Sequel: Dear Liz

Dear John

I need you so much closer

He used to text me almost every day while he was gone. He'd ask me how I was and what I did that day and he'd answer the same questions. Sometimes, when something exceptionally funny or unusual happened he would call me. It was lovely hearing his voice…but it obviously couldn't beat listening to it while he was sitting next to me.

Everyday I'd think about him. I'd think about him smiling in front of the audience in which ever city he was playing and my heart would jump from happiness, imaging those beautiful pearly whites showing, glowing under the stage lights. I'd think about that silly kiss on my cheek and then not only my heart would jump, but also stop one second and beat furiously the next. I'd also wonder if it meant anything…if he just used to kiss other girl's cheeks…

That question would be answered the day he returned.

As soon as the boys from The Maine got back from their tour, their friends threw them a party at Jackie's, since her parents were gone on one of their countless business trips.
I had only seen him at the beginning of the party –when I gave him a tight hug that he returned, making me almost squeal with joy– and hadn't seen him since and it was about time we had that little break of ours.
I didn't even want to smoke, I just wanted to talk to him and hear everything about tour, even though he had already told me everything through messages and phone calls.

Anyway, the thing is, he wasn't drinking a beer like he usually did with Rex or Moose. He wasn't with Eric or Jared. Not even Melissa or Kennedy. He wasn't in the living room, the kitchen, the pool or the front yard…

He was in a dark hall that lead to a small bathroom.

It would have weirded me out if I had found him there alone, but I wouldn't have minded. It would have bothered me a tiny bit if I saw him there just talking to a girl. I wish I had found him in one of this situations…but no.

I had to find him making out with some girl. And that killed me.

I had only caught a glimpse of him, but a glimpse was all I needed to know it was him. He was too busy with Ashley –at least I thought it was her– to even notice I had seen them.
I stormed out of the house, glad I hadn't run into Jackie who would no doubt had asked me questions I wasn't willing to answer at that moment.

Without thinking, I made my way to the bench. My bench.
I sat down and took out my pack of smokes. I suddenly wanted to smoke every single one of them.
I almost dropped the damn thing about 4 times until I finally was able to take out a cigarette that I brought to my lips with shaky hands.

I was on the verge of tears, so my vision was rather blurry. I still managed to light the cancer stick and, immediately after doing so, I took the longest drag I had ever taken.
I could feel the smoke scorching my tongue, my throat, my lungs. The nicotine invading my bloodstream. My muscles relaxing. I could think again.

Inhale. Exhale.

Inhale. Exhale.

Why did it even bother me that much? It wasn't like he was cheating on me. It wasn't like he broke a promise. Nope. It didn't bother me.
It pained me.

I wanted to go home but, out of all days, I had to pinky promise Jackie that precise day that I would sleep over at her house.

And
then I saw him making his way out of the house. He didn't have to look around; he spotted me immediately.
He made his way towards my lonely, soon-to-be-a-wreck self with a nervous look on his face. One of his hands was in his jeans' pocket and the other was ruffling his already messy strands of dirty blonde and light brown.

I wanted to run and to hide but there was no escaping now.
♠ ♠ ♠
6 subscribers! Yes! :)

And thank you brittanybank and dakingsnake; for commenting. <3

I'm thinking of making a sequel. It would be the same story but from John's POV. Would anyone be interested?

Thanks for reading!