Opened Wounds

Play it right and drive a Volvo car

Gerard's P.O.V 

I sat glumly in my small throne, my mother the vampire Queen, to my right and my fertile brother to my left. Young fertile vampires were gathered on the floor below me, talking and drinking. I sighed, mom always had these mating balls for me, in hope that I'd fall in love and expand the royal family. She should know I haven't felt anything since father died. No happiness, no anger, just nothing. Apparently I haven't even smiled for 5 months! I wouldn't know, I can't feel it. My mom leant over to me from her much larger black and red throne and whispered.
"Anyone you see?"
I rolled my eyes and shook my head, turning away. She sighed and shook her long blonde hair, muttering something that sounded like "All in good time."

Frank's P.O.V

"Frank! Wear something nice please!" Called my mom from downstairs. 
"Pfft, as if." I muttered to myself, doing up the belt buckle on my skinny black jeans and putting in my lip and nose rings, before heading downstairs. I went to the living room to see my mom with his arms around my dad's neck, both kissing passionately. 
"A-HEM!" I coughed, breaking them apart. My mom giggled.
"Sorry honey, let's go shall we? We can continue this later." He added, winking at my dad. I made fake gagging noises.
"Mom, why do I have to go to this stupid ball anyway?" I whined, climbing into the black Volvo.
"It's commanded every single fertile between 16 and 20 must go, queens orders ya'know." 
"Yeah, but he won't want me! I don't see the damn point!" I almost shouted, smacking my head on the window. 
"FRANK IERO! Pack it in young man, or no iPod for a week!" Mom shouted, starting the car and driving to the hall. I grumbled and stared out the window. 
 Once we arrived my mom gave me a kiss on the cheek, which I promptly wiped off, and drove away, saying he'd see me in 3 hours. Ugh, such a long wait! I stepped into the hall, after signing my name and age on a sheet, and my jaw immediately dropped. It was huge! Blood red carpet lined the floor and ceiling, the walls covered in jet black with small gold decorations on the banisters of a massive staircase. I followed all the other fertiles, who were all dressed in smart dresses or suites, to the ball room. There was navy blue lighting and blue couches lining the edges, with a bar to the right. I got a small glass of human children's blood, as it was sweeter, and stood in the corner, one leg up against the wall. My attention was drawn to the very back of the room, where the 3 royals sat. There was the Queen with her lush blonde hair grinning as ever, and her youngest son, Prince Mikey, his short brownish hair slicked down so it was nearly touching his white framed glasses, and lastly, Prince Gerard. I had seen pictures of him, but in real life he was even more stunning. His snowy white hair was slightly scruffy, but it seemed to suite
his soft hazel eyes very well. I didn't realise I was staring until a girl with red hair walked in front of me, blocking my vision for a second. I shook my head, almost spilling my drink. I sighed and took a few sips of blood. 

Gerard's P.O.V

I was about to tell mother that there was no one and that we should call off the ball, when I spotted a boy standing in the corner, wearing a Black Flag T-shirt, he ruffled his hair which was blonde at the sides and black in the middle. He met my gaze and his eyes widened, before quickly looking at his feet. When our eyes met, I felt like lightning had struck my heart and bombs were beeping and exploding. It was him. I had finally found my mate, after all this time. I raised my left hand in the air and my mother and brother grinned and copied, causing the whole room to fall silent almost immediately. I stood up and pointed to the boy in the corner, whose jaw dropped, along with his cup. The whole room gasped and I beckoned the boy over. He walked to the bottom of a small set of stairs and looked at me nervously. I nodded, and he walked up the stairs, letting a small whimper escape his throat. He bowed before me and I placed my hand on his silky black hair, feeling the warmth. I felt a sudden tug at the corners of my mouth, and I relaxed my face muscles, letting a smile spread across my face. My mother squealed from delight and the room erupted in applause but I quickly called for silence by growling. I gently tugged at the boys hair, making him stand straight and look at me. His eyes were a mix of green and hazel, with a glint of gold and looked so innocent and submissive.
"What is your name?"
"F-Frank Iero, s-sir." He stuttered, trying his best not to break eye contact. I put an arm around his waist and pulled him closer to me, making him squeal slightly. I put a finger under his chin and tilted his head up, my breath ghosting over his lips. I leaned down and kissed him, our lips moving in sync. He let his eyes close over, as did I, and wrapped my arms tighter around him. He placed his arms around my neck and pressed his chest up against mine. I pulled away, our foreheads touching, and grinned, gripping his hand and spinning him around to face the stunned crowd. I wrapped my arms around him from behind and sat in my throne, pulling him into my lap.
"My people, meet Frank Iero, my mate." The crowd cheered and clapped, my mom jumped for joy, and my brother stood next to me, nodding and smiling.

Frank's  P.O.V

OH.MY.GOTH.
I was chosen. Prince Gerard picked me!
I started hyper ventilating and Gerard quickly noticed.
"You okay?"
I couldn't speak or nod so my limbs began to shake, along with my painful breaths. He quickly picked me up bridal style and carried me to as nearby toilet, setting me down on a marble counter beside a sink. Gosh, even the toilets were fancy! He got a piece of cloth and wet it, wiping my heated cheeks. My breathing slowly returned to normal and I held Gerard's hand for comfort.
"Are you okay now?" 
"Y-yes thank you sir."
"Please, call me Gee." He chuckled. I nodded.
"Yes Gee." 
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, let's see how this goes. Comment?