Always Attract

Chapter 11

Josh

We had been in Australia for a week now and I hadn’t yet worked up the courage to find Lily. I knew where she lived and where she worked and I even knew that Dan had her best friends number. I didn’t even know if she remembered me let alone wanted to see me.

“Mate, you need to stop moping around.”

I felt Dan’s hand on my shoulder and turned to see him wearing nothing but his jeans.

“Where are you going mate?”

“I’m meeting up with Rosie tonight.”

“Rosie as in Lily’s friend?”

“Yeah. Should be a good night. You going to come?”

“I don’t know. Maybe I should just stay in tonight.”

“Okay mate but next time you have to come. I’m sick of you sitting around doing nothing. You have to go see her.”

Lily

Rosie had told me that Josh had arrived last week and ad been begging me since then to go out with her tonight. I just don’t think I could do it. He lived in England and that wasn’t going to change anytime soon and I just didn’t want t get attached to him.

My phone rang and I answered without looking at caller ID, already knowing exactly who it was and what she wanted.

“LILYYYYYY!”

“Rosieeeeee!”

“Please come out with us tonight! We both know you want to see him!”

“One, there’s no guarantee he’s going to be there. Two, I have no one to look after Allie.”

“Come on you know you can get someone to look after her.”

“No Rosie. I don’t want to go out tonight.”

“Alright fine. But next time you’re coming, no arguments.”

“Fine.”

***

“Goodnight Allie.”

I leant down and kissed her on the cheek before puling up her princess doona cover and tucking her into bed.
“I love you mummy”

“Love you too Allie, I’ll see you in the morning.”

I had just sat down on the couch when there was a knock at the door. I sighed, thinking it was Rosie coming to try and convince me to come out tonight.

“Rosie! I can’t just go out anytime!” I was yelling through the door before yanking it open.

And instead of seeing my best friend I saw the reason I wasn’t going out with her tonight.

“Hi.” He stood on my doorstep with his hands in his pockets and his hair covering his face.

“Josh?”

“Um, yeah. I suppose that’s me. Well um, I just wanted to, uh, I’m sorry. I’ll just go.” He turned his back and was halfway down my driveway before I got over the shock.

“Wait! No, wait. Josh!”

“Yeah?”

“Come inside.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes! Come inside.”

He began walking towards me again and smiled before running to me and wrapping his arms around me.

“I can’t believe you actually remember who I am!”

I laughed before wrapping my arms around him and letting him lift me up and swing me around.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really am no happy with this at all. Basically I'm at home sick and had nothing else to do but this was so hard to write because I just have no idea what to do. I have all these ideas and no way to get to the point in the story where they are relevant.

But anyway, a few weeks ago I saw You Me At Six on Soundwave and they were just absolutely incredible. I met them and they were the sweetest boys.