The Hunter and the Raven

Revenge

The next morning Daniel woke with Angela shaking him, she was in her white night gown and had tears streaking down her pale face her auburn hair a mess.
“Wake up, please wake up,” sobbed Angela
“What’s wrong?” asked Daniel soothingly
“Its mum she is breathing heavily and she is muttering incoherently,” said Angela
Daniel jumped out of bed so fast he almost knocked over Angela then he ran into his aunts room, Angela appeared at the door a few minuets later.
“Daniel, get the food with this and take care of Angela for me,” rasped Agather
“What are you saying your going to pull through I will get Gemini the herbalist,” said Daniel
Then he turned round to Angela and said “don’t let her fall asleep I’ll be back as fast as I can with Gemini, if anything happens you run as fast as you can to find me,”
“I will do my best,” replied Angela weakly
Daniel slipped on some trousers under his night gown and sprinted down the path to the town, he hadn’t bothered about shoes, as it would have taken to long, the sharp stones sliced at Daniel’s bare feet and left a scarlet trail behind him, and this did not deter Daniel for one second. Daniel ran to Gemini’s house and banged on the door so heavily Gemini woke with a start, when the banging didn’t stop Gemini cursed whoever was at the door for waking her up so early and then went to the door, when she drew close she heard some pleas of help, she quickly opened the oaken door and said in her thick northern accent “Yes what do you want,”
“Gemini its Agather she is ill and dying, please you have to help her,” cried Daniel
“Let me just get my kit, I will be but a moment,” said Gemini quickly seeing the urgency of the matter.
“Can you grab a glass of honey dew if you have any for me please,” said a girl with jet black hair and black eyes with sharp features, she was dressed in a black feather shirt and wore black leather trousers with leather boots, and looked like she had been roughed up abit.
“Ok I have my kit, here is a vial of honey dew,” said Gemini handing the vial to the girl
“Thank you,” said the girl
“Come on Gemini, we must get back fast,” moaned Daniel
“I’m sorry to say this but it’s too late,” said the girl
“How would you know,” growled Daniel and then ran off with Gemini in hot pursuit, the girl sighed and then ran after them.
As they drew close to the farm they heard a shrill scream.
“Angela!” shouted Daniel
Angela appeared at the top of the hill, and then a massive black spike appeared through her and she crumpled to the floor.
“No!” screamed Daniel in furry and ran to his cousins corpse.
“Oh my goodness,” said Gemini as they reached the corpse, but she wasn’t looking at Angela she was looking at the giant beast that was standing in front of the blazing farmhouse, it had blood red eyes and had claws, it stood on its hind legs like a human with animal aspects, it had a gruesome row of sharp teeth. It raised its hand and snarled.
“Get down,” shouted the girl as she finally caught up and tackled Daniel and Gemini to the ground as two black spikes shot over their heads.
“Jarlar!” shouted the girl raising her hand at the creature, an emerald green bolt erupted from her hand and blasted strait at the creature, but it side stepped with in-human speed and ran off over the fields to the forest of embrace.
“You’re a druid!” gasped Gemini staring at the girl
“Yes I am Naria, the Raven druid,” stated the girl proudly “Daniel I plan to hunt and finish this thing as it killed my kin I am the last druid of the four survivors, will you join me in the hunt?”
“Aye, I will,” said Daniel quietly and he got up and patted his knife.
“I’m sorry I wasted your time Gemini,” said Daniel
“On the contrary it was a change from routine and I got to meet a druid, but I will head home if you’re hunting this creature, good luck,” smiled Gemini