Sequel: Dear Liz

Dear John

I need you so much closer

After waking him up in such a startling manner, he can't go back to sleep. Neither can I but I decide to close my eyes and relax as he gently strokes and plays with my hair, twirling it, caressing it.
If it weren't because I'm too busy humming, I could purr.

"Are you humming one of our songs?" I frown confused. What is he talking about..? I'm not– "Are you humming 'Into Your Arms'?" He asks, obviously amused. My eyes open in disbelief.

I guess I was.

I was doing it half-unconsciously, though. The other conscious half was kind of hoping he wouldn't notice.

I can feel his abdomen tighten and relax, his chest go up and down and his vocal chords vibrate as he laughs –at me, of course. My hand that rested on his jugular notch moves downwards to playfully slap him on his bare chest. A soft "oomph" leaves his lips as I do and then he laughs a bit more.

I try to frown and pretend that I'm mad at him, to hopefully stop him from making fun of me, but I can't get rid of the grin plastered on my face.

"Screw you. It's not my fault your stupid songs are catchy." I say, still smiling. He answers with a kiss on the top of my head.
I can barely feel it as my messy hair covers the sense of touch on my scalp, but it still makes my heart jump in delight.

Soon I have my eyes closed again. This time –instead of playing with my hair– his fingers are caressing my skin, like a spider crawling and creeping down the length of my arm and then going back up, all the way to the crook of my neck.
Bumps appear on my skin from his touch.

Without noticing, I began to fall in a dream-like state.

Inhale, exhale.

Inhale, exhale.

Inhale–

Now I'm the one who opens eyes her eyes abruptly. Except, this time, his arms are no longer around me –he isn't even laying next to me– and, what saddens me the most; I can't find his green orbs.