‹ Prequel: All for Helena

Helena, Go Where Your Heart Takes You.

Chapter 5.

I was just washing the dishes in the kitchen, like every other day of my life, when I received a huge shock.

“Hey Mom, can we talk?” Helena asked, walking into the kitchen and sitting down. I turned off the sink, wiped my hands and sat down across from her.

“What?” I asked, staring at her intently. She sighed.

“I want toapologize for being such a bitch. I had a talk with Dad, and I realized I was taking out all my aggression on you, and that was wrong. I didn’t mean to, believe me I didn’t,” she rambled.

“I understand,” I said simply. She nodded, and just walked away. I swear, I don’t understand that girl. I sighed and went go find Frank. I found him walking into the apple orchard.

“Frank!” I called, running to catch up with him. He stopped and turned around.

“Hey Ryan, you know what I realized?” he asked. I shrugged.

“We live on a an apple orchard, and yet, I haven’t eaten an apple in nearly six years,” he laughed. I giggled.

“I eat them all the time,” I told him. He hugged me tightly.

“Ryan, you know what I was thinking?” he asked.

“What?” I questioned. He smirked at me.

“No Frank,” I said shortly, knowing exactly what he was thinking. He snapped.

“Damn it!” he exclaimed. I rolled my eyes and smiled. I laughed.

“Hey Mom, can I sleep over Amanda’s house?” Helena called from the deck.

“Yes!!” Frank called. “Now, you have no reason to say no,” he smiled. I rolled my eyes.

“Fair enough,” I smiled.

***

Frank poked me in the side, and then he picked me up.

“Oh crap!” I squealed happily. “Frank!” I whined. He laughed.

“Now!” he declared, walking up the stairs.

“And if I don’t want to?” I questioned.

“Too bad!” he exclaimed. He put me on the bed and closed the door.