Status: Starting.

My Love of a Nerd.

Knowings

"Hey, Anika… I was wondering since you're going with Harrison why don't we go buy a dress together?" I asked.
"Um, I already have a dress. My mom made it. I'm sorry." She said.
"Oh, okay then it's fine." I said and smiled. It's all good.

This whole week has been uncomfortable. Austin is nice and all but honestly, I can't take my mind off Harrison. What am I doing? I feel so uncomfortable… and the word has more meaning than possible. I felt such uneasiness in my body, deep deep inside my body. I knew better than to find more words for it.
"Hey." I felt an arm around me shoulders, I looked up to see Austin's flawless face. All the girls around near the lockers stared at him with lust while other glared at me with disgust.
"Hey, how'd you find me?" I asked smiling.
"Oh, I'd recognize you anywhere." He said. I smiled.
"Oh, really? What if you snaked your arm around a girl that was supposedly me?" I asked grinning mischievously.
"Hmm… I'd be utterly embarrassed." He said, I laughed.
"Yea, you would but knowing you.. you'd charm her to death." I said smiling.
"Yea, maybe… but I would be disappointed that it wasn't you in the first place." He said and I felt his lips on my cheek. I pushed him away slightly. I smiled. The gesture was sweet but… I wasn't feeling anything.
I gave a nervous laugh, "I can't wait for the dance. Harrison is coming along too with his date." I said.
"Oh, he has a girlfriend now? That's great!" Austin said excitingly.
"Yea.. it is." I said trying to sound as happy as he did. Austin is such a good guy, I've seen this for awhile now since we started "going out" as everyone has said in the school. Nobody thought this would ever happen. I was a kind of bad influence in this rich filled school. I was so different from the future business leaders in this school. I was an outcast. Yea, there is a lot of gossip about me even before "dating" Austin. The one of how I did drugs. The one where I beaten up a gang of mobsters for drugs. The one where I am a slut. The one where they said I was a lesbian… and the one where they said that I caused my father's accident. That hit me the most… I kind of beat up the guy who spread them in the first place, Jimmy Michaelson. His dad was a lawyer and I almost got sued but I kept on a good act and argument that Mr. Michaelson was impressed by me. The fact that I challenged him to court and with the paperwork of what I collected as evidence to harassment and bullying along with a long line of girls that Jimmy had been wrong to and were seeking revenge, I got it all…. not to mention the freshman football players that Jimmy hazed to be put in team. I had a good persuasion for those boys and girls with a thirst for revenge of their humiliation. My challenge got me an offer to be an intern at Mr. Michaelson's law firm, since his law firm was very successful and he had many notable clients but I denied his offer. I didn't care enough for it. All those rumors were obviously false and were almost forgotten until now. I dated the most noticeable guy in school, Austin Ellis. We may be dating but honestly, I don't know how I feel about him. I admire him so much, he's the perfect guy. He's sweet, friendly, respectful, and much more but whenever I'm with him doesn't fit my heart exactly.

"Mom! I'm home." I said. I went into the living room to see my dad watching a movie with subtitles. I went to the couch and sat next to him, I laid my head on his shoulders. It felt amazing sitting next to my dad, it felt amazing sitting next to my parents. Being the only child, I am closer to my parents than most kids. He asked me how was school, I signed back saying it was tiring. He then put his attention back to the movie. I started talking, I knew he couldn't hear… and that made it ten times better.
"I don't know what think anymore dad." I said. "Yea, school? I hate it. I hate the people, I hate everything. But now, I have a person to talk to but it feels weird." I said. I looked up, his attention was still at the movie.
"I think… I think I have feelings for someone but, it's hard because I can't feel that way. It will ruin everything. When graduation comes, I don't want to get hurt… especially by him. I know he'll get into an Ivy League school and I'm going to stay in California. I don't know if that's exactly what's keeping me from admitting anything but… I just feel so confused." I whispered.
"My head hurts, a lot Dad… I feel as if my mind if going to explode, out of frustration, confusion, or deprivation of sleep but I know that I don't feel comfortable." I kept talking. "I feel so alone and lost but there are people around me now." I said, I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

"Hey." I said opening the door for Harrison to enter. Today was our day to hang out.
"Hey, I can't wait to tell you about this new movie." He said happily, I smiled. He spoke until we got to the living room, no one was home today because my dad went to the doctor and my mom went along. We sat on the couch as he put the dvd in. I grabbed the chips and put it in a big bowl and brought it to the couch. We sat and watched, I kept shifting because I felt weird. He lazed out and I felt his knee brush my leg. It stayed there and I tried not moving but I did out of awkwardness, it made my leg touch his more. The whole movie was exceptionally slow which narrowed my attention span. My mind was concentration on the touching of our legs. I made my face concentrate on the movie but my mind was far from the movie.
"That movie was slow." I said when it ended.
"Yep, Anika suggested it to me so I took the suggestion." He said, "This movie sucked though." He said and smiled. I stared at him, my heart melting. His smile brought out his teeth, his smile was adorable and gorgeous. It brought warmth to me and suddenly I didn't feel that uncomfortable anymore.
"Yep, boring." I said.
"So what should we do now?" he asked.
"Let's make cookies!" I said happily.
"Yum, I've been craving cookies." he said and I smiled. I brought out the tools to make chocolate chip and oatmeal raisins, yea we were daring. Two kinds of cookies in one day is very daring. "Can you preheat the oven to 350?" I asked.
"Can I?" He questioned me.
"Just, do it you dork." I said grinning. His smile spread across his face and once again my heart melted away.
When I brought the recipes on the island he went up behind me, "Is this all of it." He questioned. I felt his warmth radiating from his body to my back, the breath that he let out traced upon my neck and gave me goosebumps. I turned around to answer him but I was stuck between him and the counter. I looked up at him.
"Yes, we're making two kinds of cookies in one day mister." I said and poked him with my finger.
"Yes! We're so daring." he said and laughed. His laugh was majestic to my ears. As his body shook from laughter I felt the vibrations coming towards me, his breath grazed itself upon my face as I stared at his neck pulsing from the laugh.
"Yea, we are." I said, "Well, let's get started." I said breathing out at well, I turned around and he walked to my side and took items to get ready with. When he was pouring the powder it dropped it everywhere. I gasped.
"Oh. I'm sorry." He said looking a bit guilty. I glared at him jokingly, his face furrowed. He took up some light flour and flicked it at my face. I gasped.
"No you didn't." I said.
"Oh, yes I did honey." He joked. I laughed lightly. Then took some flour too and placed it all over his face, he looks like a porcelain doll now. I laughed, he laughed lightly then he threw chocolate chips at me. I closed my eyes when the chips landed on my face. I laughed.
"You're very funny." I said. I then took the raisin and threw it at him. Eventually… we messed up the kitchen. Flour was on the ground and everything. I threw an egg at his shirt and retrieved the eggs so he couldn't grab any to throw at me. He was totaled, and I must admit… I was too.
"Are you calling truce now?" I said from behind he wall.
"Yes! Truce. Truce." He said, I peered from the wall and he had his hands up. I smiled, I won.
"Wow, this is a mess." I said looking around my kitchen.
"Well, than that means we better start cleaning." he said and grabbed some paper towels and started to wet them. I smiled, Harrison wasn't like the others. He was far away from it, and I liked it… alot.