‹ Prequel: All for Helena

Helena, Go Where Your Heart Takes You.

Chapter 6.

A month later...

When I woke up, I felt like I was hit by a train. My stomach hurt and I felt sick to my stomach. Helena had had the stomach flu a week ago, and now I have it. Frank’s gone into husband mode though, and he's taken great care of me. I got out bed, and got into the bathroom just in time to puke.

“Honey, you okay?” Frank asked, coming into the bathroom. I nodded slowly.

“Threw up again,” I mumbled, flushing the toilet. He sighed, and pressed his lips to my left temple.

“Sweetie, are you sure it’s just the stomach flu?” Frank asked. I nodded.

“What else would it be?” I asked. He shrugged.

“I don’t know,” he said. “I’m gonna drive Helena to school then go grocery shopping. You going to be okay by yourself?” he asked. I nodded.

“I’ll be fine,” I said, smiling weakly at him. He sighed.

“I’d feel better if you wouldn’t be alone,” he sighed. I rolled my eyes.

“If I need to, I’ll call one of the guys, okay?” I asked, standing up. He nodded. I stumbled out of the bathroom and all of a sudden, I was being hugged.

“I’m sorry I got you sick Ma,” Helena said, squeezing me.

“It’s okay. Now stop squeezing me, or I’ll blow,” I groaned. She let go of me.

“I’ll see you later Ma,” she said. I waved at her and went back to bed. Frank came in and kissed my forehead.

“I’ll bring you some Ginger Ale,” he said. I smiled at him.

“You have no idea how much I love you,” I smiled. He laughed.

“I have a vague idea,” he said. He left the room, closing the door behind me. I sighed and closed my eyes. Soon, I fell asleep again.