Sequel: Your Guardian Angel

I'm Just off a Lost Cause, a Long Shot, Don't Even Take This Bet

Introduction to Kira

I stepped into the empty house, closely followed by my sister, Brooke and our Mom. The house was small and cosy, something I wasn’t use to. Moms recent divorce from her husband or rather ex-husband, Dave, had left her heartbroken, It gave her the need to escape. This brought us to Huntington Beach, California. The sound of slamming doors hit my ears as the movers prepared to bring all of the furniture inside.Brooke rushed past me and ran up the stairs leaving me with Mom.

“You better run before she picks the good room,” Mom said with a small weak smile.
I nodded before walking to the stairs. When I reached the top of the stairs I immediately saw the room that sparked my interest. I walked into the room and saw the view of the beach, it was breath taking, I never lived beside the sea, we always live in a state that was land-locked.

Pulling my hair out of my face, I tied it with a hair tie. I heard Brooke shouting that she found her room., I did the same as we met up in the hall way. Brooke’s room was down the hall from mine, the bathroom was in between our rooms. We walked downstairs and heard Mom talking with the movers, telling them where to place things. I walked back to my room and stared out the window.Furniture began to be place in my room. When my bed was set down, I fell backwards and closed my eyes. Feeling tired from the long drive, I felt sleep overcome me.

When I woke up my Mom was place boxes on the floor and beginning to put clothes away. I got off my bed and began to help. When I was finished unpacking in my room, I heard a knock at the front door. I opened the door the see five people at the door.

“Hello I’m Suzie Haner and this is my husband Brian and our kids Brian, Brent and McKenna,” the woman said, I shook her hand and then invited everyone in. After closing the door I shouted for Mom and Brooke to come down. A few minutes later and Mom was downstairs. She went to talk with Suzie. I looked up as I saw Brooke coming down the stairs, her pregnant stomach starting to form. She reached me and smiled seeing Mom already making new friends, suddenly I heard her gasp, glancing at her I noticed her hand firmly placed on her stomach.

“Mom,” I called, she looked at me then saw Brooke her smile fell as she hurried to her side.

“Honey, what’s wrong?” Mom asked Brooke in a worried tone.

“He's kicking,” She exclaimed, I gingerly placed my hand on her belly and smiled feeling the small thump.

The days flew past and soon it was time for the first day at our new school. I took a deep breath before opening the car door and stepping out. I stared at the big intimidating building in front of me, ’Huntington Beach High’. I slowly entered the school with Brooke hot on my heels. The receptionist was rude and kept mentioning teen pregnancy, I managed to ignore her but Brooke just couldn’t hold her tongue.

After receiving our timetables and school maps, we went our separate ways, I was searching for locker number 210 and Brooke was looking for locker number 480. Finding the locker was the easy part, opening proved to be more difficult, the locker door had a mind of its own. I sprung open after my fifth try, knocking the books out of my hand.

“Shit,” I exclaimed loudly,
I bent down to pick up my books. I noticed a group of guys looking at me, noticing that one was Brian, I gave a small wave.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it,