Falling for the Enemy

I Can't Believe You!

Maria

"Where is she?" I looked at my phone for like the tenth time in past minute. Stefanie went to see Alex over an hour ago and she is not back yet. I was starting to get worried that something might have happened to her. I was sitting on the couch with Randy while he rubbed my back trying to calm my nerves. Mike had gone to look for her about fifteen minutes ago and was still not back.

"She probably went to see Charity or something." Randy shrugged. Charity was Stef's good friend. They have known each other ever since they were two. She would always get caught up talking to her about their past and all the good times they had. She also got along with Charity's boyfriend, Zack. That's right Zack Ryder. They all knew each other for about ten years.

My head shot up as I saw Mike walk through the door with a disappointed look on his face.

Mike

I made my way to Alex's locker room, since that is the last place Stef said she was going to be. I found myself standing in front of his door hoping that she was inside. Raising my hand, I knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I heard from the other side of the door.

Turning the handle, I opened the door as I walked in only to find Alex. "Is Stef here?" I sighed as I looked around his empty locker room.

Looking from lacing his converse boots, he gave me a puzzled look. "No." He shook his had. "I have not seen her all night." A defeated sigh escaped my lips. "She said she was coming to see you."

Alex looked at me again, even more confused. "She did?" He seemed to have no idea what I was talking about.

"Yeah.." I ran my hands through my short hair as I licked my dry lips. "...she left over an hour ago and has not been back yet."

"Where do you think she is?" Alex asked as he fixed his knee pads.

"I don't know." I mumbled trying to think of anywhere she could be.

"Charity maybe?" Alex looked up at me.

"Maybe.." I muttered as I turned toward the door. "...thanks." I said over my shoulder before turning around. "If you see her, please tell her I'm looking for her?" I looked over at Alex who nodded. Turing back around, I left his room and made my way to find Charity and Zack to see if they have seen Stef at all.

Stefanie

The room was cold, damp, and a bit dusty. I sat with my back against the wall with my knees to my chest. I hugged my knees, hoping that Mike would walk through that door any minute. Hearing muffled voices from outside the door, I hugged my knees tighter. I tried to make out who's voice I was hearing. The voices stopped and I head the sound of the lock turning before the door slowly opened. The light from outside was bright causing me to shield my eyes from the light.

"Mike?" I asked through squinted eyes hoping and praying it was him.

"Guess again." I heard a familiar voice chuckle.

Gasping at the sound of the voice, I knew that this was not going to be good. I had been so careful the past few weeks. The past few weeks have been pure bliss without him telling me what to do every second of the day.

"W-wade?" I gasped as I felt his eyes on me.

"What did I tell you?" Wade began to yell at me.

"I don't care!" I yelled back as I blinked my eyes readjusting to the now dim light in the room.

"You don't care?" Wade hissed. "You better start caring because you are never going to see him again!" Wade stated bringing tears to my eyes as my heart began to break.

"You can not tell me who to be with! I am not a child anymore!" I shot back as I slowly stood to my feet. Getting a but dizzy, I leaned back against the wall as I brought my hands to my face.

"Now.." I brought my hands down to see Wade standing right in front of me now. "..you are going to do what I say when I say it." Wade spat angrily.

"Like hell I will!" I pushed him away as I tried to make my way to the door. Wade grabbed my forearm pulling me back into the center of the room.

"I'll make sure of it!" He grinned as the door opened. Turning my head to the door, I saw the one person that has wanted to be with me forever. The one person I did not want to be with. He was the only person Wade approved of to be with me.

"You are going to stay with him and you are going to like it!" Wade pushed me toward him. He caught me as I stumbled forward, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist. He was holding me a bit to close and I tried to put distance between us. He brought his hand to my face as he moved some hair behind my ear.

"Finally you're mine." Hew grinned. I bit my lip as I turned to Wade in hopes that he would stop him from touching me. Wade had a smug grin on his face as he headed to the door. "Have fun you two." Wade smirked as he left the room leaving me alone with the person I hated the most in the world.