Status: Starting.

My Love of a Nerd.

Needed

"Should I ask him out?" I said to Harrison.
"Well, if you want." He said uninterested.
"Come on… don't be like that." I said.
"Like what?" He said, he was looking at a window. I sighed and put my hands on my hips.
"That, you seem mad. Why are you mad?" I asked.
"I'm not mad. And ask if you want. I don't care." he said.
"Okay… I will. Thanks for the encouragement." I said and took me bag up and started walking towards Austin Ellis. My mind was spinning, this was crazy. I looked back at Harrison to see if he was looking, instead he was reading a magazine. I felt so angry… why is he acting like this. Fine, if he wants this then I'll do it… I'll ask out Austin Ellis to prom.
"Hi." I said looking down at Austin Ellis who was sitting.
"Hey… umm, you're Mary right?" He said giving a smile.
"Molly. Molly Hanson." I said smiling and offered a hand. He shook it.
"Hey, I'll see you later dude." The guy that was sitting across from Austin on the table stood up and left. I waved when he waved to me, I looked back at Austin. God, he was s gorgeous.
"So, wassup?" He asks, then we both laughed.
"Nothing much, I was just here with a friend." I said.
"Oh, where is she? Did you leave her all alone?" He eyed me jokingly.
"No, he's right there." I said and pointed towards Harrison who was now looking at us, Harrison looked away quickly when our eyes went in his direction.
"Oh, Harrison Colton… I had Chem. with him in sophomore year. He luckily passed and I didn't." Austin said smiling.
"Yea, he's just super smart…" I said shaking my head in disappointment. It's the first time that a person I have talked to about Harrison spoke of Harrison about something other than what Harrison did. I smiled.
"He is. I mean, all of his tests… A… PLUS!" Austin said and I nodded my head.
"Yes. I'm so jealous sometimes… but not everyone can have everything." I said shrugging.
"Did you see any movies here yet?" he asks.
"Yes, I watched Breaking Dawn… sadly. I know." I said.
"Oh… that's… horrid." He said and then breaks into laughter, "I'm just kidding. My sisters are really into that stuff."
"Honestly, I'm not a big fan of the sparkling vampire thing.. or even vampires at all. I mean have all those girls watched Dracula?" I said.
"No.. no they haven't. I find this a good thesis because my sisters have never watched Dracula." He said.
"Yea.. well let's say Dracula isn't sparkly nor gorgeous." I said, I couldn't stop smiling. He has such a good character.
"Ugh, he's hideous. I mean honestly… he was nowhere from Edward Jacobs." Austin said. I laughed. "What?" He asks.
"It's Edward Cullen, and Jacob Black." I said.
"Oh, my bad. My sisters talk about it often but I tend to drown them out." He said and shrugging.
"Wow, you must take a lot of girl advices from them then." I joked.
"Yea, that I listen to." He said and pointed the fact.
"Oh, yea I bet you do." I said. We talked on after, we honestly didn't know each other but Austin was so nice and he seemed like he genuinely wanted to talk with me since he's been asking all the questions to start the conversation. It passed has passed about 2 hours already. I looked over at the table where Harrison sat but it was taken by another person. I looked around to find him but he was nowhere in sight.
"Looking for Harrison?" Austin asked.
"Yea.. he left." I said. "He's my ride." I said.
"Oh, well that sucks. But hey, you have me." Austin said, I think back to Harrison… he always says that… but I don't have him right now. My heart feels tightened.
"Yea, I do." I said and put on a smile.
"I could give you a ride home." He said.
"Yea, that'd be awesome." I said and smiled. I felt really unsure. It wasn't the stranger danger thing… but I was worried about Harrison. I know what he isn't the guy to just leave like that.
My heart was screaming, where are you Harrison?

"Forever the Sickest Kids?" I said.
"Yes, I am a fan." He said.
"Well I don't blame you. They're pretty cool." I said. FTSK were singing Bipolar Baby. He started singing along to it. I laughed.
"You're weird." I said.
"I know. And it's awesome!" He said happily. He was such a smiler, you know a person that is like the sun and smiles constantly.
"Yes! Don't worry, I'm a bit weird too." I said.
"Says the girl who went up to a random guy from school and spent the whole day talking to him." He said.
"Yes, that random guy must've been dropped when he was a baby because he talked to me, a random girl he doesn't know from school." I said.
"Darn it." he said and snapped his fingers.

"Thanks for the ride, Austin." I said and shut the door. I waved and walked towards Harrison's house.
"Wait." He yelled out with the window down. I walked to the car. "I was wondering… since prom's just a week away and I honestly haven't asked anyone girl out. I was hoping you'd be my date." he asks. I smiled.
"Sure." I said, the whole day I've been wanting to ask him this but I was sidetracked.
"Sure is not a permanent answer." he said grinning. I bit my lower lip.
"Yes, I'll go to prom with you." I said.
"Okay. I'll see you at school?" He asks.
"Definitely." I said, I took a step away and waved when he drove off. I walked towards the house and rang the doorbell. Harrison opened the door, he was shirtless with pajama shorts on.
"Oh, you're here." He said sleepily.
"Why did you leave?" I asked worried.
"I was tired.. sorry." He said and walked deeper into the house. I walked in.
"Well, you should've texted me or something." I said trying to not get angry. "And you didn't pick up your phone at all." I said.
"I'm sorry." he said softly.
"What's wrong Harrison?" I asked.
"Nothing, I'm just really tired, Molly." He said and ran his fingers through his hair. I looked at him, for the first time… I saw him differently… He was different.. But I don't know what to think.
"Whatever. I'm going." I said.
"Do you have a ride?" he asks. I was silent. I wasn't looking at him but I felt his worried eyes upon me.
"Don't worry about me… you just proved that today." I said and walked out the door. I walked home, it was 11 when I arrived home. I walked for 1 hour, in that time my mind went into a complete spur of thoughts. What was that feeling… I felt so hurt by Harrison but looking at him today almost made my mouth water. His skinny body, his face, and just him. The feeling of how he left made me worry… and miss him. I never really thought he would just leave like that, he has never done that to me before.
"Honey, why are you home so late?" My mom asked. I shook my head.
"Nothing mom, sorry." I apologized.
"Well… don't do that again alright?" She said, and I nodded. I went to my room and crashed onto my bed.
I laid facedown… maybe I needed Harrison more than I thought he needed me. I shook my head and dug in deep into the pillow.
"Maybe sleep will clear my mind." I said to myself and slept.