‹ Prequel: Just Like You...
Status: A Work in Progress

Mirror Image

Love is a Weapon

JACKY POV

It was getting dark out. I sat on the concrete step out back, lucky enough no fans had stopped by. My right leg shook and I leaned my forehead against my hand before looking up to the sky, my chin resting atop my hands.

"There you are." I didn't have to turn my head to recognize the voice.

"Hey, Jinxx." I sighed, moving my leg down another step so I couldn't shake it.

"Mind if I sit down?" He was polite and waited for me to nod my head before he sat down on the step next to me.

There was quiet for a while.

"Did Ronnie send you?" I asked, still looking at the sky.

"You think he'd send someone other than himself when one of his best friends is upset?" He chuckled. "I sent myself."

I nodded before letting out a humorless laugh.

"I fucked up."

"Nah, not really." He shifted. "She overreacted."

"I told her I would leave him be."

"He punched you first." He said. "You were more honorable in that sense, you didn't throw him under the bus."

"Shoulda done that too." I nodded. "I mean under the physical bus. Would have destroyed the evidence."

He laughed.

"You know you don't mean that as well as I do." He pointed out. "You care for Shea's feelings too much to kill that kid."

"Look where that's gotten me." I snorted as I brought my leg back to it's previous position and began shaking it.

"Calm down."

"It's easy for you to say, you and Sammi are the fucking perfect couple." I snapped, "Everyone agrees. You have no idea what it's like--"

"No," He cut me off, "I don't. I don't have any idea what this exact situation is like, Jacky; but, every couple has their problems. Sammi and I have had our share of rough patches."

"She hates me!" I held my face in my hands. "She doesn't want to see me again."

"See, she has to, she lives with her brother, who happens to be the lead singer in your band." He shrugged. "You have time to win her back."

"Maybe...maybe I shouldn't." I sighed. "Maybe this is just so fucked up that it was never meant to work."

"If that's what you believe." He shrugged again. "I can't tell you what to think, but if you really loved her you'd give it another shot."

"I never loved her." I muttered. "Fuck, I love her. I still love her. It's only been fifteen minutes and I'm dying."

"So, give her some cautious space, but let her know you're still there. Don't give up on her and don't let her give up on you." He got up. "Don't be scared to look desperate, you kind of are, you can't really hide that." He gave me a small smile and held out his hand. "Come on, kid, time to head back, we're leaving soon."

I nodded and took his hand to help me to my feet.

"Thanks."

"Anytime." He gave me another friendly smile.

SHEA POV

"Hey, babe." Sammi climbed her way over the shit I'd thrown around the back of the bunks. It was mostly just sheets, but I suspect that's hard to walk through in heels.

"Hi." I bit my lip.

"How are you feeling? Alyssa said she hasn't been able to talk to you." She sat down next to me on the floor.

"Suckish." I sniffled. "Why do I always fuck up relationships?"

"It's not entirely you. It's the testosterone. It causes boys to be all stupid." She tried a small smile to see if I'd smile back.

I gave her a half smile, but I know it didn't reach my eyes.

"Oh, come here." She held her arms open and I hugged her. "We're going to a hotel tonight, we cancelled tomorrow's show because of the missing drum kit, we still can't find it and we need new stuff sent out because of it."

"Oh..." I whispered.

"I told the managers to put you, me, and Alyssa in a room and Eric and Jinxx can bunk today." She told me, "I think we can get some ice cream from room service."

"Thanks, Sammi." I hugged her.

"I know how it is." She gave me another smile.

"Sammi," I sat up. "You are amazing and you are going to make a great mother."

She beamed.

"Thanks, and really, I'm always here if you need to talk. You have my number, you can call."

"I'm glad you stayed on tour longer than you planned." I told her.

"I am too, now come on, you can ride on our bus."

"Thanks." I smiled.

ANDY POV

"Is that Jinxx?" I asked as I heard the door open and close.

"Sammi." I heard as heels clacked up the stairs. "And Shea."

"Damn, so close." I hung over the edge of the couch.

"Andy, you loser, sit up." She laughed.

I stuck my tongue out.

"I do what I want, thanks."

"Whatever." She patted my stomach and I spazzed, falling off the couch and hitting my head.

"Awe, fuck!" I hissed, getting up and rubbing my head.

"Idiot." Shea gave me a small smile.

"Hey, short shit, how are ya?" I smiled, sitting on the couch.

