Status: Hiatus until further notice. sorry :(

Break Your Little Heart

New Kid

Kristen had just logged off of her instant messaging. I didn’t understand why she wrote those messages to me. I wasn’t only thinking of myself. I wasn’t selfish like she said I was. I was thinking of our family and a way to keep everyone together. Is it so bad that I wanted to know where my twin was and what she was doing? I don’t see her at home anymore and I hardly ever see her at school. It was like she fell off the face of the earth!

The few times that I did see her, she was with that Alex kid and they were either hugging or kissing. I always felt kinda angry when I saw them together. I swear I wasn’t jealous of her being with him or anything. I mean sure, he was attractive and everything but his looks didn’t really appeal to me. The reason that I think I was angry was because she looked so happy and I was barely functioning. She obviously didn’t need me as much as I needed her. Did she even need me at all? All I wanted to do was keep our family together. Is that so bad? I hope that she realizes soon that I love her and that I’m thinking of her as well. Who wouldn’t want a loving family like ours?

I was on my way to school but today was different. Today was the day that we were getting our first exchange student. Granted he was only from England so he wasn’t that foreign but it was still exciting. I had to show him around since I had indeed won the Student Council elections. I got to miss most of my classes so that was good too. I wanted to get there early so that I could be prepared to show him around. His name was Alastair Ellis. He was from a London and he had won a contest that the two schools were having and his prize was to be involved in an exchange student program. A kid from my school was also selected. Peter Carter was his name and he was this shy quiet guy who apparently wanted to become a neurologist.

I was waiting in the main office for him and while I was waiting I was playing a game on my iPod. Suddenly, I heard the door open and I saw this really attractive guy standing there with a blue slip. He had dark brown hair and ice blue eyes. He definitely was going to get mauled by most of the girls here.

The lady at the front desk, Mrs. Calvier, gave him his schedule and told him that I would show him around. We left the office and started talking.

“I’m Jaymi Lee Brooks,” I told him while we were walking down a deserted hallway. Classes had already started to there was no one there, except for the rare tardy people.

“Ya, the lady back there told me. I’m Alastair Ellis,” he told me.

“Yeah, I was told before you came,” I said awkwardly.

A couple minutes of an awkward silence fell between us.

“So, what’s your first class?” I asked him trying to end the silence.

“Uh, here,” he said giving me the paper in his hands.

I quickly looked it over and saw that we had all of the same classes.

“That’s convenient. We have all of the same classes,” I told him handing his schedule back.
He just nodded. He wasn’t very talkative but you couldn’t blame him. He was in a new country, in a new school and he didn’t know anyone. If that happened to me I wouldn’t talk too much either.

“So, uh, most of the girls here will surround you like bees to honey,” I warned him.

“Really? And why is that?” he asked while looking at me with those piercing eyes.

“You really don’t know?” I asked him in disbelief. Surely he must know how attractive he was.
He just shook his head again.

“You’re pretty attractive and the accent is only a plus,” I explained to him.

“Really?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I told him.

“Do you think that I’m attractive?” he asked me while looking at me through his bangs. I was surprised by his question but decided to answer it truthfully.

“Perhaps,” I said while looking down at my feet.

“Well, then do you wanna show me around town? It could be like a date?” he asked me.

“Uh, sure. When?” I asked him. I don’t know why I said yes but it was too late to go back and say no.

“This Friday?” he suggested.

“Sure. I’ll pick you up?” I asked him.

“Yeah, I’ll tell you the address later. Do you think I could perhaps have your phone number?” he asked.

“Sure. Just text me your address,” I told him. We had stopped in the middle of the hallway so that I could write down my number.

“I’ll text you later,” he told me.

After that we walked in silence to his first class. I had a feeling that having this new exchange student would make my life a little more interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
__
Alastair Ellis

I’m sorry that this chapter isn’t very good.
I had to take the Chem SAT II today so my brain’s kinda fried.
Once again I’m sorry.

I hope you enjoy it though :D

And please comment and subscribe!!! <3