My Life in a Band

Another Day

I woke up the next day feeling a great pain on my right hand. At first I thought maybe I bit it but then I remembered last night's events: first band practice, how I got cut, Charlie's rage, nearly falling off my bike the second time, Eric catching me, Eric holding my injured hand, Eric smiling. And Eric himself.

I blushed thinking all those. But something bothered me. Why would Eric cut my hand in the first place and then go all friendly with me after that? Probably that was really his nature. Getting others hurt and making up with them. I didn't really care now about what Eric did to me. I mean injuring my hand. But a part of me hated him for being like that on me when I didn't even do anything to him. And the other part of me? It's too early to think about that right now.

I got ready for school, taking a bath(taking the bandage off and wetting the cut with water gently. It still hurts, really) and eating a quick breakfast. I got out of the house and went to the garage to use another bike when I saw the one I used last night to be there. I rode it to school, just resting my right wrist on the right handle to control it without falling off. This was going to be a good day. I received a message on my mobile when I got to school. Charlie informed that there was no band practice today. They postponed it on Friday by the time they thought my hand my hand would heal. I felt a little disappointed but it was fine so I told him okay.

School was a bit boring today but I had to concentrate in class and still get good grades. It was a bit hard to write but I managed it. I just tried not to grip the pen too hard.

I found myself daydreaming of Eric in class although I knew I shouldn't. I just couldn't forget that playful smile on his face, as if he was hiding a secret or trying not to laugh. I remembered the way he gently held my hand in his when we went to the car. His green eyes were smoldering me when he once looked my way. I couldn't forget that. I went on thinking about him and had a good time.

Lunch came though and that good time disappeared when Martin came my way.

"Hi, Amber," he said not sitting down at the empty chair in front of me. Thank god. "I'm sorry if I hurt you yesterday but I can't understand why you aren't talking to me anymore."

I had an urge to punch him in the nose and tell him about his lies and stinking girlfriend. But of course I didn't do that. "I've just been kind of busy lately. And I was just surprised yesterday. Thanks for helping me that afternoon though." I was a pretty good actress and forced a smile of gratitude on my face. That seemed to calm him down. I saw Natasha, his girlfriend, on the other side of the cafeteria glaring at me. Huh. As if I wanted Martin from her now.

"You're welcome," Martin smiled with relief. I wanted to kick his very painful part but resisted. I smiled and he walked away waving. He then sat with Natasha. I could tell she was asking about what we were talking about. Nosy bitch.

I finished my food and got up. I went to the library and did my homework. I usually did this to save time so I could just study and do whatever I want at home. If I had extra time, I studied and read some books here in the library. I didn't feel much like talking to anyone when I'm studying.

The bell rang and class continued. This time, I told myself not to think about Eric. Number one, he may be friendly but he's also a snob. Well that was my observation. Number two, if I think too much of him I might end up actually having a crush on him. I didn't want to go crazy over him. That was going to be a real turn off if I'm dealing with a mysterious guy like Eric.

School ended and I was then going to the parking lot as usual to get my bike. I was getting farther and farther away from school now, the air whipping my face. It was a cold season and I was really enjoying it. I loved the cold.

I was singing a tune in my head when a cool brand new car almost threw me off my bike and off the road. It was going too fast. I nearly fell off my bike but good thing I kept my balance. I won't have two straight days of injury. The car stopped suddenly.

The driver got out cursing just loud enough for me to hear. I cursed too. I got out of my bike and approached the guy. But what I saw almost made me want to go back and forget all about getting mad.

It was Eric.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this is a bit shorter...