"Cool." She shrugged, but I could tell she was upset.

"Hey, I'm going to go to the bathroom, okay?" Sammi told her.

"Mkay." Shea nodded. Sammi left. "Where are the others?"

"Ronnie was talking to Jinxx." I lied easily. "And the other two are in the back, if you want to talk to them--"

"Nah, I just wanna stick here." She laid down.

"You feeling okay?" I asked again.

"Yeah, just a little sick, but I feel sick when I'm upset." She shrugged.

"Come over here and give me a hug." I held out my arms and she gave me a small smile. She got up, looking a little unbalanced, and literally stumbled into my arms. "Shea, you're cold." I commented. Her skin was cold, kind of clammy. I'm not my mother, nor am I a doctor, but I know that's not good.

"It's chilly on the bus." She shrugged.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I frowned.

"I'm fineeeee!"

"Sammi!" I shouted.

"What?!" She yelled back. She reached the door, "I said I was going to the bathroom."

"Well, you're not there anymore."

"No, or I'd kill you, what's wrong?"

"Something is wrong with Shea."

She gave me a "no shit" look.

"No, Sammi, like legitimately wrong with her health." I motioned her over.

"I'm fine!" She said again, a little quieter. She was falling asleep. Sammi put the back of her hand on Shea's forehead.

"Shea, look at me." She said sternly and Shea looked up with tired eyes. "She's high."

"She's too tired to be high." I frowned. Sammi bit her lip before the door opened.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Jinxx frowned at Sammi's expression.

"I think Shea overdosed."

I snorted.

"I went through that girl's stuff yesterday like no tomorrow. I went through every single bag before I found her hidden razors. Sammi, there's legitimately no fucking way she hid anything."

"Did you maybe find something else?" She tried. "Somewhere they could have been?"

"I mean she had a container of aspirin, but I looked through that, there was only aspirin in there."

"You idiot." Jinxx put his face in his hands. "She's a fucking addict. Why would she carry aspirin?"

"Why wouldn't you point it out?!" Sammi looked frantic.

"It didn't seem strange! The girl can't take aspirin for a headache?"

"No!" They said simultaneously.

"What's going on?" Ashley asked, the others followed him.

"Whoa, Shea?" CC looked up at me.

"She fucking overdosed." Sammi tugged the ends of her hair and Jinxx took her hands in his.

"CC, get Ronnie and Jon and tell them we need to get her to the hospital." Jinxx said calmly.

He nodded and hurried out of the bus.

"I'll get Alyssa." Ashley followed.

"Find the bottle of aspirin too." Sammi called after him.

"I'll get it." I got up.

"Well, don't carry her all over the place!" Sammi frowned.

"I'll carry her to the bunks." Jake offered. I nodded and we shifted her into his arms.

JACKY POV

"Ronnie!" CC shouted, running onto our bus just before we started up.

"CC, get back on the bus, we're leaving." Jon frowned as the drummer past him on the stairs.

"Ronnie, Shea overdosed."

"What?!" He shot up.

The bus stopped it's rumbling and shut off.

"You're kidding right? She's not using again." He tried.

"No, I wouldn't kid. She's using something."

"Oh my God." I was already out of the bus.

"Where is she?" I asked quietly, climbing onto the BVB bus.

Jinxx and Sammi stepped back so I could see Jake holding her. I walked over and he moved as if to pass her to me. I shook my head and sat down next to him.

"Her pulse is racing." He bit the inside of his cheek.

"Jon called an ambulance." CC came back with Ronnie.

I fiddled with her hair.

"She'll be okay." Jake told me.

"Shea?!" Alyssa's frantic voice called as she ran onto the bus followed by Ashely and Andy.

Andy walked over to me and dropped a bottle into my hands.

"It was in her stuff." I flipped the bottle of aspirin over before opening the top and letting some of the contents spill into my hand. I held a pill up to look at it before throwing the hand down and kicking it, running both my hands over my face and through my hair.

"It's oxy." I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mmmm, I hope this makes up for being slow to update and also because I won't be writing the next two days. I have like three papers due...

ChloetheCapricorn: Yay, so glad that you do :D

Haysay: mhmm, i agree *nods*

PixieChick101: im writing im writing! :)

*Votes:

-Preggerz: 2
-Not Preggerz: 1

I'm hoping you all won't kill me for any of this <3

Comment, makes me update faster! ;)

<3
GIMH