Endlessly, He Said

T w e l v e

  
 I woke up the next morning in a rather good mood, but I couldn't remember why. I sat up, and turned squish on (she's my phone and a cow and the only woman I will ever love). A wide grin broke out on my face. There on the screen was a text from Tobi. 
    "So how tall are you, Alex?"
    I smiled, typing a quick response, "morning doll. I'm 6'3 and finally done growing."
    ":o you're a giraffe! In gonna call you Raffie :3"
    'Good. He doesn't mind me callig him doll.' I thought as I texted him. I had thought for sure that I had fucked up last night but by some graces, he responded. He told me about himself- completely oblivious to my flirting- but let me get to know him. and that alone made my heart flutter.
    Avalon gave me a look, before smiling. It was the same smile Candy gave me the day before. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. 
    "Don't even go there little girl." I told her, flicking on my straightener.
     "Oh but Lexey, it's been such a long time since Ive seen that smile-" she didn't finish as I had slammed the door closed and turned on the water. 
    Stepping in, I let the hot water run over me, and my mind went back to the little doll that I had somehow managed to become friends with. His name brought a weird tingle into my stomach that I didn't dislike at all.
    I straightened my hair with more effort then usual hoping that Tobi would show up at work today and maybe he'd let me take him out for lunch (on a date. They're called dates). I even wore a slight bit of eyeliner to accentuate my eyes.
    I thought more about him as I got dressed and ran to work, nearly gettin run over in the process(cuz I'm just a ninja like that). I was early but that was okay. It would give me time to smoke. And think more about Tobi. It was like an obsession. One that I really wasn't going to complain about. At least not yet. 
    He had singlehandedly become a ray of hope and light in my world. And that was exactly what I needed right then. Him and Avalon were the only things that motivated me to live. Without them, I would have given into Jared by that point.
    I was almost done with my cigarette when Candy showed up- only not in her waitress uniform. I groaned again, cursing Persephone, my tribute goddess, as she bounded up in that too-sweet manner.
    "Good Goddess, you don't ever give up do you? It's even your day off!" I exclaimed, exasperated.
  "Oh love. You're so clulessly cute. A boy in love needs all the help he can get."
     "I'm not in lo-" I stopped dead when I saw Tobi walk up, twiddling his thumbs in front of him.
    In that moment I realized something. It was on my mind from the second I saw him, to the hour and a half he spent hanging out with me in the cafe. All the way to be stopping by with a piece of cake on my way home. And that was one simple fact. 
   In the matter of a week this stranger- this beautiful boy- had stolen my heart. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I was falling in love.