.
"There you go. Doesn't it look more normal?" I asked him.
"Yea, I guess." He said. I sighed.
"Now go wear the other ones on." I said happily. When he was done we went to the cash register to buy it.
"Wow, this is alot of stuff." The cashier lady said.
"Yep." I said happily.
"She picked it all out." Harrison said taking out his wallet.
"Then your girlfriend has an amazing sense in men's clothing." The cashier lady said.
"Oh, I'm not his girlfriend." I said.
"Oh, I'm sorry." The lady said and smiled. I walked around to look, it was kind of awkward. I mean, I just met Harrison for one day and I am sure that I will never like him like that. Never.

1 year later.

"Don't you dare." He said. I laughed like crazy, I am totally going to do this. I shook my head and threw his shoe in the water. "Fuck." He said. I started laughing like crazy. He then started stripping.
"What are you doing?" I asked in between my laughs, his face was just so priceless.
"Getting my shoe." He said.
"Okay. Just, don't take off your boxers." I said. He went over to me and gave me his glasses, yea, he's wearing them. He usually wears them when we're just hanging out but when we're at school I told him to wear the contacts.
He jumped into the water to retrieve his shoe. He caught onto it and came back up.
"You're seriously so evil you know that?" He said. I laughed harder. He was drenched. His brown hair sticking to his face and his boxers were all wet. He looked at me with those brown eyes.
"Yea, well you shouldn't have said that thing earlier." I said.
"What thing?" He asked.
"Oh, never mind, that thing was in my mind. You didn't say anything. My bad." I said smiling.
"You're so… ugh!" He said grabbing his t-shirt to put back on.
"You're all wet." I said slyly, "That's what he said…" I said. Harrison then broke into smirk. He put down his shirt on the rock and walked towards me.
"I want to give you a big hug." He said. I was confused.
"Why? Dude, I just threw your shoe into the water and you swam there to retrieve it." I said. He just kept on smiling and walked towards me with his long skinny arms wide open… and all wet. My eyes went wide, before I could run away he grabbed onto me and squeezed me tight into his body. I started screaming.
"OH MY GOD… HARRISON!" I said and tried pushing him away. He laughed.
"God, you're so mean." He said joyfully then placed his head to my face and my shoulders, his drenched hair making me all wet.
"Get off, I'm wet now." I said.
"That's what she said." He said and laughed. I sighed and groaned. I managed to push him off me, then looked at myself. I was pissed, I looked back up at him he was smiling with his white pearly straight teeth. I then strike him, but he held onto my wrist which made me kneel.
"Okay, okay… sorry." I said.
"Hey, you know the rules. We can't use it for fun." He said. I rolled my eyes.
"When have I ever followed rules." I said.
"Well you follow the rules of the road." He said smiling while putting back on his clothes.
"Smarty butt." I said, he smiled.
"Come on little one. Let's go grab some lunch." He said dragging me along.
Harrison and I have been friends for a year. He has hung out with me ever since. A lot has happened in one year. We learned judo together. I taught him how to ride my baby. He taught me about how films were made and their history. I found it really interesting, I went 24 hours with him talking about the Star Wars movies. He helped me with homework, and trust me it was often. He transferred high schools and now goes to a prestiges nerd high school about 5 miles away from my crappy popular filled high school that he used to go to. Harrison also taught me how to drive a car. We also changed his look. You know the saying, "The better you look the better you feel." But I think that only goes for girls… but who cares. We didn't cut his hair short-looking though, I kept it because it looked nice so we did a slight trim. We cured his acne problem, and clothes situation. He now looks really good, but I guess my black fetish attracted him to wear black often too.
"Hello, how may I help you?" The waitress asked, she looked familiar, oh yea… she goes to my school. When she looked at Harrison her eyes and bored face expression changed. She was bright now and smiling.
"I'll have the ham and cheese sandwich combo and she's have the turkey and cheese combo." He said then handed her the menus back. Yea, he knew me very well. His memory is very good, unlike mine which is wasted on other things.
"Okay." The girl said trying to grab his attention but he was looking at me. When she left, I went all up on it.
"Harrison! She was totally digging you." I said.
"Oh, she was… I didn't notice." He said bluntly.
"What's wrong with you. I changed you so you can live your life and find a girlfriend… what's this?" I said.
"I am just really busy lately and I don't want to mix a girl into it." He said, "Anyways, having you is enough." He said. I wasn't looking at him but at that girl, she was staring at him so possessively then at me with darts.
"Oh, yea.. right.. Sure." I said mindlessly, I then looked back at him, "You should ask her out. She looks pretty…" I said.
"No. Hey I learned about a new movie. You want to hear some stuff about it?" He asked.
"I love stuff." I said smiling at him, he started speaking and I was all wrapped up to remember what I was talking about before.