Status: One Shot Contest Entery :)

Coffee And Cigarettes And Patches

Coffe And Cigarettes and Patches

A pack of cigarettes seemed like a good idea right now, espically since I had just finished a show at a local bar. I walked around a nearby park finding a swing set for three. It was late so they weren't occupied by little kids. I took out my pack of cigarettes and my lighter from my sweater pocket. I sighed when I saw this was my last cigarette. I lit it and inhaled tasting the nicotine. It had a somewhat coffee taste to it. I blew out the smoke from my mouth and nose as I took a seat in the middle swing. I continued smoking as I swinged back and fourth slowly, feeling the imitation sand slip in my shoes and in between my toes.
I stopped for a moment when I finished my cigarette. I dropped it in the sand and buried it with my feet. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath of the fresh night air.
"Meow..." My eyes shot open when I heard that. I looked down and saw a small gray kitten with bright blue eyes. It looked back at me tilting it's head slightly.
"Hey there little guy." I said softly petting it's head and scratching it behind the ears. It purred and leaped on my lap.
"Patches! Patches!... There you are Patches." I heard someone say. I looked up and saw Jordan. "Oh, hey. You're Chris, right?" He asked. I nodded. I could feel my cheeks getting warm. I've always been attracted to him. With his bushy hair and brown eyes and those adorable dimples...
"And you're Jordan." He nodded. "So this is your cat."
"Yeah. I like to take him out alot but he always wonders off." He said taking a seat on the swing next to me.
"So his names Patches. That's cute." I said petting it's head again.
"Yeah. I called him that cause' he always likes to cuddle up on this old quilt my mom made and it had a lot of patches on it. So Patches!" He said laughing and swinging a bit. I giggled and continued to pet Patches. Patches purred more and started to snuggle against my chest.
"That's weird." Jordan said to himself as he stopped swinging.
"What's weird?"
"Usually Patches doesn't like strangers. He's either really shy and stays away or he attacks them. But with you..."
"Guess he likes vegans." I said laughing. He laughed too while petting Patches.
"You were really good at the show earlier." He said as a small smile played on his lips.
"You saw me and my band play?" I asked a little surprised. He didn't really seem like the type to go to shows.
"Yeah. I never really liked shows much but you're band was awesome." He said as his smile grew bigger.
"Thanks. I really appreciate that. Especially coming from you."
"Why me?" He asked in a shocked tone as his cheeks started turning a bit pink.
"Because I've heard you sing. You're really talented and funny and cu-cool. Really cool." I said almost blowing my cover.
"You're cool too." He said looking down nervously as the pink on his cheeks turned darker. We stayed in an awkward silence. I looked at anthing besides Jordan grinning like an idiot. He thought I was cool! I can see Patches looking back at fourth at us as if he knew what was going on.
"Can I try something?" He said quietly almost a whisper.
"Sure I guess." I said feeling a little nervous.
"Okay. But you have to close your eyes. And no peeking!" He said getting off the swing.
"Okay okay. No peeking." I said laughing and covering my eyes with my hands. I could hear Jordan sigh and take a deep breath. Then I felt two lips pressing against my own. I uncovered my eyes and saw Jordan's closed eyes and he kissed me. I slowly let my eyes close as I wrapped my arms around his waist bringing him closer. I could feel Patches jumping off my lap as Jordan wrapped his arms around my neck as the kiss deepened. We both pulled away gasping for breath. We both looked into each other's eyes. I slowly caressed his cheeks and moved some of his dark hair out of his eyes. We were both smiling and blushing.
"I know this is gonna sound cliche but wanna go get some coffee?" I could use a cup of Joe right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it :) I don't really mind if I don't win the contest I enjoyed writing this ^-^