The Hunter and the Raven

Returning Home

The next morning, Daniel woke with a start, had he dreamed it or was it real, he crawled out of his shelter and took note of his surroundings, he had not dreamed it, the dew on the trees sparkled in the morning light, the Iralia falls thundered on as always the icy blue of the falls glistening in the light as they fell, Daniel was amazed he had got to sleep. After demolishing his camp for the second time he set off for home. Some small beady eyes watched him go, after the raven could not see Daniel anymore, it took flight and disappeared into the sun.
“Mum, mum Daniel’s back,” squealed a small girl with auburn hair and purple eyes.
“Yes Angela I can see that,” said the girls mother, she had silver hair and withered blue eyes.
As Daniel walked up to the old farm house that sat above the fields which would be covered in crop come spring, and walked through the door Angela ran up and hugged him.
“Hello Angela, hello aunt Agather,” said Daniel warmly.
“Hello nephew,” replied Agather, “Did you catch anything?”
“No, unfortunately not, though a raven talked to me” said Daniel.
“You met a druid? A talking animal, a shape changer,” said Agather wide eyed.
“Erm, yes the raven spoke,” said Daniel
“Consider yourself fortunate, the druids don’t reveal themselves lightly to strangers,” said Agather “Now about food we will probably have to buy it from the traders tomorrow,”
“Ok,” said Daniel
“Now off to bed you two,” Mothered Agather as she blew out the candle.