The Hunter and the Raven

The Hunt

It was an almost magical night, the stars where in the clear night sky and far off in the dark sky there was an aurora borealis. The atmosphere was tranquil the dear grazed on the grass which had been turned silver by the brilliant white moon, the scent of pine thick around the glade and the soft roaring of the Iralia falls in the distance.
Daniel a boy of the age of sixteen crept slowly under the cover of the thick pine trees, he was of medium build with dark black hair and crystal blue eyes, he had fair skin and wore a tan shirt and tan trousers which had patches all over them. He looked almost feral from the three days of rough traveling tracking the dear through the mountains; finally he had caught them up. Daniel raised his bow and prepared to shoot, he could smell the dear roasting on the spit, he could taste the roasted dear in his mouth, then he let the arrow fly it was a deadly black missile in the night, Daniel did not hear the thud the dear should have made, he knocked another arrow, suddenly a shrill scream from a raven high in the dark sky made the dear bolt, Daniel loosed the arrow and missed by the breadth of a hair.
“Barzữl,” cursed Daniel raising his fist into the sky.
The raven flew down to the tree above Daniel and cackled, “Foolish boy, do not enter our domain and think you can hunt,” it said in a reedy voice.
Daniel was taken by surprise that that the raven spoke “what are you?” he stuttered
“Foolish boy, Foolish boy,” the raven chanted
Daniel became angry but also agitated that the two were not alone. Daniel began to knock an arrow but the raven chirped “I wouldn’t do that if I was you I would run before the others get her they are not so light to hunters in our domain,”
“What others?” queried Daniel
“The bear, and panthers are the other three protecting tonight, you best run boy run,” cackled the raven
Daniel then heard a snarling and a purring in the not far distance.
“Run boy, Run!” screeched the raven
Finally Daniel got his body into motion and sprinted to his backpack shouldered it then sprinted off to the soft roaring of the Iralia falls not caring about any of the scratches from brambles, ducking under branches and jumping over logs. Daniel was soon out of the ravens sight and invisible under the menacing shadows of the trees.
Back at the tree where the raven had been sat a short girl with jet black hair and black eyes with sharp features, she was dressed in a black feather shirt and wore black leather trousers with leather boots.
♠ ♠ ♠
Im just spliting this 5 page short story into chapters