Status: **DISCONTINUED**

Demolition Lovers

Mess

“Annabelle, wake up” Gerard’s husky voice cooed at Annabelle’s sleeping body. They had just arrived back at Gerard’s apartment, and Annabelle had fell into a deep deep sleep. She shuffled a bit, and slowly opened her eyes, seeing big hazel orbs looking back at her. She ran her fingers through her hair, and took in her surroundings.

Gerard leaned over, unbuckling the seatbelt for her, as she seemed to be frozen, not knowing where she was. A look of confusion consumed her face. “I had the craziest dream… We all went to a bar, and I got totally shit faced. You and I…” she paused looking at him before finishing, “we got into this massive fight. And then we kissed…” her voice held a hint of confusion. Gerard’s body stiffened a bit at the words that had just left her lips. Annabelle noticed, and quirked an eyebrow in a questioning way.

“Heh, you see, that wasn’t a dream, Belle. That was like 20 minutes ago. You fell asleep in the car…” He grabbed her arm gently, pulling her out of the vehicle as he continued, “It was reality, love… Let’s get your drunk ass inside and into bed.” Annabelle slumped into Gerard, most of her weight being put on him, but being as skinny as she was, it didn’t affect Gerard in any way.

He pulled both his and her weight up the stairs and into his apartment. He kicked the door shut, ‘causing a loud bang, as he took Annabelle back to his bedroom, laying her on the bed. She groaned.

“I’m so stupid.” she whispered under her breath, hoping Gerard wouldn’t hear it. She kept her breath steady while trying to fight off the pain of a forming headache.

“Yeah, you are.” Annabelle flinched, startled by his voice interrupting the comfortable silence that was there only moments ago.

“What?” she asked confused.

“You’re stupid. You’re really fucking stupid.” He was angry now, she could tell by the change in his tone and his posture. He was leaning against the door, just staring at her as she lay there drunk and helpless.

She stayed silent for a moment, and Gerard did as well. The silence wasn’t awkward, nor was it comfortable. It was tense, to say the least.

Annabelle leaned up, ignoring her throbbing head, and looked at Gerard. His eyes sparkled under the low lights. She couldn’t see their color, but she could see them. She broke the silence between the two. “I know.” her voice sounded monotone. It wasn’t purposely, but because she just felt so drained. “Are you gonna kick me out now?” she asked, her tone still the same.

Gerard shifted his position, but stayed by the door. He shook his head, “Nope. You’re a mess, Belle. Elena kicked you out, Kelsey doesn’t have room at her place - you have no where to go. And don’t you even try to say you have Ike and Rain. You know damn well Rain is moving in the next couple of days to California, and Ike is just as fucked up as you, therefore you’re not staying with her. You’re staying here.” his voice was surprisingly calm, but she knew his words were meant to be vicious.

She processed everything he had just said to her. “How do you know about Ike?” her eyes narrowed slightly. No one knew about Ike’s addiction except Kelsey, Rain, and herself. Elena had probably just found out from walking in on them, but that didn’t even matter. How Gerard knew, is what bothered her.

“We live in a small town, Belle. The word gets around. Do you really think that’s something that no one would find out? You can tell by looking at the girl that she‘s a coke head.” his voice was still calm and it irritated Annabelle to death.

“Whatever! This isn’t about Ike!” She shouted, standing up from the bed, and walking towards him. “If I’m such a mess, why are you trying to put up with me?” she said through gritted teeth. “Do you like me?” She questioned.
“Ha, oh, wow, that’s a good one. Do I like you?! Ha!” He chuckled at this, finding it humorous. It was almost like he was trying to make Annabelle tick, but he wasn’t, that’s just how Gerard was - his sarcasm dry, and always inputted when not needed. “You intrigue me, that’s all.” A smirk made it’s way to his lips.

“Is that all?” She sneered.

His smirk left just as soon as it was placed upon his lips. “No. I do care about you, Belle. We both know you’re having a hard time, and I think I can help.” his words were gentle now, and he grabbed Annabelle’s hands in his.

“How can you help me?! I’m a mess, Gerard! There’s nothing here for me, I’m nothing. I’m about as worthless as a blank canvas, don’t you see?!” she pulled out of his grasp violently. She could feel the sadness and anger flow through her veins.

“So you just want to kill yourself? That’s all you ever want to do? That’s why you drink, pop pills, and just get fucked up in general; because you’re depressed? You do all that stupid shit ‘cause it’s the closest thing you have to death, right? And you just hope to God that one day you’ll over do it, and it’ll be your last day, am I right?” his glare was tense.

She felt like he just read her mind. How could he know exactly how she felt? ABOUT EVERYTHING! It’s like she was an open book, and he’d been reading her for years. She couldn’t think of anything to say to him. She was speechless at this point.

Gerard got closer to Annabelle and leaned down, to where their noses were almost touching. His cool breath hit her face, and she averted his eyes. That’s when he spoke, “What if there is no God? And you hope and you pray every god damn day for him to just be like ‘okay, I guess it’s time to just let this girl go’, but no one is listening? Sounds like you’re wasting your time praying to him, if you ask me. So here’s my advice to you - believe in yourself. You’re obviously sick and tired of feeling worthless and being sad, so fucking change that. You’re the only person who can change that, so take control for once in your life. Don’t be so afraid to take action.” he was still close to Annabelle’s face, and her eyes were still looking away from his.

He chuckled a bit and leaned back, ’causing Annabelle to look up at him with a questioning look. “Go to bed, Annabelle.” and he left the bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
'Twas inspired and wrote another chapter!
Thank you to Vintage Arsenic, jaymuhree, and KilljoyMaiden for commenting.<3

And thanks again to jaymuhree for betaing this chapter for me.

No one likes a silent reader. Please comment c: